How does Blair Walsh still have a job?

nanomoz

Reaction score
I get your point, he's got to be on thin ice. But 46 yards is definitely not a chip shot.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
nanomoz":a38fvjhu said:
I get your point, he's got to be on thin ice. But 46 yards is definitely not a chip shot.

For NFL kickers it really is.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":26y9i6iz said:
We broke him.

Lolwut

The only thing we had to do with it is we were the team he shanked a chippy to win a playoff game against.

Kickers are like Golfers. Once they lose that confidence they're done.

nanomoz

Reaction score
gowazzu02":sa7l9z1m said:
nanomoz":sa7l9z1m said:

For NFL kickers it really is.

Kickers have absolutely gotten better over time. But in 2015, kickers made about 77% of kicks between 40 and 50 yards. Thats within a point or three of the best percentage ever. I'm not sure how being indoors affects those totals. But i doubt it hurts them.

If around 80% sounds like chip shot territory for you, that makes sense. For me, "chip shot" is probably 30 yards, tops. But my perspective is skewed by remembering when 45-yard field goals were 50-60% affairs. :2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3mmpohk1 said:
RolandDeschain":3mmpohk1 said:
We broke him.

Lolwut

The only thing we had to do with it is we were the team he shanked a chippy to win a playoff game against.

Lolwut

There's a bit more to it than that. If you don't see it, then I can't explain it.

OP
OP
B

BChawkfan

Reaction score
nanomoz":uojt2h3u said:

My point being that for a professional football player getting paid a fair amount of money to basically do one thing, to kick a football,a 46 yards is a chip shot. Stop being so chippy

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1myat3s1 said:
Hasselbeck":1myat3s1 said:
RolandDeschain":1myat3s1 said:
We broke him.

Lolwut

Lolwut

There's a bit more to it than that. If you don't see it, then I can't explain it.

You're right, it was all Seattle that ruined him, by ... standing there 20 yards away watching him shank a kick.

Your extreme homerism is always on point Roland. I'll give you that. :2thumbs: