NFL does it again

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Bradford of the Vikings are going for two. They get penalized for illegal motion. The next play Bradford gets hit in the face and has his face mask grabbed. They missed the call again. What a disgrace.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Where is the angry outcries??

Where is Dean Blandino??

I don't see any pitchforks or torches!!

Oh....that's right, its America's darlings. A chuckle from Collingsworth is all that apparently deserved.

Screw the Cowboys.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
My favorite part was Corriete patting his shoulder, as if to indicate THAT was the only place contact was made despite the fact that his face almost got ripped off.

How on earth did he miss that call???

WmHBonney

Reaction score
NFL refs have been training with the WWE refs.....

253hawk

Reaction score
It's only a penalty when Earl does it to Tannehill when his errant pass has been picked off in the end zone.

And that blatant uncalled hold, jesus...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/fbiagent4hire/status/804536711141171200[/tweet]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2einf010 said:
When I saw the "America's Team" special on NFL films, I realized it's over.

I looked at the schedule, ... totally favorable. the fact that their Thursday game just happened to follow another Thursday game.

The Cowboys are absolutely winning the Superbowl this year.
The only way they do is if they get some serious help like tonight every playoff game.
Mark Cuban is right, this league will be on life support in 10 years if they don't fix their officiating/game steering problem.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Why wouldnt they?

They just got away with probably the most blatant penalty I have ever seen and there is nary a whisper about it.

The Hawks can breathe wrong and be the focus of Sportscenter controversy for a week.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Darin Guthmeyer on Twitter:

Is Dean Blandino the Jeff Fisher of NFL executives??

:D :D :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1rwr5380 said:
Sports Hernia":1rwr5380 said:
The_Z_Man":1rwr5380 said:

I looked at the schedule, ... totally favorable. the fact that their Thursday game just happened to follow another Thursday game.

The only way they do is if they get some serious help like tonight every playoff game.
Mark Cuban is right, this league will be on life support in 10 years if they don't fix their officiating/game steering problem.

They will, trust me. The NFL is absolutely moist for the Cowboys this year. They want them to win sooo bad.
That's why we need to stomp them XLVIII style!

getnasty

Reaction score
I believe refs miss plenty of calls and there's no question about that, but if I actually thought that they did that on purpose I'd never watch another game. Do you guys truly believe it's rigged? I do think if the shoes was on the other foot, Dak got hit and the Cowboys lost that people wouldn stop playing it on espn.

cymatica

Reaction score
getnasty":3rmxowto said:
I believe refs miss plenty of calls and there's no question about that, but if I actually thought that they did that on purpose I'd never watch another game. Do you guys truly believe it's rigged? I do think if the shoes was on the other foot, Dak got hit and the Cowboys lost that people wouldn stop playing it on espn.

I don't think just missing calls explains why one team never gets a holding call while the other gets totally screwed in penalty discrepancy and missed calls. The saints game this year is just one example.

I find it easier to believe they are steering games in a certain direction or at least giving advantages to certain teams in games, than sheer ineptitude. If the officials were really as incompetent in an innocent way as they have been, then the nfl would have done something about it a long time ago.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
If you watched the entire game the cowboys had plenty of penalties called on them. Many of them calling back real big plays. I watched the game and never thought the refs were trying to steer the game at all and I hate the cowboys.
He just didn't see the facemask pure and simple.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Natethegreat":o4ktan2i said:
If you watched the entire game the cowboys had plenty of penalties called on them. Many of them calling back real big plays. I watched the game and never thought the refs were trying to steer the game at all and I hate the cowboys.

Refs are watching QB's like a hawk. Grazing a QB with the outside of your wrist half a second after the ball leaves their hand practically draws a flag these days, yet we are to believe that he somehow "missed" the facemask of his helmet being violently ripped down?

That is some selective "missing" right there...

cymatica

Reaction score
Hawkpower":lj32rfxf said:
Natethegreat":lj32rfxf said:

Refs are watching QB's like a hawk. Grazing a QB with the outside of your wrist half a second after the ball leaves their hand practically draws a flag these days, yet we are to believe that he somehow "missed" the facemask of his helmet being violently ripped down?

That is some selective "missing" right there...

Not to mention some of the rediculous roughing the passer calls against seattle. I remember the browns game in petes 2nd year chancellor getting flagged for tackling the qb too hard. Or thomas jumping to bat down a ball then gets flagged when his hand barely grazes the helmet on his way down, after the ball is thrown btw. Not just qbs, bennet was tackled by his facemask in the AZ game next to palmer and the ref staring right at it. Or the opi calls in the saints game, the excuse was he was 20 yards back and couldn't tell if the pick was pass 1 yd out, yet how many calls do we see the refs assuming its a penalty when its actually not.

The nfl is becoming more like smoking, I'm still addicted but eventually I'll quit when my lungs have had enough.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Natethegreat":tsrgqdes said:

Patterson's OPI was a poor call. But overall the reffing was fine.It can't be perfect.

Vikings were their own worst enemy though. Muffed punt, holding on 3rd in inches in the red zone, false start during the 2 point conversion...

Boycie

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2e3gf90i said:
Sports Hernia":2e3gf90i said:
The_Z_Man":2e3gf90i said:

They will, trust me. The NFL is absolutely moist for the Cowboys this year. They want them to win sooo bad.

No doubt. Its almost comical at how much pub they are getting on the NFL's Facebook feeds.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3alwr1uo said:
I didn't get to watch the end of the game, so I didn't see the play in question. But Nate is right there were at least two pretty huge Cowboys plays that the refs called back. And I think they were the type of penalty that is legit, but not blatant, so I have to admit that I was pretty surprised they were called against Dallas at all.

At any rate, I didn't come away from the first 2/3 of the game or so thinking that the refs were in the bag for Big D.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":37w0h69l said:

The Giants or Seahawks will smack them in the playoffs. No worries.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I feel like facemask and contact to he head of the QB should be reviewable. It's not really subjective, it's an objective call. It's no different than if a player is inbounds or not. The player either has two feet in or not. The defensive player either made contact with the QB's head or not.