Honey Badger out 3-6 weeks with shoulder injury

2_0_6

Reaction score
He is one of my favorite Non-Seahawks playing right now, but this guy cannot catch a break.

G17KQA1

RedAlice

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3vhd514c said:
Cards are in serious trouble... they are about cooked.

It's not quite 2011 bad, but I think 9 or 10 wins takes the NFC West this year.

Is this the thread for Hawk fans loving on a division rival's problems?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":3gb67uqx said:
The_Z_Man":3gb67uqx said:

No that's the Rams thread.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":1gs40e3u said:
The_Z_Man":1gs40e3u said:

We got lots of our own problems..It does help a little to see we are not the only ones

homerun1970

Reaction score
I think he may be like Lofa he plays large and doesn't really have the frame to handle the punishment. He's alot of fun to watch hope his career isn't shortened.

Fade

Reaction score
What I find interesting about this is they payed a nickel corner $12M APY under the guise of him being a versatile DB. He isn't. He is a Nickel Corner. An injury prone Nickel Corner. The Cards massively overpaid, and other teams are going to suffer the consequences, including the Seahawks if they want to keep Earl & Kam.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
A nickel corner would be coming off the field when the defense isn't in nickel and dime packages, so no, he's not a nickel corner.

He might be the best player in the game (when healthy) at a hybrid position we don't quite have a standard name for yet, but to dismiss him as a nickel corner is ludicrous.

We can refer to his position as a couple different things, but just as short hand lets go with MIPOD: Most Important Player on (that) Defense.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Popeyejones":39rkv0g4 said:
A nickel corner would be coming off the field when the defense isn't in nickel and dime packages, so no, he's not a nickel corner.

He might be the best player in the game (when healthy) at a hybrid position we don't quite have a standard name for yet, but to dismiss him as a nickel corner is ludicrous.

We can refer to his position as a couple different things, but just as short hand lets go with MIPOD: Most Important Player on (that) Defense.

He plays atound 75% of his snaps at nickle corner. He is a nickle corner.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Let's see how long he is out first, his shoulder popped out of the socket - depending on the amount of tearing in his tendons, he could be out only 3 weeks - which would have him miss one or two games. There is a cost for playing relentlessly, I wish his aggression would spill into Peterson.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2ysr8zkp said:
He is one of my favorite Non-Seahawks playing right now, but this guy cannot catch a break.

G17KQA1

This must be huge news...I mean look at the size of that font.

Fade

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2zn9agoh said:

He is a nickle corner bruh. Watch the games. When they put him at other positions he is underwhelming.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
John Clayton calls him the best player on that defense. I think I'll go with his assessment. He means more to that defense than Jeremy Lane does to ours...more like the Earl of that defense.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
People are confusing "nickle cornerback" with "slot cornerback."

A nickle CB is a fifth DB who enters the game in nickle packages.

He can play outside or in the slot (example: when healthy Jimmie Ward plays outside in base and in the slot in nickle, He therefore is not the 49ers "nickle cb" -- Rashard Robinson is the nickle CB even though when he comes in on nickle downs he plays on the outside).

Put another way, unless TM is entering the game for nickle packages by definition he is not the Cardinals' nickle CB, regardless of if he lines up in the slot or not.

It's also kinda bizarre to refer to TM as the Cardinals' nickle CB because in their hybrid scheme they're regularly rolling out there with seven DBs, not five (five == "nickle").

Likewise, when they're rolling out there for short yardage in a 7-3-1 TM is playing OLB or (more regularly) the single safety, and if they're in 5-4-2 short yardage he's playing WLB or outside CB.

If you think that of all the positions he lines up in he's best in the slot that's fine, but it's not on the topic. If you want to argue he spends most of his time in the slot or in a "dummy slot" role that's also fine, but it still doesn't make him the Cardinals' nickle CB.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I think the topic was more about his contribution to the defense and his injury being a big deal.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1ycecncn said:
I think the topic was more about his contribution to the defense and his injury being a big deal.

Oh yeah, it is.

The sidebar is over Fade dismissing his contribution to the defense by calling him a nickle corner