Miami getting absolutely jobbed by the refs today

mistaowen

Reaction score
Lions were gifted a win as well against the bears. Two big plays in last minute called back for very iffy holding calls. Then a clear PI by the lions DB next play not called.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Looks like the Dolphins are gonna pull this out.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Holy crap they almost blew it with the running back dancing around until time ran out. 1 second left, field goal coming.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
mistaowen":bkb2qfzg said:
Lions were gifted a win as well against the bears. Two big plays in last minute called back for very iffy holding calls. Then a clear PI by the lions DB next play not called.

I couldn't believe those calls. I mean if it happened for GB or Dallas or NE I'd think the fix was in. but under no circumstance can I figure out how Detroit would be the beneficiary of the old "company line"

RichNhansom

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2v9vr40m said:
mistaowen":2v9vr40m said:

I couldn't believe those calls. I mean if it happened for GB or Dallas or NE I'd think the fix was in. but under no circumstance can I figure out how Detroit would be the beneficiary of the old "company line"

I didn't see the game but was following on ESPN's play by play.

How bad was the actual holding?

I was thinking they better be blatant as he'll because Chicago marched down the field just to the edge of field goal range and the completed a pass that put them inside the 10 iirc when the first holding call came and then was followed immediately by another not only negating a huge play and 1st and goal but way out of field goal range with a 1st and 30.

No question those calls eliminated ant chance Chicago had at winning or tying. They very likely would have won with the momentum they had if not for those calls.

This reminds me of the AZ game earlier this year.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3im34nhd said:
gowazzu02":3im34nhd said:
mistaowen":3im34nhd said:

I didn't see the game but was following on ESPN's play by play.

How bad was the actual holding?

I was thinking they better be blatant as he'll because Chicago marched down the field just to the edge of field goal range and the completed a pass that put them inside the 10 iirc when the first holding call came and then was followed immediately by another not only negating a huge play and 1st and goal but way out of field goal range with a 1st and 30.

No question those calls eliminated ant chance Chicago had at winning or tying. They very likely would have won with the momentum they had if not for those calls.

This reminds me of the AZ game earlier this year.

Well let me put it this way. Im in a competitive weekly pickem league and had big points on det so I needed them to win. Yet I audibly gasped....especially the second one. I mean the whole you could call holding every play. narrative But back to back plays. GB got away with all of that and more yesterday almost every play.

irocdave

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3lk1sjic said:
mistaowen":3lk1sjic said:

Know that the Hawks were on the wrong end of those calls for decades, then it was like a switch was flipped and the calls came the Hawks way. Been that way since 2012. Even 2005 was the same way. It's in the NFL's best interest to have teams altering status positions. I don't know that the Hawks were pre destined to be a dominate force for 5 years, but they got a decades worth of calls to go their way for sure. Detroit has top shelf pieces, no doubt and they got jobbed a couple of years ago in the playoffs.