The Best Young QB In The League Right Now

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
....Derek Carr. He just broke the Raiders franchise record for passing yards in a game with 513 yards. IMO he is an MVP candidate and owns a stat line of 65% completion percentage, 1,808 yards, 13 TD's, and 3 INT's. Most importantly, he has the Raiders at 5-2.

Up until this year, the debate between the best young QB's has always been between Russell, Cam and Luck. I think it's time to put Derek Carr in that conversation. I personally don't think he is quite on the level of Cam and Russell, but he sure is closing the gap.

NINEster

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":kzmd3w61 said:
....Derek Carr. He just broke the Raiders franchise record for passing yards in a game with 513 yards. IMO he is an MVP candidate and owns a stat line of 65% completion percentage, 1,808 yards, 13 TD's, and 3 INT's. Most importantly, he has the Raiders at 5-2.

Up until this year, the debate between the best young QB's has always been between Russell, Cam and Luck. I think it's time to put Derek Carr in that conversation. I personally don't think he is quite on the level of Cam and Russell, but he sure is closing the gap.

He's already better than both of them.

I had to swallow the pill a few years ago when he was a rookie.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I think he's the best young QB if only because "young QB" to me signals first contract.

Wilson, Cam, and Luck still have long careers ahead of them and they're far from old, but they transitioned to the low end of mid-career when they re-uppped their deals IMO.

Basically young == first deal, mid career == second deal, older == 3+ deals

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1fem6er2 said:

He committed 23 penalties yestarday. He sucks. :sarcasm_off:

Ozzy

Reaction score
NINEster":115rskxh said:
Hawk-Lock":115rskxh said:

He's already better than both of them.

I had to swallow the pill a few years ago when he was a rookie.

Carr is better than Wilson? lol ok. I LOVE Carr for the record that with what Wilson has done that's ridiculous. Heck saying he's better than Cam is ridiculous. Wouldn't shock me at all if Carr joins these two but he needs a couple more years, some playoff success and just time before he's in that mix.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I still laugh that the Texans passed on him twice because of his last name. Bet they wish they had that one back.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't go as far as saying Carr is better than Wilson or Cam. Wilson has a SB ring and a history of success in the league. Cam has been to a SB. While Carr has been really good this season, he doesn't have the track record of RW or Cam.

But no doubt in my mind, Carr will be a top 10 QB for the next 10 years in the league. But a lot of his success is due to the Raiders building a great offense. They invested a lot of money in that OLine and is has shown. Getting him Amari Cooper and Crabtree has helped a lot too.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Carr and he's an exciting young player but to put him above Wilson,Cam and a few others is crazy talk. He may work his way up there and join those guys but I'll need a couple of years at least before I'm willing to go there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2ax2f6vd said:
I think he's the best young QB if only because "young QB" to me signals first contract.

Wilson, Cam, and Luck still have long careers ahead of them and they're far from old, but they transitioned to the low end of mid-career when they re-uppped their deals IMO.

Basically young == first deal, mid career == second deal, older == 3+ deals

I'd agree with this.

Think about it: how many guys on their second contract would you hear "but he's still a young guy and learning...give him time." You don't hear it. Look at Tannehill, that's a perfect example.