Golden Tate

Laloosh

Reaction score
Didn't check the link (busy with work) but my understanding was that he ran the wrong route on a pick and Stafford was pretty pissed off.

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Yeah, that did happen, but he also has been dreadful there all season, a total ghost after 90+ catches and over a thousand yards last year. I wonder if he's mentally done and wants out.

It's interesting that we just let him walk and chose head case Percy over him.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I posted this yesterday but must have got removed because of the comment about Tate and RW's ex....Lions really miss Megatron.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Golden Tate is another Darrell Jackson. A guy with immense talent who thought he was better than the system and could rely on his talent. Seattle saying no thank you was a huge eye opener for him but ultimately the scare wares off and you revert back to the guy who isn't interested in putting in the work and still believes his talent is enough to compensate for his brain farts.

Tate was one of the funnest Seahawk receivers to watch that I can remember, including Largent. Not because he was better but because he possesses the best balance and concentration of any Seahawk receiver I have ever followed.

Ultimately though just like D-Jack he will squander his career because he doesn't have the mental make up, will power or self discipline to prevent himself from doing so.

I was really disappointed when he washed out of Seattle but just like many of the O-lineman that we have chose to let walk, he was never going to be a core player on this team.

Good luck to him one day finally realizing what he is throwing away and hopefully for him, it happens before he loses his god given talent but I won't shed a tear for him if it doesn't happen and letting him walk looks like a much smarter move overall now to me at least.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Tate benefited from Calvin and all the double teams he demanded. Now that is gone and Tate is no longer able to get open all day like he did before. They have now brought in new talent and the beneficiary of Tate being double teamed is Marvin Jones. Plus, the Lions just suck again. I swear, that team is doomed. I feel so sorry for their loyal fan base, I really do.