NFL to Hire 17 full time officials

Laloosh

Reaction score
iabt.png

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I'm not so sure I like the idea of adding another body to the field. If anything, I would like to see more camera angles available for replays.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Nice. They can totally steer the game where they want it to be. Browns in 3 years...superbowl.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't really see this making a big difference, but maybe at least now they'll know the rules as well as Sherman.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They don't need to hire more until they fire "the incompetent" ones.
.....and they need to start by firing Deano "I ride on Jerruh's party bus" Blandino the so called head of officiating.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It won't matter, they will still be relying on video reviews. With reviews, the refs don't have to make the right choice.. if you don't like the call, review it.

I think before the review, the refs were more accountable, now they are brow beaten by video reviews.

chris98251

Reaction score
So really it's adding one full time per each crew, and off season it's teaching, they don't know where they will put them yet but I like this part at the end.

I don’t know about you, but that sounds like we are in line for a lot more rhythm-destroying holding penalties and dubious personal foul calls that will get everyone super upset. I can’t wait!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Could someone tell me what the idea of a "full time" ref is? Season only lasts 6 months, including pre season and playoffs. Are the deficiencies with the refs because they have an off season?

Is the NFL wanting the refs to work more on their NFL job during the season? Seems like referees are pretty busy with their NFL craft during this time to begin with. [urltargetblank]http://static.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1248329.html[/urltargetblank]

Threedee

Reaction score
This is at least two decades overdue, so, now perhaps the NFL will come up with some less obvious changes going forward.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Start working with one of the leading companies that is working on AI and make computers do it. Quadruple the number of camera angles and get rid of the erroneous human element.