Alabama Crimson Tide vs Cleveland Browns

Smellyman

Reaction score
Browns by 50 and would be ugly, the dogs would need to be called off.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Agreed with above. Many underestimate the true disparity between college and pro players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellyman

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":26rybx0e said:
Agreed with above. Many underestimate the true disparity between college and pro players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup every player on the Browns made it to the NFL, not near all Bama players will.

Then add in Man strength and experience. Bama would just get rolled and injured.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Alabama would cover that easily. That roster is full of NFL talent.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
So for those taking Cleveland, how many points would it take for you to bet on Alabama?

Smellyman

Reaction score
No idea. I would need a crap ton of points.

I can't fathom people thinking it would be close.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Alabama wins easily...if it were a high school team vs the Browns i would have to give it more thought on who would win.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
pC has stated why college teams will never win is simply the line play of the defense and offensesive lines. College level players simply cannot compete.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Hawks46

Reaction score
Funny how people are always complaining about the quality of offensive lineman in college, but supposedly Alabama can beat Cleveland with those same OLmen.

Here's the thing: you have grown ass men at every level in the Pros, where Alabama has a ton of talent, but it hasn't blossomed into NFL talent yet. Then throw in the experience factor and coaching.....sorry. Cleveland is beating Alabama, and there's going to be some injuries to boot.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Any NFL team would destroy any college team.

Morons in the South who live and die by their SEC juggernauts do not undetstand the fundamental concept of how unbelievably loaded with talent even the worst NFL team is. So for maybe a dozen future NFL players on Alabama, you have a complete roster of 53 on Cleveland with superior speed, technique, experience and overall talent.

You could even come up with a team of free agent, recently released NFL players that would kill Alabama. There is so much talent at the pro level that the average fan (especially in SEC country) just doesn't appreciate.

London12

Reaction score
As someone who knows almost zero about college football (other than it's fun to watch), this is an interesting thread.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Bama might have a few players that will go on (Go on being key here) to be big time NFL talents. Then they have a few more players that will be solid NFL starters. Then they have a few that will be fringe players and backups. And then theres the rest, probably 60% of their starters, that wont even sniff the NFL.

Cleveland would destroy them. It wouldnt be close.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Bobblehead":cl7uv0c5 said:
pC has stated why college teams will never win is simply the line play of the defense and offensesive lines. College level players simply cannot compete.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I actually think the Bama DL would hold up pretty well against Cleveland. The OL probably not so much. So while I do think Cleveland would win, I think it would have a lot more to do with Alabama not being able to score than it would Cleveland all of a sudden lighting it up on them.

Per the OP, with a spread of 27, I might still take the Browns but it wouldn't take many more points, I don't think, for me to consider Bama.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
instead of the pro bowl every year, the team with the #1 overall draft pick should play the college national champion. It could be called the "Scouting Game".

will never happen but that would be awesome.

LargentFan

Reaction score
Alabama could not finish the game. They would run out of players.

253hawk

Reaction score
LargentFan":2z7d525u said:

What if it were A&M? Could they keep bringing fans out of the stands to play until all 102,512 are dead?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
253hawk":1ov2eais said:
LargentFan":1ov2eais said:

What if it were A&M? Could they keep bringing fans out of the stands to play until all 102,512 are dead?
:snack:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Consider how many can't-miss, shining star players have surged out of college only to drift in mediocrity through the NFL, if not flunk out completely after a few quiet years. Jimmy Clausen, Brady Quinn, Troy Smith just to name a few, and those are only quarterbacks. Now consider all the O-linemen, all the pass rushers who are never able to hold a roster spot, let alone shine in a professional game. And I'm not even talking about the complete busts like Ryan Leaf, JeMarcus Russel, or our own Aaron Curry.

Any NFL team would devour any college team.

Latest posts