Saints/ Broncos

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That was nuts! Was that really the only camera angle they had?

And wasn't that rule just implemented a couple years ago? That you can return an extra point try for two points.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
May have been out, but the angle was bad and you cannot make a definitive call.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
No they had 3, IMHO one of them was pretty clear.

The whole Saints sideline saw it immediately too.

I don't know how the HELL the ref following behind the runner down that line, didn't call him out.
I can see how MAYBE there wasn't enough to overturn the call but the ref must have been looking at something else on that one step.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
whatta horrible call! Blatant cheating for the donks. Another big market team getting the call. Worst call of the year imo.

cymatica

Reaction score
I'm guessing Sean Payton won't pull a Bruce Arians and cry about the leap over the center

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It's so hard to reverse these calls.

Why can't NFL implement the technology they have in tennis? Tennis you can clearly see where where the ball touches the court by their sensor technology. Could that be done in the NFL?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
pmedic920":2gkyjv2j said:
cymatica":2gkyjv2j said:
I'm guessing Sean Payton won't pull a Bruce Arians and cry about the leap over the center

That was pretty clean, I doubt that will be the complaint.

Yeah if he complains it will be about the Broncos player stepping out of bounds. I haven't seen the other angles so I don't have much of an opinion. The one angle I saw was inconclusive.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how the Broncos ended up with 25 points? Reading the ESPN info, it seems like they should only have 23, yet the score shows 25 and it shows them winning. Their play by play even has 23 points.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":hll1a2qh said:

Why can't NFL implement the technology they have in tennis? Tennis you can clearly see where where the ball touches the court by their sensor technology. Could that be done in the NFL?

Sure, something could be done.
I'd think a simple laser system could fix that particular problem.

With a billion bucks being spent on these new stadiums, a few sensors and lasers wouldn't add much to the cost.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2wxf08hb said:
Saints got hosed.
Yes they did that was BS..A simple play to overturn turns complicated..The NFL wonders where the fans are..

cajunhawk

Reaction score
Live by the refs, die by the refs. Don't feel sorry for the Saints one bit.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
pmedic920":erp595l4 said:
Hawk-Lock":erp595l4 said:

Sure, something could be done.
I'd think a simple laser system could fix that particular problem.

With a billion bucks being spent on these new stadiums, a few sensors and lasers wouldn't add much to the cost.

But instead they'd rather put stupid sensors on players shoulder pads so we can see how fast they run and how many miles they've traveled throughout the game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If they have all of this fool proof technology, then they won't be able to "steer" games towards their "desired results".
It would be bad for the NFL's bottomline in their eyes. Small market teams sell less playoff swag than "legacy teams" do.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3970ubak said:
If they have all of this fool proof technology, then they won't be able to "steer" games towards their "desired results".
It would be bad for the NFL's bottomline in their eyes. Small market teams sell less playoff swag than "legacy teams" do.

I highly doubt the NFL is "steering" games towards specific outcomes. That is fixing games, plain and simple. And the NFL is built for small-market teams to compete, unlike other sports like the NBA. The Seahawks are far from a big market team, and we've done okay the past few years. :D

El Caliente

Reaction score
That play was horrible. First Crick pushes down the center for the other guy to jump over him.
Then the runner steps out.

It's like, what are these refs for anyway?

But I wont lie, our special teams coach needs to be gone like yesterday, and we have lost a few games based on special team fou ups.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
After what the refs did to us in New Orleans, I have NO sympathy for the Saints.