Bobby Engram

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I knew I thought I saw him on the Ravens sidelines last night during TNF. I miss that dude. Mr. Clutch.

nanomoz

Reaction score
One of my all-time favorites. If he hadn't mishandled that Rams playoff catch (the year we lost to the Rams three times), he'd be even more revered.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I seem to recall that would have been one hell of a catch as Hass fired that ball with everything he had and it was low...

Am I remembering that correctly?

Regardless, one of my all-time favorite Seahawks and possibly one of the most underrated.

pmedic920

Reaction score
For some reason this reminded me of Hawkstorian's "all time" piece ( was awesome BTW).

Wouldn't it be cool if we could actually field a team with all of our favs over the years.

BOBBY E. was one of mine.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Aros":3gikvrcx said:
I seem to recall that would have been one hell of a catch as Hass fired that ball with everything he had and it was low...

Am I remembering that correctly?

Regardless, one of my all-time favorite Seahawks and possibly one of the most underrated.
Was on your side on this one Aros. Then I watched the video and was't as sure. I'm kinda in the "probably shoulda had it" camp, now. But not in the "mishandled" camp.

Warning: Annoying Rams-oriented video. Some real nice throws by Bulger, though -- remember him? Also I had forgotten just how big a dildo Mike Martz is/was. Zoom ahead to a little before the 2:00 minute mark to find the play.
[youtube]ZW-3VMHzTUA[/youtube]

Edit to add: Bobby is one of my favorite all-timers for sure. Also fun to see Hass to D-Jack in this vid...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the find...If you look at the video in slo mo then you definitely would say he should have caught it...And indeed, I believe it was a drop more than a bad pass. But watch the play in real time and Hass was zig-zagging, and it looks like he falls down right as he is throwing the pass through a diagonal lane...

In other words, yes I think he could have - and probably should have - caught that pass but man it was by no means an easy ball to catch under fire like that.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It wasn't an easy catch, no doubt, but one that a player like Bobby tended to make.

evergreen

Reaction score
nanomoz":3l49jk9q said:
One of my all-time favorites. If he hadn't mishandled that Rams playoff catch (the year we lost to the Rams three times), he'd be even more revered.
That play was my first thought when seeing his name...