I Think It's Time We Talk About Rodgers And The Packers

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Last year I gave Rodgers and the Packers a pass. Jordy was out. They had no running game.....But now they are fully healthy, an the offense has looked terrible.

So what's wrong with the Packers offense? It's not time to R-E-L-A-X in Green Bay. Their offense just isn't good, plain as that. And Rodgers is missing some wide open throws. He has one of the lowest completion percentages in the league.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Rodgers not being as accurate or good at decision making for one. He has so much time back there (due to still uncalled holding) and cant find anyone.

That and they rely on trickery and penalties more than any other offense. How many times you see Rodgers try to get that free long bomb on a 12 man on the field or offsides. And 2 weeks ago only their first WR had more yards than they had gotten from DPI.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He should have shredded that weak *allas D.
He may be on the downside......

Ambrose83

Reaction score
always said he is vastly overrated..... that is seeming to come to fruition now.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Last year I had my suspicions but this year seems to confirm Aaron is not on the level of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Even Russell seems to have surpassed Rodgers quite clearly.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He could be on the downside,usually that happens with age or injuries but not always.A pitcher in baseball can just lose it one day or a fielder cannot throw to first base ect it happens.It happens a lot in golf too,I can't see why it wouldn't happen in football too..

LolaRox

Reaction score
Aaron hasn't been living up to his hype for a long time, but the media and fans continually make excuses for him - play calling, defense, jordy, WR can't get open, blah blah blah... all of those things might play a factor but Aaron is the biggest factor. He hasn't been playing well (missing open receivers, holding the ball to long, bad mechanics, turnovers...).

Going back to his playoff games over the last few years, he hasn't been great, but each time the losses were blamed on something else letting him off the hook.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The only thing I can come up with is a simple answer of, he simply isn't as good as he used to be. I can't really come up with anything else. Five years ago he looked like one of the best QB's I've ever seen. There wasn't a throw he couldn't make. You were lucky if you could keep the Packers under 35 points at Lambeau Field.

One small thing I think Rodgers misses is a dynamic TE. He clicked really well in his early years with Jermichael Finley. GB has never found a way to replace him. I know they brought Jared Cook in this year, but he is already hurt. The way he can hit those seams down the middle of the field, an elite TE would be great in that offense.

There is no question he has slipped far in the QB ranks. I'm not even sure he is in the top 5 anymore, which sounds crazy.

NINEster

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":8fuzozvg said:
The only thing I can come up with is a simple answer of, he simply isn't as good as he used to be. I can't really come up with anything else. Five years ago he looked like one of the best QB's I've ever seen. There wasn't a throw he couldn't make. You were lucky if you could keep the Packers under 35 points at Lambeau Field.

One small thing I think Rodgers misses is a dynamic TE. He clicked really well in his early years with Jermichael Finley. GB has never found a way to replace him. I know they brought Jared Cook in this year, but he is already hurt. The way he can hit those seams down the middle of the field, an elite TE would be great in that offense.

There is no question he has slipped far in the QB ranks. I'm not even sure he is in the top 5 anymore, which sounds crazy.

Yeah, I think the first time I noticed Rodgers might be on a downward slope was when the Packers didn't blow out the 49ers last year. Even in the prime Fangio years we could only contain Rodgers, and needed points to beat him. Last year's Niners should have in theory been crushed and they weren't.

Rodgers will always get the benefit of the doubt because he's done it before many times. At some point the expectation is that he will play at a certain level, but let's not forget that for the most part Drew Brees is different from his 2009-2011 level.

Still a good QB, but not this elite guy who you have to bring a super defense and/or offense to beat.

On the flip side, you have a QB good enough to win the Super Bowl and yet from 2011 on, they only went to the NFC Championship game once.

For me I enjoy it. I respect his ability, but he's the QB for the Green Bay Packers which means I have to root against him ultimately.

Polaris

Reaction score
I think a member of species 8472 [Shapechanging Alien from Star Trek] has taken over and infiltrated Aaron Rodger's body. Unfortunately for the Green Bay Packers, for all the alien's physical gifts, the ability to play quarterback in the NFL isn't one of them.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Slick":1mloentn said:
FlyingGreg":1mloentn said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1mloentn said:
They haven't drafted well in GB for years.

This.

I hope they get better because their is only one job John Schneider would leave the Seahawks for...

Schneider signed an extension and that rumored clause is no longer in his contract.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rodgers has missed some throws he usually makes. Lacy still being fat and useless doesn't help either.

Threedee

Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels like the Packers have no rhythm on offense? Every play feels unrelated to the previous and successive play, almost as though calls are made via coin flip. This is also how I feel when they are crushing the Lions.

No other team gives me this sense on offense, to include the Browns.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":22fremi1 said:

This.

Bad O-line, mediocre receiving core with Nelson not even close to his usual health and production.......and Lacey well, looking like the usual overrated over weight Lacey he's always been.

All adds up to Rodgers not playing well and making poor decisions he used to not do. See a lot of indecision and late throws cause he's not trusting his receivers and line.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cqk6o35 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3cqk6o35 said:

This.

Bad O-line, mediocre receiving core with Nelson not even close to his usual health and production.......and Lacey well, looking like the usual overrated over weight Lacey he's always been.

All adds up to Rodgers not playing well and making poor decisions he used to not do. See a lot of indecision and late throws cause he's not trusting his receivers and line.

The OLine has actually been really good this season. One of the best in the NFL. If you watch their games, Rodgers has all day to throw. Not that PFF holds much value, but last week PFF had them ranked as the second best offensive line in the NFL. So Rodgers can't blame the line. I think it's a mix of Rodgers taking a step back, and the receiving core not being very good. I still think they really need a dynamic TE.

Osprey

Reaction score
Polaris":c44cz2he said:
I think a member of species 8472 [Shapechanging Alien from Star Trek] has taken over and infiltrated Aaron Rodger's body. Unfortunately for the Green Bay Packers, for all the alien's physical gifts, the ability to play quarterback in the NFL isn't one of them.

Did you mean to say The Founders?

Latestcb20051031112355path prefixen

64056323.jpg

I try to avoid the Herd, but while stuck in traffic today...he had a good point about Aaron always having been an ass-hat and the lack of winning is catching up to him resulting in him losing teammate buy in.

mrt144

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":cq8ue1b8 said:
Rodgers not being as accurate or good at decision making for one. He has so much time back there (due to still uncalled holding) and cant find anyone.

That and they rely on trickery and penalties more than any other offense. How many times you see Rodgers try to get that free long bomb on a 12 man on the field or offsides. And 2 weeks ago only their first WR had more yards than they had gotten from DPI.

It shows how brittle rules lawyering can be.