MNF Down?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
ESPN not showing anything. Anyone else having this problem? Screen is blacked out.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Got it here in San Diego over cable. In HD and everything.

So, all but one talking head picked Carolina to win. With Cam out and with their defense, how on earth can anyone expect them to win?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":39x0zmry said:
I picked the Panter's to win in the pool, but I didn't realize Cam was out.

My wife just got diagnosed with cancer a few days ago, so my mind hasn't exactly been sharp. =P

Oh no! Positive thoughts for you both. I would be devastated.

Maulbert

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":100pohal said:

My wife just got diagnosed with cancer a few days ago, so my mind hasn't exactly been sharp. =P

I know the feeling. My mother was diagnosed in February. Your wife can kick its ass! My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3gj46jqw said:

My sympathies. Sending my positive vibes.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ebhjzmb said:
The_Z_Man":1ebhjzmb said:

My sympathies. Sending my positive vibes.
Likewise from me Z_man.

dadof3

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2zdfwct0 said:

Hang in there, good thoughts coming toward you and your wife. My wife had kidney cancer a couple years ago and licked it, hoping for the same result for you.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3bg5rev6 said:
Hope your wife has a speedy recovery man. F cancer.

Ditto, wishing both of you a full recovery. I'm in Tucson as well, so I know exactly what you mean about the lighting. Glad she caught it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1mim7qpy said:

Ah crap. Good luck, and stay positive.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1pzsalk7 said:
b8rtm8nn":1pzsalk7 said:
Hasselbeck":1pzsalk7 said:
Hope your wife has a speedy recovery man. F cancer.

Ditto, wishing both of you a full recovery. I'm in Tucson as well, so I know exactly what you mean about the lighting. Glad she caught it.

Not happy to be in Tucson, right now... not the way these hospitals work.

12 years ago I was an engineer and manufacturing manager up in the Seattle area ... we were doing well, house on Lake Stevens, a truck, a car... monthly bonuses, then boom... horrible illness struck me and I was in the hospital fighting for my life.

We lost EVERYTHING, and I mean everything... moved to Tucson and started over from scratch, living on my meager pension while my wife worked in gyms because I'm crippled for life and have eye degeneration and a host of other problems. I did photography on the side, started getting published -- made it into Playboy, Maxim, FHM, et. and then I overextended myself and got sick again... 1 week in the ICU, blood infection (septicemia) Almost didn't make it. That was pretty much the end of my side photography career.

She started cleaning houses, and doubling her workload... not to mention taking care of a crippled husband who was stuffed full of chemo drugs and steriods (which made me half crazy). Most women would have ditched me, but not her.

I've no doubt the stress she's been going through is what helped bring this on.,, because she's a health food nut... doesn't drink, never smoked, hell, she doesn't even eat candy or anything else with sugar, she's that health conscious.

She doesn't deserve this at all. And then the crap the hospital pulled today...

There were bumps with Blue Cross because our deductible has gone up 10x over since the advent of Obamacare (and all the loopholes that corporations found in it to exploit), and the hospital called today threatening to cancel my wife's surgery if we didn't come up with 7.5 k up front by Friday. I am still begging and pleading and jumping through hoops, borrowing from friends, et.

I hate these medical bean counters with the kind of hate I can't even put into words.

This is the only country in the world where you can lose everything from just getting sick once. Insurance? When I got sick we had the best insurance you could get on an Engineer's salary, . she's shelling out a third of her salary for insurance, and this is how they treat her when faced with cancer.

What has happened to us is nothing short of evil.

I'm a gentle soul, so I'm not prone to taking my rage out on the world and other poor blighters like myself, but I really do see how some people go off their nut and do terrible things in situations like this.
Wow, just wow. I feel your pain very plainly through your words. I wish I could say something beyond "I'm sorry" but really can't come up with anything else. I will say prayers, I promise.

The medical system in this country is utterly broken but I'm not sure what a better alternative might be. :(

chris98251

Reaction score
For those of you facing this dreadful challenge my prayers are with you, I also have a wife that has had major medical problems and the process and indignant way they make you feel and how your constantly waiting for someone to say we will let you do this or that is maddening. Were still dealing with it and yes it cripples you in every way, financial, mentally and physically, not to mention the one's around you feeling helpless.

Largent80

Reaction score
Damn Z Man. So sorry to hear all of this. I send my warmest regards of love and healing light.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2g83rnyk said:
This thread, and some of the PM's I received last night were eye openers.

The HELL people on this board have gone through with illness and cancer, and all of life's hard knocks is just something else.

Maybe that's why football is so important to us, something to cheer for to ease the pain.

I know I really don't post on any internet board, or take part in two many discussions outside of this one board, and even this one is hard to take at times and I've taken breaks over the years...

But I always come back, because the people who post here have a lot of mud on their feet, if you know what I mean.

I can relate.

Ya, in a really deep way, we are all family here too. Going in for an MRI on my shoulder after the Nawlins game. I set it back a couple days so I could recover before going in. Just did some extra work for friends on a vacation. Just got back and we did the prep work for finishing the job. Not going any further into it on this post. Not appropriate.

Seahawks football is a distraction from the every day normalcy of living life. It is a great thing to be around others that have the same passion of a simple distraction. We feel this by keeping the memory of the Radish alive and all others in this realm. We are happy to have met some of the most avid distraction fans on our realm. Keep the happy thoughts as My mother is still alive after having cancer and winning the battle. She is still alive at the age of 77 or so. Be happy.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your wife Z. I hope she beats that awful disease. Hang in there.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Z Man,

I am so sorry to hear this as I know cancer too well, lost my Dad to it in 1980 and now my wife's sister has stage 4 breast cancer.
She gets chemo every 2 weeks, was diagnosed 5 years ago and is doing good considering what she has been facing.

Always hold out hope as the new treatments seem to be a vast improvement from older treatments.

If you want to talk or info on what type of chemo drug my sister in law is getting please feel free to pm me.

Prayers to you and your family.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Z Man. Read this thread during the game. Wow. I honestly can't add much to what has already been said, except my absolute loves and happy thoughts as prayers and anything positive I can conjure up towards both you and your wife.

Being self-employed and off the corp insurance, I'm scared to death of that one thing that pushes me into the same thing. America has a real issue here, and no solution.

Happy to read your post above, Yay. I hope the very best for you two going forward. Best.