Two more years of mediocrity for the Rams

keatonisballin

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/805420310002548736[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/805421656214736896[/tweet]

rjdriver

Reaction score
Great news for us. Hopefully the Niners follow suit with Chip.

Poor Alice :(.

London12

Reaction score
I just don't understand it? I'd be so frustrated if I was a Rams fan.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
As frustrated as I am with Bevell, at least we can still post a winning record. Imagine if, say, Mora got a contract extension after 2009. Baffling.

Six seasons with a winning record! Is that right? 6 of 22 years is 27%. That means 73% of his seasons have resulted in losing records. And the brass' excuse is that the team moved? Not only is that a bad reason to keep a coach, it's actually a great reason to get a new one! Out with the old and in with the new!

Wow, Rams fans and Los Angeles, our rivalry aside, as a football fan, I feel for you.

el capitan

Reaction score
It's great news as far as keeping the Rams near the bottom of the division goes but it'd be nice if we could figure out how to beat them on a more regular basis.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think I hear RedAlice crying. We may need to start a suicide watch.

I can scarcely believe this is true; it's incredible that they'd extend him again...Lol. Pretty funny from a Seahawks fan's point of view.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I can't believe they gave him a contract extension. It makes absolutely no sense. How do you give a guy a contract extension after so many mediocre seasons and coming off a bad losing effort..

rjdriver

Reaction score
A popular sports website is reporting:

"The extension does not seem to guarantee much for Fisher, beyond compensation. It's viewed more as a token of appreciation from owner Stan Kroenke, who didn't want Snead or Fisher to finish the season with lame-duck status. But the Rams would not be opposed to going in another direction at head coach -- or general manager -- if the Rams do not show that they are well-equipped to be consistent winners moving forward."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1819 ... rams-coach

Maybe there is hope for Alice.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3nvfar9t said:
I can't believe they gave him a contract extension. It makes absolutely no sense. How do you give a guy a contract extension after so many mediocre seasons and coming off a bad losing effort..

How many seasons until their new stadium is ready? Wonder if they are trying to just wait to make a splash then. About the only rationale I can think of.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Why wait to make the splash?I would think winning means more sold of everything at extra inflated prices.

RedAlice

Reaction score
rjdriver":2oo83bfu said:
A popular sports website is reporting:

"The extension does not seem to guarantee much for Fisher, beyond compensation. It's viewed more as a token of appreciation from owner Stan Kroenke, who didn't want Snead or Fisher to finish the season with lame-duck status. But the Rams would not be opposed to going in another direction at head coach -- or general manager -- if the Rams do not show that they are well-equipped to be consistent winners moving forward."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1819 ... rams-coach

Maybe there is hope for Alice.

Yes.

According to Fisher today, the contract was signed before the season even started. So, this doesn't actually change anything other than that now the public knows he has signed his two year extension.

According to VinnyB (LA Sports writer) on twitter - it's a two year contract with a one year buy-out option. Effectually, Fisher can be fired after this season and will still get his salary for next year, which Kroenke may see as a thank you for moving the team.

It's also worth noting that Fisher had this leaked to the media today (after his Dickerson PR mess), and that it was not an announcement by the Rams or Kroenke.

I'm sure Kroenke wishes that Fisher had just turned out to be a good coach so he wouldn't have to deal with any of this. But, I can hardly believe he thinks this mess is going well enough to leave it alone until 2019. He wants to start selling his PSLs very soon.

Stadium will be complete for the 2019 season. I think they can start selling PSLs after the issue with the Chargers/Raiders as a tenant is worked out.

Chapow

Reaction score
In his first four seasons with the Rams, Fisher has guided the team to records of 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, and 7-9. The Rams currently sit at 4-7 with a difficult schedule down the stretch. Fisher hasn't led a team to a winning season since 2008 and has just six seasons in his 22-year coaching career with more than eight victories.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... o-extended

How this guy continues to be employed as an NFL coach is just baffling. One of the great mysteries of the universe really.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I wonder if maybe Kroenke wants to just open the new stadium with a bang and doesn't give a crap about what happens until then?

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm torn about this.

On one hand, this mostly guarantees the Rams being out of contention while Fisher is there, and Goff probably not progressing at all and maybe washing out.

On the other hand, this guarantees the Rams at least a .500 record against us while Fisher can coach and read Bevell's mind.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawks46":1rq2tchs said:
On the other hand, this guarantees the Rams at least a .500 record against us while Fisher can coach and read Bevell's mind.

Anyone can read Bevell's mind; the Rams just have good personnel to take advantage of it more than most other teams do.