So If (when) Gus Bradley gets fired

Rat

Reaction score
No, we don't need to undermine Richard like that. Bradley could probably get a DC job somewhere, or maybe a college head coach.

davidonmi

Reaction score
he'd be best served as a college head coach. Seems better served in that role imo

Maulbert

Reaction score
pmedic920":2obscd2b said:
Hawkstorian":2obscd2b said:
There is no if only when. Over/Under is measured in hours.

Agree.
Won't surprise me if it happens in the AM, following the TNF they are playing now.

Nah. Shad Khan guaranteed Bradley would get the rest of the year. He doesn't want to be a knee-jerk owner. Bradley will be fired in January.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pass. I'm good with the considerably reduced 4th quarter soft zone coverages to let opposing offenses back in the game we've had for a couple of years now, thanks.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hell no. Bradley is a great interview but a poor coach. He benefited from playing in Pete's system and has failed outside of it.

Anyone remember his all day interview with Jim Mora? Then he stunk it up as Jim's DC.

Never should have had a shot with Carroll who had already recruited Quinn to be our DC his first year in Seattle but again the charisma laden salesman won over Pete and even in spite of a horrific defensive performance under Mora and Pete already having his guy, Pete fell for the sells pitch.

He once again sold himself to win a head coaching job and has gotten way more chances than most would given his performance in said capacity.

The man has been exposed and will very likely have continued failures unless he finds himself another Pete Carroll to hold his hand. Don't get me wrong, he will have plenty more chances because of his interviewing skills but I seriously doubt he will have success at the NFL level.

Let him go to college. I think he may be good there with his recruiting skills.

kobebryant

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1zkyn6wm said:
Never should have had a shot with Carroll who had already recruited Quinn to be our DC his first year in Seattle

What do you mean by "already recruited Quinn" ? Pete inherited DQ, who was a Mora hire in 2009.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
kobebryant":21q534as said:
RichNhansom":21q534as said:
Never should have had a shot with Carroll who had already recruited Quinn to be our DC his first year in Seattle

What do you mean by "already recruited Quinn" ? Pete inherited DQ, who was a Mora hire in 2009.

I know he inherated Bradley. I didn't think Quinn was part of our coaching tree.

Looking it up you are correct. He joined the team in 2009.

My memory is that Pete's first choice was Dan but Bradley out interviewed him. Quinn left shortly after to be a college coach and came back for the DC job after Bradley was promoted.

Doesn't change my opinion of Bradley's coaching ability. I doubt either would be head coaches if not for working on Carroll's system.

I do think Quinn is the better coach though.

kobebryant

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1fo2nlor said:
kobebryant":1fo2nlor said:
RichNhansom":1fo2nlor said:

I know he inherated Bradley. I didn't think Quinn was part of our coaching tree.

Looking it up you are correct. He joined the team in 2009.

My memory is that Pete's first choice was Dan but Bradley out interviewed him. Quinn left shortly after to be a college coach and came back for the DC job after Bradley was promoted.

Doesn't change my opinion of Bradley's coaching ability. I doubt either would be head coaches if not for working on Carroll's system.

I do think Quinn is the better coach though.

I agree, I think Quinn is the significantly better coach. He very well may have wanted DQ right then as his DC, but also didn't want to lose Gus, so kept those two in their respective jobs at the time.

While DQ did get a significantly better job in Atl than Gus did in Jax, over time DQ will prove to be one of the best HC's in the league. Gus's best fit could very well be in college, perhaps starting as a DC at a bigtime program or HC at a mid-tier - having Pete, Monty, Gruden, and Schneider in his corner are references that carry a lot of weight.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
No thanks. I honestly didn't care much for Bradley, but would love to get Quinn back, although that won't happen. I remember so many 3rd & long situations I'd dread because I knew Bradley would put the defense in zone and the opposing team would constantly convert in those situations (anything between 7-15 yards to convert). Was one of the most frustrating things for me personally, second maybe only to when Hass would feel some pressure and just loft up jump ball passes. I'd much rather see what continues to develop with Richard, but maybe that's just me....

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":3g2ratxy said:
Gus should have stayed home. Would have a ring, instead he decided to go fail miserably.
I don't think we get a ring with Bradley as our DC. Quinn was the difference in our D big time. Even Richard is better than Bradley.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":3o4iftf2 said:
Gus should have stayed home. Would have a ring, instead he decided to go fail miserably.

:ditto:

It really seemed like he jumped at the first chance to get a coaching gig. If he even would have waiting another season, I'm sure he would have had even more opportunities.

Could it be that he thought his success was a fluke and needed to capitalize ASAP?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The OC Greg Olson has been fired. Looks like Bradley may be safe for now.