On Eve Of Game W/Seahawks, Rumor Rams To Snatch Pats Coach

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Oh, my.

One of the finer, more well-reasoned threads in here yesterday was discussing the Pats' ability to reform itself both on and off the field in order to stay competitive. Losing McDaniels would be a challenge to that trend:

"Many believe Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, six seasons removed from being fired as Broncos coach, is ready for another shot."

(Also note how the article says Pete Carroll to LA is a no way, no how)

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/14/los- ... fl-mailbag

Laloosh

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":3c28cgf4 said:
That would be a nice snatch, indeed.
Low hanging fruit right there but I'll pass.

Largent80

Reaction score
Oh my. Mr. this is the end of the Pete Carroll era is now throwing more ridiculous speculation anywhere it thinks it will stick.

OMG, a rumor on the eve of a game with the Seahawks....EXTRA.....EXTRA !!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
McDaniels is a great OC, but hard to know how great he is. He is the OC for arguably the greatest NFL player to ever play the game. How would McDaniels look calling plays on a mediocre team, I'd guess not as good.

Overall, I think it would be a pretty good hire for the Rams.

Boycie

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2ks4l1gk said:
McDaniels is a great OC, but hard to know how great he is. He is the OC for arguably the greatest NFL player to ever play the game. How would McDaniels look calling plays on a mediocre team, I'd guess not as good.

He also has the luxury of having(and this really hurts me to say it) the best Qb of all time in Brady, and i don't think Brady is going to be part of this deal.

RedAlice

Reaction score
NO!!!! I do not want McDaniels.

Lots of rumors out there, several good articles on the reason why for them. Just read a good one on Gruden. However, everything right now is an opinion. I'm getting excited about some possibilities, including Shaw and Kyle.

I'll get some links to some articles that we've been discussing on the Rams Board.

Here's Prop Bet Odds -

Some odds from: http://www.bookmaker.eu/live-lines/foot ... cial-props

Josh McDaniels 293
Kyle Shanahan 293
David Shaw 788
Jim Bob Cooter 976
Todd Haley 849
Jim Harbaugh 4000
Jon Gruden 726
Field 123

The number tells you how much you'd win if you bet $100

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Alice,does Jim Bob Cooter excite you any? :lol:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Josh McDaniels will only be hired if all the home run hires they go after turn them down.

I think Nick Saban is the wild card here. If they win another title, he really has nothing to prove at Bama anymore. He has a lot to prove in the NFL though.

Sounds semi familiar to how the Seahawks landed their current coach ;)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kyle Shanahan is the best of the bunch. Smart, mature, grew up in the NFL.

He could hire Gus Bradley for DC.

chris98251

Reaction score
No Bevell rumors ? Not being sarcastic but one has to wonder if his start has stopped shining after the Super Bowl play call, he was always in the speculation prior to that.

Maulbert

Reaction score

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":14m6at9a said:

The Cutler to Marshall connection on offense was pretty legit while he coached the Broncos.

Even with Brady aside, I love the raw creativity the Pats do with formations and general play calling. I'm pretty damn sure that Cary Elwes - err, Josh McDaniels, is a great OC regardless. Having a great QB obviously helps, there's no doubting that, however.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":35k63xa2 said:
Hawk-Lock":35k63xa2 said:

The Cutler to Marshall connection on offense was pretty legit while he coached the Broncos.

Even with Brady aside, I love the raw creativity the Pats do with formations and general play calling. I'm pretty damn sure that Cary Elwes - err, Josh McDaniels, is a great OC regardless. Having a great QB obviously helps, there's no doubting that, however.

Uhhh... McDaniels never coached Cutler. He alienated him within a month of taking the job and dealt him to Chicago for a couple first rounders and Kyle Orton.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Damn, my mental timeline on that is off. My mistake, Daniels was irrelevant for that; I was wrong. Though, I heard from someone with some inside information that Cutler pissed off Elway in a Denver steakhouse and that's what really got him out of there.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":dkbbkcvk said:
Damn, my mental timeline on that is off. My mistake, Daniels was irrelevant for that; I was wrong. Though, I heard from someone with some inside information that Cutler pissed off Elway in a Denver steakhouse and that's what really got him out of there.

I could definitely believe that. We didn't really see his true colors until he got to the Bears.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":15vrthu7 said:
Alice,does Jim Bob Cooter excite you any? :lol:

I don't know if he excites Alice, but he does make sheep nervous.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
If they want someone new at the position then they should probably target Kyle Shanahan. If they want someone with proven track record then they should go after Jon Gruden.

They fired their HC but GM is still there, which means Jared Goff is still a part of the plan moving forward. It makes sense too knowing how much they have given up to get him. He deserves a fair chance but to put him in the best situation possible, they should hire someone with offensive mindset preferably a QB guru like Jon Gruden. Kyle Shanahan works too.

As someone else posted, it'd be a win for them to hire Gus Bradley as their DC if Kyle Shanahan gets the job. They have enough talent on that defense for Gus to succeed.