Michael Floyd released

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Has he not sucked this year. Him sucking in a contract year probably makes the decision easier.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I would take him in a heart beat, but Im sure there will be others interested as well:

Packers
Minnesota
Philly
Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Miami
Raiders

G4PBeCs

bmorepunk

Reaction score
23 other teams get a shot, even if Seahawks were interested.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Team isn't talking about the release and there is a fear/suggestion that the DUI may be indicative of a deeper issue with alcohol (which may be why he is having a very bad year). So it will be interesting to see if anyone signs him or if he checks into rehab at this point...

uncle fester

Reaction score
Hawks were willing to look past Marshawn's misdemeanours.

- Sign him, cut Kearse(?), learn AZ's offensive audibles/Johnson's run/receiving scope.

- Play AZ

- Reevaluate Floyd/background issues after the game.

EDIT: Yes, I am being lightly over-simplistic, for those who think I'm being serious.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":13o4nxh0 said:
Team isn't talking about the release and there is a fear/suggestion that the DUI may be indicative of a deeper issue with alcohol (which may be why he is having a very bad year). So it will be interesting to see if anyone signs him or if he checks into rehab at this point...
Oh he has issues no doubt and he has a problem with booze.He was busted 3 times at ND and that is just the times you hear of.I know he got passes for alcohol stuff (a lot of ND players get breaks)He needs help and football is not what he needs until then.

Ace_Diamond

Reaction score
His stats have been down but that's this year's Cardinals in a nutshell - completely opposite from 2015. This entire 2016 AZ squad looks like a fraud comparatively outside of David Johnson and Fitzgerald - who combined account for damn near 2/3 of Palmer's yards this year.

Floyd has played well in the previous 3 seasons amassing 2,730 receiving yards and 17TDS. The problem with Floyd is his durability. He only played one full season in college and the same in the NFL. Since the 2012 draft he's only started 46 of 76 games.

He'll end up on the Eagles or somewhere else with a high priority if he's claimed. Ever since the departure of Sidney Rice OR that Super Bowl anomaly Chris Mathews put up, the Seahawks use any larger body receivers at tight end or cornerback :lol:

Ace_Diamond

Reaction score
uncle fester":1zu1rc76 said:
Hawks were willing to look past Marshawn's misdemeanours.

- Sign him, cut Kearse(?), learn AZ's offensive audibles/Johnson's run/receiving scope.

- Play AZ

- Reevaluate Floyd/background issues after the game.

EDIT: Yes, I am being lightly over-simplistic, for those who think I'm being serious.

I would've completely disagreed with cutting Kearse since he's played an important role and he's a local boy but ever since he was diagnosed with that disorder that turned his hands into stone, I think it's probably a good idea.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would be fine cutting Kearse from an on the field perspective but they won't because they eat most of the contract. I think Floyd has much more potential than Kearse but he needs to get his situation sorted out. If we did pick him up I would be pretty excited about it. Lots of physical talent there.

RCATES

Reaction score
The waiver system kinda sucks for the player. You really have no say where you go. Kinda dumb if you ask me forcing players to play for a terrible team that get the option first.

Rat

Reaction score
RCATES":3qyjirl9 said:
The waiver system kinda sucks for the player. You really have no say where you go. Kinda dumb if you ask me forcing players to play for a terrible team that get the option first.

You're also describing the draft.

RCATES

Reaction score
Rat":lbji0shk said:
RCATES":lbji0shk said:

You're also describing the draft.

Say that to Eli Manning :) haha

The draft is different. I guess its a rare case to see a talented player in their prime get cut but I understand it with the circumstances. Its just silly that once cut the player has no say in where he goes to finish the season.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
a drunk Floyd is still better than a sober Kearse....Not sure what his contract was but surprised he fell to the last team...another weapon for Tom.

sutz

Reaction score
Actually, not a bad move by the Patsies. Any suspension won't be served until next year, so Floyd is available through the playoffs.