Rams: Nine week tally v Non NFCW teams

RedAlice

Reaction score
0-1.

Buff wins, Rams lose.

-----

Rams are constantly scolded and disdained for not beating teams outside of the NFCW.

So, this thread is to tally their wins or losses for their next nine games v non NFCW teams.

Rams have played all 3 NFC W teams with a record of 2-1. They don't face an NFCW opponent again until the Thursday night game @Hawks on Dec 15th, then SF, then AZ. So, pretty much finish w 3 games in our division.

No clue how this goes, but let's see.

Up now is Bills @Rams.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":146erhpx said:
Rams are constantly scolded and disdained for not beating teams outside of the NFCW.

So, this thread is to tally their wins or losses for their next nine games v non NFCW teams.

Rams have played all 3 NFC W teams with a record of 2-1. They don't face an NFCW opponent again until the Thursday night game @Hawks on Dec 15th, then SF, then AZ. So, pretty much finish w 3 games in our division.

Up now is Bills @Rams.
I think you overestimate how much anyone here cares.

NINEster

Reaction score
As a fan of the game, I care. Rams might be a playoff team this year and another beneficiary of losing the late MNF opener like the Vikes last year.

Plus last thing we need are the Seahawks clinching the NFC West with relative ease. :mrgreen:

So far, week 5 is off to a good start in that regard. :irishdrinkers:

NINEster

Reaction score
A round up for Alice:

Based on the surprising 49er win over the Rams to open season, I think historical information on the *L.A.* Rams is in order.

Teams' last win, loss to LA Rams in LA (capped at 1994):

Seahawks: Never won @ LA Rams (no ties)
NYF Giants: 1990, 1994
Panthers: Did not exist as franchise
Dolphins: 1986, 1976 (Orange Bowl)
* Falcons: 1994, 1992
* 49ers: 1994, 1986
Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals: 1992, 1994

Teams' last win, loss hosting LA Rams (capped at 1994):

49ers: 1994, 1990 [prior to this year]
Buccaneers: 1994, 1992
Phoenix/St.Louis Cardinals: 1993, 1987
Lions: 1991, 1987
Jets: 1983 (Shea Stadium), 1986 (Giants stadium)
*Saints: 1994, 1993
Patriots: 1974, 1989
Seahawks: 1991, 1985

* NFC West division opponent

Courtesy of: www.footballdb.com

Pops

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":33llhl0c said:
RedAlice":33llhl0c said:

Up now is Bills @Rams.

Not true. Rams threads get a lot of responses here. As they should.

Pops

Reaction score
NINEster":1otnerzn said:
As a fan of the game, I care. Rams might be a playoff team this year and another beneficiary of losing the late MNF opener like the Vikes last year.

Plus last thing we need are the Seahawks clinching the NFC West with relative ease. :mrgreen:

So far, week 5 is off to a good start in that regard. :irishdrinkers:

So true. The Rams look better in the lead.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Pops":1bw4lw18 said:
UK_Seahawk":1bw4lw18 said:
RedAlice":1bw4lw18 said:

Up now is Bills @Rams.

You should consider why they do and how long they last. Let's see if this one lives up to its title and Alice's best intentions.

Pops

Reaction score
Uncle Si":30em7ig1 said:
Pops":30em7ig1 said:
UK_Seahawk":30em7ig1 said:
RedAlice":30em7ig1 said:

Up now is Bills @Rams.

You should consider they they do and how long they last. Let's see if this one lives up to its title and Alice's best intentions.

Thread can't last if its locked. What is there in the title to "live up to"? The Rams will play the non divisional games and the record will be whatever it is. I can't speak for her but I assume the hope is to see progress beating teams outside of the NFCW.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You're working too hard to be daft. I'd suggest you stop.

The title suggests 9 weeks. The last thread was locked because of trolling and bickering. Alice doesn't need you to speak for her. That helped get the last thread locked.

Pops

Reaction score
Uncle Si":k41cqy8e said:

The title suggests 9 weeks. The last thread was locked because of trolling and bickering. Alice doesn't need you to speak for her. That helped get the last thread locked.

I already said I can't speak for her. I'm not daft as I know you're trying to pee on my leg.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Pops":r27igrdl said:
Uncle Si":r27igrdl said:

I already said I can't speak for her. I'm not daft as I know you're trying to pee on my leg.

You're doing terrific.

Threedee

Reaction score
If the Bills play another game like we haven't been expecting them to, that should help begin the Rams regression back to the mean.

Pops

Reaction score
If the Rams play another game like you haven't been expecting them to, that should help maintain the Rams progression to remain on top. See that works too.

Boycie

Reaction score
Pops":3v1b9s19 said:
If the Rams play another game like you haven't been expecting them to, that should help maintain the Rams progression to remain on top. See that works too.

I just can't believe that the Rams will remain on top. Not with the QB they have. I do believe that the Bills are going to lose this weekend in LA though. They just won their SB in New England.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2wrm0gah said:
Pops":2wrm0gah said:

I just can't believe that the Rams will remain on top. Not with the QB they have. I do believe that the Bills are going to lose this weekend in LA though. They just won their SB in New England.

This is what I am thinking also. I fully expect them to come out completely flat and make mistakes early that they won't be able to bail themselves out of.

Next week is pretty much a bye week also for the Rams going to Detroit who are playing as bad as any team in the league. I see this as an easy win for LA so potentially they could be 5-1 after week 6. Still not sold they make the playoffs though.

Funny before the season it looked like AZ was getting all the schedule break catching NE minus Brady but after a few weeks of play here it is looking more like the Rams are catching teams at the right time. Seattle with Wilson on a fresh high ankle sprain, AZ playing like dog crap and now the Bills right after a getting an emotional win against their biggest rival.

These next two games look like they should be easy wins but we are talking about Fisher here so lets see if he regresses to the mean and loses those games he should have easily won.

Pops

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":33ktuqwd said:
Pops":33ktuqwd said:

I'm not comfortable with Keenum at QB but I do see improvement. If the O line can open holes for Gurley then the reliance upon the passing attack lessens. I hope you're right about the Bills.

Pops

Reaction score
RichNhansom":32301o1b said:
Funny before the season it looked like AZ was getting all the schedule break catching NE minus Brady but after a few weeks of play here it is looking more like the Rams are catching teams at the right time. Seattle with Wilson on a fresh high ankle sprain, AZ playing like dog crap

No luck involved. The Rams simply beat the Seahawks and AZ. The Rams made the plays to win.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The Rams always play tough in the divison. Last year they went 4-2 in the division but 3-7 outside of it. It's fair to wonder if the same pattern emerges again this year or if they can finally get rid of it.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Why do we need to do this?

Let's just all meet up in January and talk about 7-9 again.

NINEster

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1wmuchbt said:
Why do we need to do this?

Let's just all meet up in January and talk about 7-9 again.

I have the Rams winning 6 more games, putting them at 9-7, based on historical data posted above.