MNF in Mexico

Threedee

Reaction score
It's nice to see that Raiders fans are still the scum of the earth. I'd say that was a slight embarrassment for the NFL on its first effort to play in that venue. Otherwise, a pretty good game.

DHawk

Reaction score
The lasers to the eyes of Oswieller were lame. I wonder if the NFL would have allowed the game to be suspended if it continued.

253hawk

Reaction score
The lasers must have hit the refs eyes too, because holy hell that early OOB whistle and those ball spots in the 4th quarter...

Rob12

Reaction score
"Don't leave your hotel. Don't eat food outside of your hotel or we might give you a PED suspension. But hey, come out here and play in front of 60,000+ fans and have a great time. Mile High is a walk in the park compared to this. Have those oxygen masks ready - every one of you will need them."

-NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

London12

Reaction score
Definitely didn't work. Logical solution - more games in London, including Hawks.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Judging by how the major sports sites pushed how successful it was, I'd say to be ready for more games in Mexico.

The NFL is over saturating itself. They are making a really really big mistake.

Sunday games, Monday games, Thursday games, Saturday playoff games.

Games in London. Games in Mexico.

Just pure over saturation.

I'll never try to compare poker to NFL, but look what happened there. You saw it on every channel at all hours and it's taken a hard fall.

Couple the over saturation with a less quality product due to less practice time, worse rules, and the worst part, terrible enforcement of rules (refs), and you have a product that is going to start to decline.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SeaToTheHawks":1wrv4znv said:
Judging by how the major sports sites pushed how successful it was, I'd say to be ready for more games in Mexico.

I'll never try to compare poker to NFL, but look what happened there. You saw it on every channel at all hours and it's taken a hard fall.

Couple the over saturation with a less quality product due to less practice time, worse rules, and the worst part, terrible enforcement of rules (refs), and you have a product that is going to start to decline.

The over-saturation thing is interesting. I've wished for years that I could tune into an NFL game any day of the week like I can MLB, NHL, and NBA. Those leagues have games almost every night during their season. You can always find one one if you want. They're over-saturated, but still pretty popular, and it isn't like it hasn't been that way for a long, long time.

The NFL is nowhere close to as saturated as MLB, and yet even with games every day of the week for their 162-game season, with your favorite team playing almost every other day, they still put butts in seats and merchandise in customers' hands.

I'm not saying that to make a case for the NFL to continue what it's doing, but those are the facts. And as far as it being a "rough" sport that requires a week rest in between, the NHL is a very rough, violent, physical game, and they play 82 games a season, usually about every two or three days apart.

Yes, the NFL is watering things down, and yes, they're putting out a product that is causing people to lose interest, but it's not as simple as having too many games on too many days of the week.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3ewefqzk said:
SeaToTheHawks":3ewefqzk said:

The over-saturation thing is interesting. I've wished for years that I could tune into an NFL game any day of the week like I can MLB, NHL, and NBA. Those leagues have games almost every night during their season. You can always find one one if you want. They're over-saturated, but still pretty popular, and it isn't like it hasn't been that way for a long, long time.

The NFL is nowhere close to as saturated as MLB, and yet even with games every day of the week for their 162-game season, with your favorite team playing almost every other day, they still put butts in seats and merchandise in customers' hands.

I'm not saying that to make a case for the NFL to continue what it's doing, but those are the facts. And as far as it being a "rough" sport that requires a week rest in between, the NHL is a very rough, violent, physical game, and they play 82 games a season, usually about every two or three days apart.

Yes, the NFL is watering things down, and yes, they're putting out a product that is causing people to lose interest, but it's not as simple as having too many games on too many days of the week.

Interesting rebuttal. I have a few of my own, but I couldn't phrase them how I want to right now