RedZone

Keyhawk

Reaction score
On NFL Radio today, Pat Kirwan suggested that the NFL could very well bring commercials to RedZone. He basically says the NFL will be looking for new revenue streams in the wake of falling ratings. He compared it to the early days of cable when apparently cable TV was supposed to be commercial free.

I don't see it. I cant see the NFL charging us to see RedZone and making us watch commercials on top of it. Also, commercials would ruin the concept of the show...a nice fluid run of football coverage for 7 hours.

kidhawk

Reaction score
advertising takes many forms. I could definitely see the NFL using product placement advertising and sponsored segments as a way to increase advertising dollars in that type of format.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Put commercials on RedZone and I won't use them. The whole point of RZ is zero commercials and you basically see every TD. If they do have commercials, they'll have to get rid of that phrase about "you'll see every touchdown on Sunday!"

chris98251

Reaction score
Typical corporate response to a problem, don't fix the problem, piss off the customers left by raising rates, commercials, less service.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":8qsv3shd said:
Typical corporate response to a problem, don't fix the problem, piss off the customers left by raising rates, commercials, less service.

I see you are still on your happy pills. Keep them up. :mrgreen:

Your point above....spot on.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RedZone was commercial free because the NFL was using it as bait to 1) get cable providers to include NFL Network on the slate of channels included and 2) leverage higher subscription fees from cable networks/dish for inclusion of NFL network.

Anybody who was hoping that for all time moving forward the NFL would be providing an entirely free (no subscription, no advertising) direct competitor to its paid programming (through advertising or subscription) has been entirely fooling themselves.

I mean, c'mon. :lol: