Rogers - GB

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Why does it always appear that Aaron Rogers throws off his back foot? Or off balance?

This guy is so gifted, yet his technique looks really poor to my untrained eye.

He seems to have a bunch of time in the pocket yet doesn't set his feet.

Anyone more qualified have a thought in this?

Rob12

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing. Mechanics looked all messed up but maybe this is always how he has thrown. It's just magnified because he doesn't look like himself at all. GB looks like a very beatable team, even in Lambeau.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, mechanics were the knock on him coming out of college, and were the reason he fell a bit in the draft. He spent a few seasons working on his mechanics before getting put in to the starting lineup. Sounds like he may be regressing a bit this season.

2_0_6

Reaction score
For a guy who crow hops when throwing a football, he sure is damn good at it

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Rodgers YPA has dropped to around 6.5 in 2015/2016, from around 8.5 in 2013/2014.

He's still good, but he hasn't been the same QB as he was.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He's always thrown that way, even in college.

The problem is QB's like Rodgers that have poor mechanics and rely on arm strength get old and start losing the arm strength..........and you get what we're seeing from Rodgers, less accuracy and more inconsistency.

I'm not jumping off the Rodgers is one of the best QB's in the league just yet. I still see plenty of arm strength and playmaking ability. I just see a Packer's offense that doesn't have the healthy compliment of weapons that they normally have had under Rodgers. Nelson isn't all the way back yet, TE's are average at best and ZERO run game to help balance it out.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Funny, the same thing was said about Stafford.

Stafford cleans his mechanics up this year, notice he looks better.

I think it's the same thing with Rodgers. Also, both have the reputation as being uncoachable.