Gus Is All But Done in Jacksonville...

Wartooth

Reaction score
Should Pete try to bring him back; like he did Quinn?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
No idea how Gus even lasted this long.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nice guy, good coach, may not be HC material.
Didn't like him as a defensive playcaller here.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have Richard who is a Gus clone calling the defense, I don't see him getting demoted to bring Gus back but I would like him to be more focused on our secondary again and develop DB's.

OP
OP
Wartooth

Wartooth

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys!
I feel the same way, hoping the organization does too!
I didn't enjoy cussing at my TV when he went soft zone, prevent!

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Quinn took over in 13 right? Cause all I remember of Gus is all the leads we gave up when he would start playing his soft ass zones at the end of the game. Against Miami, Detroit, Atlanta, the list goes on.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
keatonisballin":1cju8zk2 said:
Quinn took over in 13 right? Cause all I remember of Gus is all the leads we gave up when he would start playing his soft ass zones at the end of the game. Against Miami, Detroit, Atlanta, the list goes on.

This.

Bradley < Richard < Quinn

joeseahawks

Reaction score
So many coaches will get fired next year ... Could Richards be head coach candidate in places like Bills, Jets, Cardinals, Jags, Browns, Panthers, Saints?

If Richards goes, could Gus be back? Of course, it is lots of ifs ...

kidhawk

Reaction score
The only way I'd even entertain it, is if Richard were to get a HC job elsewhere and we needed to replace him. Otherwise, why mess with a formula that's working?

Maulbert

Reaction score
I just realized, if the Jags lose the rest of their games, Bradley will be the fastest coach in NFL history to 50 losses (4 seasons or 64 games). Even David Shula needed 5 seasons (69 games) to do it.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I don't see Richard getting demoted from DC (nor should he. I'd rather give him more time to grow at the position). So he'd have to come back as a position coach--linebackers maybe?

In either case, he can get a better job elsewhere.

drcool

Reaction score
For the first couple years pretty much everyone here in Jacksonville was a fan of Bradley. They thought he had a good plan in place, they were bringing in the right players, etc. but for some reason he has never been able to turn them into a team that wins.

From just a pure talent perspective Jacksonville is probably a 6 to 8 win team but they are vastly under performing this year and I think that falls on the coach.

He will find a landing place in the league as a coordinator but he blew his one shot at being a head coach.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I gotta give the owner in Jax credit, he gave Bradley plenty of time. That show's me they will eventually grow it, you can't be like the Browns, getting a new staff every 2 years, that will never work. Need consistency.

Just too bad Gus couldn't make it work.