Vikings and Falcons are this year's new NFC ballers

NINEster

Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb this early and proclaiming them the new blood of the NFC, esp. if CAR & AZ can't hold their end of the deal.

Someone's gotta do it.

If the Giants beat the Vikings tonight, then maybe they can be in that mix. But right now I'm holding tight on the NFC East.

First these teams gotta win their division.

After that they will all be gunning for Wilson.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Vikings offense is only slightly better than average. Falcons defense is below average. That's an issue for both teams.

Vikings are the team that may come out of all this as the strongest. Their D is very very good. We've seen good offenses get shut down in big games by good Ds.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Falcons are pretenders. Last year they were 5-0 to start the season. I can almost guarantee you that they will be 3-3 in two weeks and no one will be talking about them. I'm going to call it now, Panthers still find a way to win that division. Tbh, 8-9 wins is all it will take to win the NFC South.

I like the Vikings because they are built to win on the road. A good defense always travels well. If only they had a running game. I think the Vikings cool off at some point, but they will be a wildcard. Zimmer is the real deal, he's a top 5 coach.

getnasty

Reaction score
Rams, Falcons and even the Vikings have too big of flaws on 1 side of the ball to be any kind of real threat. Though the Vikings defense might be good enough to make up for there offense. To me it still Seattle, GB, Arizona and Carolina in that order as the top teams in the NFC.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":npm5e9ud said:
I'm going out on a limb this early and proclaiming them the new blood of the NFC, esp. if CAR & AZ can't hold their end of the deal.

Someone's gotta do it.

If the Giants beat the Vikings tonight, then maybe they can be in that mix. But right now I'm holding tight on the NFC East.

You're obsessed with your Wilson hate, LOL.

Erebus

Reaction score
Maulbert":1s3jdofc said:
The same Falcons who lost to Tampa? Whatever you tell yourself at night to pretend the Hawks don't haunt your dreams.

I agree the Falcons are pretenders, but disagree with your logic. I don't think you can hold a single loss in the NFL (even to a bad team) against them, especially in week one. We almost lost to a bad Dolphins team and then lost to the eventually 7-9 Rams.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Erebus":39opdz2h said:
Maulbert":39opdz2h said:
The same Falcons who lost to Tampa? Whatever you tell yourself at night to pretend the Hawks don't haunt your dreams.

I agree the Falcons are pretenders, but disagree with your logic. I don't think you can hold a single loss in the NFL (even to a bad team) against them, especially in week one. We almost lost to a bad Dolphins team and then lost to the eventually 7-9 Rams.

I was thinking pretty much the exact same thing....especially when it comes to divisional opponents and season openers. Anything can happen. The Falcons do have issues on Defense that their offense can only make up for so much. Eventually it will harm them, but they still really are in the driver's seat for their division, especially the way the Panthers have been stumbling. The Saints have an awful defense that their offense hasn't been able to hide and Tampa is still Tampa. That division is ripe for the taking, but the Falcons may falter if the Panthers get their act together.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m waiting to hear from the Falcons that we haven't seen an offense like this .. EVER.

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":z5k9et04 said:
NINEster":z5k9et04 said:

Someone's gotta do it.

You're obsessed with your Wilson hate, LOL.

:mrgreen:

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I see the Vikings as Seahawks light. Very good defense but not quiet on our level yet and offensively it's clear their ceiling is much lower than ours as well. I see them doing very well this year and they have a big shot to make the play offs and even go somewhere but I'm not scared of playing them, really like our chances.

I'm not really buying the Falcons yet but that could very well turn around in a two week span. If they beat both the Broncos and the Hawks then they become the team to beat but the chance of that happening isn't all that big with their sub-par defense.

The teams I'm personally looking out for the most are the Packers and the Cowboys. I don't think they're better than us but if we play them I'm pretty sure the games would be very close.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We both have mostly the same teams as last year, other than we have Graham back now, but that game was razor close in the playoffs. I think it's close enough that it would depend on who had HFA. Graham could be the factor that differentiates our game from last year's with Minnesota.

Atlanta has a mismatch problem with us, and that's their defense. They can't stop the run. We'll see in 2 weeks, but if we can run on Atlanta, it's going to keep our defense fresh and off the field. That's the recipe to keeping an offense quiet; keeping them on the side lines.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Vikings are quickly building a playoff team in the mold of Seattle. Zimmer is a defensive genius while Norv Turner is a great playcaller and offensive mind. Minnesota's defense is fast, aggressive and young.
You could see it on Aaron Rodgers face after their loss in Minnesota's new home that the packers are in deep doo-doo for the next few years.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Seahawks have beaten Aaron Rodgers in memorable games and the Packers know it. We've done the same to Minnesota too.

Im sure the packer nation assumed Seattle would be their next true rivals while they continue to own the vikes... Funny thing is the vikings might have just surpassed them.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Hawks46":hhxpewk8 said:
We both have mostly the same teams as last year, other than we have Graham back now, but that game was razor close in the playoffs. I think it's close enough that it would depend on who had HFA. Graham could be the factor that differentiates our game from last year's with Minnesota.

Atlanta has a mismatch problem with us, and that's their defense. They can't stop the run. We'll see in 2 weeks, but if we can run on Atlanta, it's going to keep our defense fresh and off the field. That's the recipe to keeping an offense quiet; keeping them on the side lines.

You are giving Atlanta too much credit here by even saying you would need to keep their offense on the sidelines.

For one thing, no offense plays well at Seattle. Look at what you guys have done to Brees/Brady/Rodgers/Cam the past few years in games played in Seattle.

Matt Ryan, regardless of how well he is playing right now, is not on those guys' level.

On the flip side, Atlanta's defense is complete trash. They won't stop the Seahawks.

And then on top of that, it's back to back road games for Atlanta, with Seattle coming off a bye....

As you mentioned, it's a match up problem - Atlanta is the exact type of team Seattle destroys with regularity - a team with an offensive identity. It'll be something like 37-13.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
So Vikings win again....

63 points allowed in 5 games. 13 of those points when game was allready over by Titans 1st game and Texans today.

Eagles lost

Vikings sitting all alone with 5 wins in the NFC with strong tiebreakers. They play Philly in 2 weeks after the bye next week. That game will be HUGE

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I think it would be fair to say that the Vikings are this years Panthers. While I do respect their defense, I cannot respect the schedule. They, like the Panthers of last year, get to play a schedule that includes the NFC East and the AFC South. Combine that with 4 games against the Lions and Bears and you're left with 3 or 4 challenging games:

Cardinals (they aren't scaring anyone so far)
Packers x 2 (they already won one of them)
Cowboys (jury is still out on them considering Romo may be back in time for the Vikings game and that could be bad or good)

Prepare to be in Minnesota for the NFC Championship game