Atlanta Forums...

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Saying they want Seattle in the divisional round of the playoffs.

I have to say they have a quality team. With that said, for a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2012, I'd be careful and not be rash in asking for us as the dance partner.

I maintain we didn't play close to our best game on either side of the football. Combine that with fluky scores from the birds and a quarter to forget. That game easily could've gotten out of hand. Missed/blocked scores, injuries to key guys, etc.

Its fine to get passionate, and Dans building something good there for sure...but yeesh.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
They were also happy about Bennet'so injury and hoping it was season ending.

2_0_6

Reaction score
This los today will either bring them together and make them ball out, or it will send them into a 2015-esque tail spin.
Saints and Bucs are right on their heels.

They play the Chargers then the Packers at home over the next two. Rivers just might put a 40 burger up on them, and Rodgers might be a little pissed off. They could be 4-4 in 2 weeks. :2thumbs:

NINEster

Reaction score
They are right in wishing a rematch if they can get it at home.

Just means they'll need to finish overall record better than Seahawks and its possible.

If not, then more than likely you will see the same result.

OP
OP
tmobilchawker79

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Even in their house, I think Seattle wins 7 of 10.

Look, I get it, the Denver win has them feeling like "this is their year". I just don't see it. The defense is suspect, not much of a running game against Seattle, and so they have to make big plays in the passing game to have any chance. That doesn't translate in the playoffs unless I'm sorely mistaken.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
They will have to play 4 qtrs, not 1.
They will have to go hurry up offense for 4 qtrs, not 1.

If they go hurry up, it should mean, more opps for the Hawks offense and if that's the case, the Hawks Offense has to make them pay for their ways..

gowazzu02

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":l57j0y7p said:

I have to say they have a quality team. With that said, for a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2012, I'd be careful and not be rash in asking for us as the dance partner.

I maintain we didn't play close to our best game on either side of the football. Combine that with fluky scores from the birds and a quarter to forget. That game easily could've gotten out of hand. Missed/blocked scores, injuries to key guys, etc.

Its fine to get passionate, and Dans building something good there for sure...but yeesh.

The old saying be careful what you wish for......They got us without Kam, Clark and MB for a half. And we put it on them for 3 of the 4 quarters. I will give them credit for the 3rd qtr though, they made some good adjustments, their two tds were on blown coverages though. Interested to see how those drives end without the big plays, cause they were converting.

But in the first half, we damn near killed Matt Ryan. Like a few times I can't believe he got up. We had to have hit him 10-15 times in the first half alone.

Matty Ice's gonna need some ice today....

byau

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1frys49f said:
Even in their house, I think Seattle wins 7 of 10.

Look, I get it, the Denver win has them feeling like "this is their year". I just don't see it. The defense is suspect, not much of a running game against Seattle, and so they have to make big plays in the passing game to have any chance. That doesn't translate in the playoffs unless I'm sorely mistaken.

Before this past Sunday I re-watched the last two Atlanta games (Broncos, Panthers) and I really thought I was watching the 2012 and 2013 Seahawks. The Falcons this year play HARD and play FAST. I see it as a natural progression of Coach Quinn and his second year. And they're only going to get better. Also Coach Shanahan working better with Matt Ryan. Plus the offensive weapons.

Won't be surprised by a playoff run by them mirroring the Seahawks from a few years back.

And it would be a great story for a rematch to happen.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Bring it on.

We've got a whole quarter of tape now to work out their wrinkle so it can be four quarters of domination instead of three.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":ih88a34s said:

I don't know if they ever get as fortuitous a 2nd half as they did versus us. Three touchdowns on blown coverages against the Legion of Boom, a missed FG, a blocked XP, Michael Bennett out with injury, and us dropping passes all over the place...that was a niiiice quarter for them.