NFL Re-Opens Josh Brown Investigation/Giants Cut Him

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724307/article/nfl-reopening-investigation-into-josh-brown-in-light-of-new-docs[/urltargetblank]

The NFL is re-opening its investigation into Giants kicker Josh Brown in light of the release of additional documents regarding Brown's May 2015 domestic violence arrest.

NFL.com obtained 165 pages of documents from the King County (Washington) Sheriff Office on Wednesday regarding Brown's 2015 arrest.

Within the documents provided by the King County Sheriff's Office is a signed document in which Brown admitted to physically, verbally and emotionally abusing his then-wife. The documents also included alleged email correspondence and journal entries from Brown

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Brown issued a statement...

"I am sorry that my past has called into question the character or integrity of The New York Giants, Mr. Mara or any of those who have supported me along the way," Brown wrote in a statement issued to ESPN. "I have taken measures to get help so that I may be the voice of change, not a statistic. It is important to share that I never struck my wife, and never would. Abuse takes many forms, and is not a gray area. Through the past several years I have worked to identify and rectify my own behaviors. The road to rehabilitation is a journey and a constant modification of a way of life. My journey will continue forever as a person determined to leave a positive legacy and I embrace the opportunities to show and speak about what has helped me to be that man. In the interim, I am cooperating with the Giants and the NFL. Thank you to everyone that has supported me, I will not let you down."

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000727842/article/josh-brown-releases-statement-apologizing[/urltargetblank]

I'm not sure how he can say here that he never (nor would he ever) struck his wife, yet the police report has him admitting to abusing his wife verbally, physically and emotionally. Something doesn't quite add up for him here.

I do hope he gets the help he needs, but the 1st step in that is being completely honest and forthright about the issue. I'm not sure he is doing that.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Giants officially Cut ties with Brown today

"We believed we did the right thing at every juncture in our relationship with Josh," said Mara. "Our beliefs, our judgments and our decisions were misguided. We accept that responsibility.

"We hope that Josh will continue to dedicate himself to rehabilitation, and to becoming a better person and father. We will continue to support him in his efforts to continue counseling, and we hope that Josh and his family can find peace and a positive resolution.

"We have great respect and feel strongly about our support for the good people who work tirelessly and unconditionally to aid the victims of domestic violence and who bring awareness to the issue. We have been partners with My Sisters' Place (a domestic violence shelter and advocate based in Westchester, New York) for nearly 20 years. The leadership of that organization has provided invaluable insight as we have considered our decisions in this matter. We value and respect their opinion, and we look forward to continuing to work with them in the future."

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000727860/article/kicker-josh-brown-released-by-new-york-giants[/urltargetblank]