Rams injure Lion during kneel down play

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Dirtiest team in the NFL. Gregg Williams should not be allowed to coach.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I mentioned them trying to start a fight in victory formation, in the game thread. Had no idea anybody got hurt.

So typical of their style/mind set.

IMHO this is not a player problem, it's a leadership problem.

I'm a big fan of "chippy" play but there is a time and place for it.
The way I see things,
Victory formation ain't the time or place.

253hawk

Reaction score
And Fisher tried to blame it on the players. Good lord can this POS just be banned from the league already? Every game his defense pulls this crap, and he just walks around on the sideline without a care in the world.

RedAlice

Reaction score
253hawk":lf3ekeey said:
And Fisher tried to blame it on the players. Good lord can this POS just be banned from the league already? Every game his defense pulls this crap, and he just walks around on the sideline without a care in the world.

Well, he blamed the Bills loss on me, as a fan in the LA Coliseum. You can imagine my words here, since this is not the shack.

btw, I will take this post to admit how insane of a yelling fan I am and proud of it. During the Bucs game, I had to go to a bar to watch the game. Two things.

1. I'm immediately recognized by the owner as the "Rams fan" and where have I been? I explain season tickets, etc. I get a free drink, and he seats me next to some Rams fans.

2. The Rams fans are also season ticket holders! yay! oh, then.....I'm seated at the bar by the only other Rams fans in the entire bar. They happen to have season tickets in my section. They go: We know who you are. No one in our section doesn't know who you are. You are the loudest.

I'm like all famous and stuff for my little section. Well, mostly i'm now famous for being obnoxious and making everyone stand up and YELL!!!!!

ok, this amused me.

Polaris

Reaction score
253hawk":2212eqnb said:

Fisher has gone full Schiano.

Never go full Schiano.

Largent80

Reaction score
RedAlice":2zw5cpf3 said:
253hawk":2zw5cpf3 said:

Well, he blamed the Bills loss on me, as a fan in the LA Coliseum. You can imagine my words here, since this is not the shack.

btw, I will take this post to admit how insane of a yelling fan I am and proud of it. During the Bucs game, I had to go to a bar to watch the game. Two things.

1. I'm immediately recognized by the owner as the "Rams fan" and where have I been? I explain season tickets, etc. I get a free drink, and he seats me next to some Rams fans.

2. The Rams fans are also season ticket holders! yay! oh, then.....I'm seated at the bar by the only other Rams fans in the entire bar. They happen to have season tickets in my section. They go: We know who you are. No one in our section doesn't know who you are. You are the loudest.

I'm like all famous and stuff for my little section. Well, mostly i'm now famous for being obnoxious and making everyone stand up and YELL!!!!!

ok, this amused me.

I'll bet you play a mean game of Back-Rammin'.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":1dy6llgn said:
253hawk":1dy6llgn said:

ok, this amused me.
You'd fit in well as a 12 at the Clink if only..You would just dump the Rams!

Largent80

Reaction score
I think a team should be able to crash the line like that during a "kill the clock" formation. There is always a chance of a fumble, and it is a play in an NFL game.

Until they make yet another rule change to say otherwise, this is and should be legal for every team.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
No problems with the Rams - still a minute left and only a 3 point game, you keep playing for the win. 'Victory formation' is just another play to the officials and you can still hit people.

Largent80

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":1h06ky4d said:
No problems with the Rams - still a minute left and only a 3 point game, you keep playing for the win. 'Victory formation' is just another play to the officials and you can still hit people.

So, when The Hawks are kneeling to end the Cardinal Carnage this Sunday, you are ok with the losers (the Cardinals) trying to hurt someone?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":2kzfnf1h said:

There's a difference between aggressively hitting the line and diving at the center's knees when he's not bracing for it.

This was a dirty play, plain and simple. It was so dirty Stafford almost got hurt as well.

Is it legal? Sure.......but ask Greg Schiano who did this same thing in Tampa if it helped him get hired again in the NFL? Same is going to be the case for both Fisher and Williams, who have a LONG history of teaching their players to play dirty. Fake tough guys is the worst.......and that's what the Ram's preach.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ki8ilte said:
b8rtm8nn":1ki8ilte said:

There's a difference between aggressively hitting the line and diving at the center's knees when he's not bracing for it.

This was a dirty play, plain and simple. It was so dirty Stafford almost got hurt as well.

Is it legal? Sure.......but ask Greg Schiano who did this same thing in Tampa if it helped him get hired again in the NFL? Same is going to be the case for both Fisher and Williams, who have a LONG history of teaching their players to play dirty. Fake tough guys is the worst.......and that's what the Ram's preach.

Sorry, I stand corrected - I don't condone dirty play, I do think if you have a shot at getting the ball, you play to get the turnover. 3 point difference, over a minute left, close to mid-field - not unrealistic. Rams get a turnover, they have a solid change of a field goal and OT.

No flags were thrown, and I'm pretty sure the Seahawks didn't allow the Patriots to take their victory formation at the end of SB49 without a fight.

Schiano was down by 7 points with 4 seconds left - not the same situation in my opinion, but he was free to coach that was as long as it was legal.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I thought of the Super Bowl too when reading this bit I don't think diving at the OL's legs is designed to get the ball back. I think it is designed to hurt.

Now, all of that said I will say that QBs invite aggressive play from the defense when they slow roll their kneel downs.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":29rlrd4d said:
253hawk":29rlrd4d said:

ok, this amused me.

I thought it was because everyone's attention is on you when your jumping up and down and they were interested in how gravity worked.