Tennessee vs. Jacksonville

kidhawk

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, TNF has, for the most part, used the night to pit divisional opponents against each other and get most teams at least one night on the national stage, while simultaneously allowing ESPN and NBC to attempt to select supposedly better match ups for their prime time games.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Yeah, you wonder why ratings are down? Matchups like this on prime time. Seems like at least 75% of prime time matchups are bad teams or a bad team against a mediocre team. :pukeface:

Jville

Reaction score
Big game for Jacksonville

What does Jaguars owner's meeting with team mean? >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000728543/article/what-does-jaguars-owners-meeting-with-team-mean[/urltargetblank]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":45ha9us0 said:
Yeah, you wonder why ratings are down? Matchups like this on prime time. Seems like at least 75% of prime time matchups are bad teams or a bad team against a mediocre team. :pukeface:

This is why the mandate of having EVERY team get one TNF game is so stupid and leads to awful games.

TNF in itself is a terrible product because football isn't a sport that should be played on a short week.. the lone exception with Thursday NFL games should be the season opener and Thanksgiving.. aside from that this whole experiment is awful.

And I'm sorry but fans of the Browns, Jags, Titans, etc .. they should all understand their teams are not worth putting on national TV. Flex scheduling was installed in the event one of these teams became really good or as a means to get away from a bad SNF game. Really wish they'd implement flex scheduling for MNF too and abolished TNF entirely.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This game will probably end in a 2-2 tie. Yeah, two safeties.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
What a shit-show. Two no-talent teams slugging it out like a couple of way-too-far-past-their-prime mud wrestlers on a late, late Sunday night in a Nevada dive bar.

And those colors! I can only imagine the conversation:

"It's Thursday night, boss, so we have to put on a good show. What uniforms should we wear?"

"How about 'used baby food'?"

"You got it, boss!"

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Gave up on Thurs night games..they suck and should be banned. No player likes them and the effort usually reflects that. They gotta ditch the color rush crap too.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Gus Bradley deserves to be fired, and I like the guy. Every Jags game I watch they come out with no energy and fall behind early. Weren't they down by like 20 in the first quarter in SD earlier this year?

Jags OC Olson is awful. Zero rhythm to that offense, and he isn't helping Bortles at all.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":lby00l8q said:
What a shit-show. Two no-talent teams slugging it out like a couple of way-too-far-past-their-prime mud wrestlers on a late, late Sunday night in a Nevada dive bar.

And those colors! I can only imagine the conversation:

"It's Thursday night, boss, so we have to put on a good show. What uniforms should we wear?"

"How about 'used baby food'?"

"You got it, boss!"

Don't forget '1972 Pinto robin's-egg blue'. I took my driver's license test in that car, and it was that exact color as the Tits. I mean, Titans...

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
I want to root for Gus, but I found this from a couple weeks ago:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...after-when-does-gus-bradley-start-rebuilding/

Do you know how bad a 12-38 record is? There have been 170 coaches in NFL history who coached at least 50 games, and Bradley’s winning percentage ranks 169th out of those 170. The only coach with a worse record was Bert Bell, who coached the Philadelphia Eagles from 1936 to 1941. And the only reason Bell wasn’t fired is that Bell was also the Eagles’ owner.

At least he's gone 2-2 since then. Maybe he's a slightly worse version of Wade Phillips. Or the defensive equivalent of Norv Turner.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
LOL that series of events was hilariously bad for the Jags.

Yeldon catches a screen pass that could easily go for 10+ yards, instead he slips and rather than getting back up to run, he just lays on the ground for a two yard gain. Even if he got back up to run he could have gotten a few more yards.

Then Bortles and Robinson aren't on the same page, Bortles throws a back shoulder whereas Robinson never even turns back for the ball.

Then on the punt the Jags defender runs into the punt returner.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That will get called back as he stepped out of bounds, but that tackling was embarrassing. Gus Bradley needs to either bench some guys or light a fire under them. This team looks soooo uninspired.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
If you have to light a fire under players in week 8, you have already lost the team.

Rat

Reaction score
I thought the Jags would be rewarded for being patient with Gus. I can't really defend him anymore. They have too much talent to be this bad.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wow. Follow this logic:

Referees made the wrong call on the field.

By rule, it has to be reviewed by the officials, not requested by a team.

Call on the field is reversed.

By rule, team has to spend a timeout or suffer a 10-second runoff on the clock because the play was reviewed.

Ergo: "We messed up, and by rule, we have to bone you because of it." No wonder the NFL's ratings are suffering.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1gorwt5b said:
Wow. Follow this logic:

Referees made the wrong call on the field.

By rule, it has to be reviewed by the officials, not requested by a team.

Call on the field is reversed.

By rule, team has to spend a timeout or suffer a 10-second runoff on the clock because the play was reviewed.

Ergo: "We messed up, and by rule, we have to bone you because of it." No wonder the NFL's ratings are suffering.

Yeah that seems like a garbage rule.