Playoff Predictions From Here On Out?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Now that we've seen how things have shaken out a bit, what are your playoff predictions? Some of the divisions seem set in stone, others are up for grabs.

NFC West: Seattle
NFC North: Lions
NFC South: Atlanta
NFC East: Cowboys
Wild Cards: Panthers, Giants

AFC West: Chiefs
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Titans
AFC East: Patriots
AFC Wildcards: Raiders, Broncos

I'll go ahead and say AFC West gets three teams in. Easily the best division in football this year. NFC North is so hard to predict, I think the Lions are flying under the radar. As good as GB can be, they have some serious limitations. Not sure if either GB or Minnesota can overcome the injuries they've sustained this year. At some point, you have to pay for injuries. I got a hunch the Panthers get hot and make a run, they've looked really good lately. In the past, they've been a second half of the season team. AFC South I took a shot in the dark with the Titans.

Other than the AFC East, NFC West, and NFC East we should have some great divisional races in the second half of this season.

drdiags

Reaction score
NFC West is still up for grabs. I would survey the landscape after next SNF game against the Pats. A win tonight will help. That miss in Arizona was looking a gift horse in the mouth, whatever that means. Cards seem due to get hot just as you say the Panthers are.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
drdiags":x79um37u said:
NFC West is still up for grabs. I would survey the landscape after next SNF game against the Pats. A win tonight will help. That miss in Arizona was looking a gift horse in the mouth, whatever that means. Cards seem due to get hot just as you say the Panthers are.

You are probably right about the NFC West. Good chance we lose next week and since AZ plays SF, you can just give them the win.

drdiags

Reaction score
The win tonight, nail-biter that it was, helps quite a bit for the Seahawks. Tough seeing them winning on the road next week with no running game but having a 2 game cushion helps them to keep the control in their hands. The team needs a running game bad. Our defense is hurting and getting gassed.

Anyway, the AFC West is pretty competitve. Not sure what to think of the AFC North, Bengals are not getting it done, Steelers need to get Ben right and Ravens are a mystery to me. It is a toss-up there. AFC South is another black hole and tough to gauge but I will go with the Titans as well from what I have seen. AFC East looks to be all Patriots but the Bills showed me something tonight. They have a good offense but their defense was hurting and unable to totally stop the anemic offense that is the Seattle Seahawks. Still they are solid. Need to pick up some wins though.

NFC North is a crapshoot. Packers are off, Vikings have no offense, like the Seahawks and Detroit seem to be snakebit in some ways. I do like them though but think Packers or Vikes win the division. NFC East has a strong front-runner in the Cowboys. What they decide to do when Romo is healthy will be crucial for their bid to go to the Bowl. NY Giants are a mystery but keep an eye on them. NFC South should be the Falcons, they are playing well and had a couple games that could have broke their way to make them at the same level as the Cowboys. Saints and Panthers are waking up, they can still spoil or eek in.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
NFC East: Cowboys, Redskins
NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: Seahawks
NFC North: Lions, Vikings

AFC East: Patriots
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos
AFC North: Ravens

The AFC south is incredibly open because there is simply no really good team. Both north divisions seem filled with mediocrity as this point as well.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
AFC
1. Patriots
2. Raiders
3. Steelers
4. Colts
5. Broncos
6. Chiefs

Wild Card
Broncos over Colts
Steelers over Chiefs