Falcons lose 3 days of OTA's

HawkGA

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":3koj5o3a said:
Nice to see somebody else get popped for it. Cuts down on my paranoia a little.

Well, the apple doesn't fall too far from the Pete Carroll coaching tree.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I don't think the Hawks or the Falcons are alone in their training practices but are on the NFL firing line for it this season obviously, Pete always has and always will have competitive training programs and practices. Its what builds the mindset, self-confidence, and overall determination to win in his teams.
I do think that Pete has tried very hard to remain in compliance with the NFL rules in these matters. I also don't think that the NFLs governing body is being very fair minded in their assessment of these situations and are using the Seahawks and now the Falcons as "examples to the other teams" and fans that they mean business, not so much because these teams were in violation of the rules but because in order to justify the existence of these rules and this governing body someone has to take the hit for "not playing by the rules".
I'm all for player safety, I hate to see anyone get hurt on the field, and I'm glad they are always looking for ways to reduce the potential for the occurrence of injuries.
I don't think any coach on any team in the NFL wants to see any of their players get injured, and in fact go out of their way to try and keep all their players healthy throughout the entire season. I also know that these players are taking the field for their first games of the season with little to no real contact up and until that point.
I know that as a boxer and as a boxing coach, that it was important to get some time in the ring sparing each year before getting into the ring for a real match. The shock to your system when first absorbing blows will almost certainly bring about a reaction and response that will likely leave you even more vulnerable to your opponents attack, where with sparing prior to a live match your body will automatically maneuver to prevent absorbing another blow and in fact trigger a defensive maneuver and counter punch in response to it.
I think that these new rules in the NFL may in fact be contributing to increases were are seeing in injuries during the preseason to rookies and experienced players alike.
My thoughts on the matter for whatever they are worth.