Packers Next Coach Possibilities

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

Fade

Reaction score
Maulbert":20gko0qp said:
Generally, just want to know from Bevell haters.... if Bevell were to leave, who would you want to replace him? Serious question. I'm wondering who might replace him.

Hugh Jackson, after the Browns fire him, after only 1 season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":1ecm6jzy said:
Generally, just want to know from Bevell haters.... if Bevell were to leave, who would you want to replace him? Serious question. I'm wondering who might replace him.
I'm not going to go on and on about it since no minds will be changed, but honestly, just about anyone who's been an OC.
This offense succeeds because of the talent on the field. A lot of Bevell supporters think you have to be a rocket
scientist to do that job, that clearly isn't the case.

Russ holds a number of college records, DB wasn't his coach, Jimmy Graham was successful in New Orleans, DB wasn't his coach, and on and on.

Fade

Reaction score
pmedic920":1z0yxvsw said:
He's been our whipping boy but we need to be careful what we wish for.

When it's Pete making the choice, I agree. He is going to want a guy who does it the way Pete wants it done, so a big name wouldn't be likely.

Bevell isn't going anywhere. His name is being brought up because he is a Wisconsin guy. The Packers can do a lot better, and they will.

EDIT* This is just like the BYU job.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Shouldn't you be busy updating your list of offensive play callers Fade, following two tremendous offensive performances against defenses run by Rex Ryan and Bill Belichick?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
xgeoff":330z86qf said:
Adam Gase, if he gets fired...

Um, they've won 4 in a row and are above .500

Thats not happening.

I'm glad the league is finally noticing how much McCarthy sucks though. The Packers have a wealth of talent and arguably the top QB in football, they'll have a long list of interested candidates for that gig should it become available.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2cljio5z said:
Maulbert":2cljio5z said:

Russ holds a number of college records, DB wasn't his coach, Jimmy Graham was successful in New Orleans, DB wasn't his coach, and on and on.

This is one scorching hot take. :lol:

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Maulbert":rcorfh64 said:

What if it was...Mike McCarthy???

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
thebanjodude":14gezvoy said:
Maulbert":14gezvoy said:

Huge. Huge downgrade.

Dude stinks.

Largent80

Reaction score
Fade":1f5aoie0 said:
Maulbert":1f5aoie0 said:

Hugh Jackson, after the Browns fire him, after only 1 season.

Because the Browns haven't won a single game?

Wrong answer.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29anhfp4 said:
thebanjodude":29anhfp4 said:
Maulbert":29anhfp4 said:

Huge. Huge downgrade.

Dude stinks.

Clearly should have used the :sarcasm_on:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
1. Bevell was a Favre buddy/qb coach before Rodgers took the over at qb . (Old regime)
2. Bevell then became coordinator of their most hated rival the vikings.
3. Bevell then reunited with his nemesis Brett Favre in 2010 to beat the packers in heartbreak fashion.
4. Bevell is now OC of the Seahawks, who is a team as hated by Packer nation as the vikings are.

IMO Aaron Rodgers might have a more difficult time accepting Bevell after being on opposing sides (on and off the field) for so long. Keep in mind also that Bevell is just 14 years older than Rodgers with no head coaching experience.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":281i6lh7 said:
McCarthy :lol: Sorry, just couldn't help myself.