Could the Rams steal Pete?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Is there a chance the Rams could or would steal Pete back to Los Angeles? Do you think LA would want him?

To be clear: I have not heard anything to this effect. It's purely hypothetical for now.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
4 months ago PC signed an extension through 2019, so no, there isn't a scenario in which that happens.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":8oze1x8j said:
Is there a chance the Rams could or would steal Pete back to Los Angeles? Do you think LA would want him?

To be clear: I have not heard anything to this effect. It's purely hypothetical for now.
At his age why would he want to start over from scratch? I see him only coaching for 4 or 5 more years tops anyhow.

CANHawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2phh6va1 said:
Because his era is over, Hernia. I read it on the internet.
It's true. I saw Doug Baldwin make a sad face during the game.

sent from the charred remains of a note 7 using tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
This is exactly the reason he is signed, it was going to happen sooner or later.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
In some ways the move would make sense for Carroll.

However, is he willing to step away from Wilson and a perennial playoff team to take over an after thought QB'd by Goff.. just so he could be back in LA?

I mean... the weather is nice down there.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Here's the full link SI tried to post:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/rams- ... 29864.html

I would be beyond surprised if it happened. I wonder if they'll try to pluck from the coaching tree though. All Bevell comments aside, from reading that article I think he would make a lot of sense. Been with Carroll for a while. Experience tutoring a QB. Perhaps giving McDaniel another shot would be a smarter move, but I could see them going for Bevell.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
FWIW, I wouldn't want him.

Harbaugh at least has been away from the Niners for a few years now. I would need time to stop hating Pete Carroll before I could be happy about him being my team's coach.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Even if both sides wanted it to happen, the Rams don't have the draft capital to pull off that trade.

Belichick went from the Jets to Patriots for a 1st rounder; Gruden from the Raiders to Bucs for two 1's and two 2's. Neither man had a Super Bowl, or two conference championships, on their resume at the time like Pete does now.

I would, if I were the Rams, take a long hard look at Rocky Seto though.

Largent80

Reaction score
That place is going to get swallowed up by the San Andreas.....why would he want to go back for that?

2_0_6

Reaction score
*IF* the Rams offered two #1's and two #2's as much as I love Pete, that would be VERY tempting to pass up

HawkGA

Reaction score
I completely forgot that this isn't like college and that the Seahawks would require compensation even if Pete wanted to go. All the more reason this isn't happening. But honestly, I don't see him wanting to go. Maybe he wants the challenge of doing it again but I don't see why. He should ride Wilson into the sunset.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkGA":rkhoyguj said:
I completely forgot that this isn't like college and that the Seahawks would require compensation even if Pete wanted to go. All the more reason this isn't happening. But honestly, I don't see him wanting to go. Maybe he wants the challenge of doing it again but I don't see why. He should ride Wilson into the sunset.

Giddy up LITTLE dawgie. :twisted: :stirthepot:

RedAlice

Reaction score
I think this entire rumor is silly. I see absolutely NO WAY Carroll comes to the Rams.

And, I don't want him to- He's the Hawks coach. We need to improve the division by adding another good coach.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1n9d12lz said:
HawkGA":1n9d12lz said:

Giddy up LITTLE dawgie. :twisted: :stirthepot:

Squeal like a pig?!