Which offense is worse...Seahawks or Vikings?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
IDK if you guys are watching this vikings game tonight but I swear to god watching both of these offenses make me want to GOUGE my eyes out

MrThortan

Reaction score
It's almost like watching the same team but the uniforms have changed.

OP
OP
WilsonMVP

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":qkm0jkln said:
1st and goal from the 3, and Vikes couldn't get it across. Looks familiar, or maybe worse.

Worse..at least Michael can score..Asiata is good for 1 yard like every run

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Seahawks and Vikings share everything else, might as well also share the sh**ty offensive lines and questionable play calling too.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The similarities between these two teams is scary. But the good thing is that we know we are better than this, I think this is who the Vikes are. They will never be a great offensive team. Once we can get RW healthy, I expect us to start playing better on offense.

2_0_6

Reaction score
The Vikings even traded away their 1st round pick next year..

We are similar :irishdrinkers:

Ozzy

Reaction score
But we can get healthy, Wilson is much better than Bradford and our skill position guys are better. We will turn this this around. I don't see Minnesota doing that.

Polk738

Reaction score
We are much better than the Vikes offensively in the long run, even if Bridgewater WAS healthy, Russ is leaps and bounds better than him, they may have AP but he is definitely on the edge of his career, I'll honestly be surprised if he lasts another season. Baldwin, Lockett and Graham also have far more upside than most of thier recievers except maybe for Diggs who I think is a very good wideout-I'll call the OLs even at this point-either one of them could go either way at this point in the season.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Watching Bradford look like Bradford: warmed my little jaded heart.

I am so happy that man is no longer my QB. NEVER NEVER NEVER again do I have to see THAT confused face when we lose.

Yay.

Fade

Reaction score
This is why I said Bradford was false hope. He would allow the Vikes to win a few more games in the regular season, but come playoff time they would lose. So in the end they flushed a 1st rd pick, and cap space down the toilet.

More cap space, plus drafting higher in the draft would of made for a stronger team in 2017, but now Minny has to accept just being good (playoff caliber), not great (championship caliber).

Interestingly I did an avg age between the Seahawks D & the Vikings D. Going with each teams Nickel units + the starting NT. So 12 players total. And it came out 319 yrs to 322 yrs. The D's are essentially the same age which surprised me, as I was expecting the Vikings to be significantly younger.

So long story short, the Vikings Super Bowl window is closed for the next 3 yrs. By the time they get Bridgewater heallthy, build an O-Line, find AP's replacement. The D will be long in the tooth. And they have no 1st rd pick, lose another conditional pick, and have less cap space to do it. This is basically why I didn't like the Bradford trade in the 1st place.

Compared to Seattle. Find a LT, get Wilson healthy = Super Bowl contender. That could be done easily in 1 off-season. Really it could be done right now at the trading deadline.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Fade":1zuesrff said:
This is why I said Bradford was false hope. He would allow the Vikes to win a few more games in the regular season, but come playoff time they would lose. So in the end they flushed a 1st rd pick, and cap space down the toilet.

More cap space, plus drafting higher in the draft would of made for a stronger team in 2017, but now Minny has to accept just being good (playoff caliber), not great (championship caliber).

Interestingly I did an avg age between the Seahawks D & the Vikings D. Going with each teams Nickel units + the starting NT. So 12 players total. And it came out 319 yrs to 322 yrs. The D's are essentially the same age which surprised me, as I was expecting the Vikings to be significantly younger.

So long story short, the Vikings Super Bowl window is closed for the next 3 yrs. By the time they get Bridgewater heallthy, build an O-Line, find AP's replacement. The D will be long in the tooth. And they have no 1st rd pick, lose another conditional pick, and have less cap space to do it. This is basically why I didn't like the Bradford trade in the 1st place.

Compared to Seattle. Find a LT, get Wilson healthy = Super Bowl contender. That could be done easily in 1 off-season. Really it could be done right now at the trading deadline.

We still need a real RB.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Both offenses have the same problem, and it's not related to Wilson or Bradford or Darrell Bevell or Norv Turner.

Terrible offensive tackles and no running game. Simple as that.

Fade

Reaction score
Wilson is the Seahawks run game. At least the threat of him running anyway. Teams had to allocate an extra defender to Wilson, thus giving the offense a numbers advantage. The offense has leaned on this fact for years now, and is struggling without it. When Wilson gets healthy again the running game, like magic, will be good again.

Thomas Rawls also will be returning to the lineup in the near future. So there is hope yet.

LT is a problem still, and Fant has to get really good, really quick.

The Vikings are in a much worse position, they don't have a magician QB that has succeeded many times despite horrible O-Line play.

It may look even now, but that is because Wilson is gimpy. A mobile Wilson tilts the field quite handily in Seattle's favor.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
True, the threat of read-option (and Wilson's own rushing numbers) hid deficiencies in our OL in the past. The question is, will his mobility return this season without an extended rehab period? Admittedly, there is at least a glimmer of hope, and I'm optimistic about Rawls as well. Certainly, I don't expect the Vikings to do much offensively this season, unless and until Peterson returns.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Easily the Vikings. Once RW gets healthy, we will be more dynamic on offense. Nothing can make Bradford "dynamic."

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Fade":359nqqqe said:

Terrance Newman's age by itself pushes that average up quite a bit.

Fade

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2z9ihx4w said:
Fade":2z9ihx4w said:

Terrance Newman's age by itself pushes that average up quite a bit.

I should of showed my work. I didn't use Terrance Newman.

Ages via pro-football reference.

30 Cliff Avril
31 Michael Bennett
23 Frank Clark
24 Cassius Marsh

26 Bobby Wagner
27 K.J. Wright
28 Kam Chancellor

28 Richard Sherman
28 DeShawn Shead
26 Jeremy Lane
27 Earl Thomas