Where will the Chargers play next year?

Threedee

Reaction score
I hope they get a new stadium deal worked out, and then just work out a deal like the Rams have to play in either the Coliseum or the Rose Bowl.

RedAlice

Reaction score
The Chargers belong in San Diego.

I say that as both a person who lives in San Diego and sees the JOY my friends get from their team here in our town, and an LA Rams fan who has no clue why the Chargers should be in LA.

it will be a massive NFL travesty if the Chargers move to LA.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
How bad is Qualcomm stadium? I honestly have no idea. Is it a run down mess that is holding back the team or does LA offer the usual NFL owner vanity project that the San Diego local authority just doesn't want to pay for?

RedAlice

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2a7i37nd said:
How bad is Qualcomm stadium? I honestly have no idea. Is it a run down mess that is holding back the team or does LA offer the usual NFL owner vanity project that the San Diego local authority just doesn't want to pay for?

Well, Qualcomm is very old. It has none of the "cool" features of a current NFL stadium.

What it does have though is: AWESOME tailgating. Huge parking lots. Tons of sun. Everyone BBQs, brings their RVs, their grills and pretty much hangs out in the parking lot as if it was the beach. Pretty normal for around here. In fact, if you tailgate at a Charger game enough, you will notice you often forget to go inside to the game a time or two. It's that fun.

Which is why I don't get Spanos plan. The Charger fans love their tailgating. Downtown has zero of that.

Qualcomm is old. But, it's better than the Coliseum! ha.

Spanos has no ability to make money here, he needs a stadium he can sell better suites to rich people in. This is about Spanos making money.

NOTHING about the stadium is holding back the team or the fans. It's the owner's greed.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
When I was there for our game, the suites were not that bad. Maybe not large enough for the crowd they may have had planned to be in the area prior to kickoff...but tolerable. But like RedAlice says, the tailgating is awesome there. And sometimes you would forget to go inside. There, some may just go for the tailgating and bring a tv to watch the game on the parking lot. Lotta room there. and easy access via the green trolley.

Largent80

Reaction score
I had a blast while there except that day it was 106 degrees in the shade. The stadium wasn't that bad and like RA said its miles better than the LAMC.

Chargers need to stay in SD.