Celebrations

rlkats

Reaction score
Is it only me or does it seem like more and more players celebrate after every play? Celebrate after a TD or a sack or interception fine. But damn these guys catch a 10 yard pass or run for 15 yards and act like they just won the Super Bowl. Last time I checked they make millions of dollars to do this stuff. I wish they would just play ball and shut up sometimes.

If I see another rb act like he is eating a bowl of cereal I'm gonna flip lol.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rlkats":k4s71ver said:
Is it only me or does it seem like more and more players celebrate after every play? Celebrate after a TD or a sack or interception fine. But damn these guys catch a 10 yard pass or run for 15 yards and act like they just won the Super Bowl. Last time I checked they make millions of dollars to do this stuff. I wish they would just play ball and shut up sometimes.

If I see another rb act like he is eating a bowl of cereal I'm gonna flip lol.

He wont eat it...he hates everything....Mikey..He likes it. Hey Mikey...LOL

cymatica

Reaction score
I agree 100%, it really just looks pathetic after a while.

Maybe our players do it almost every play because not only do they have to overcome the defense, but also the o-line and bevels playcall :D

IndyHawk

Reaction score
There are a couple I don't care for ..The leap in GB is allowed but you cannot dunk a football?What the hell is that hand motion that Dallas RB does after every gain?It looks like taunting when you keep doing it..

JustTheTip

Reaction score
IndyHawk":11r9wnri said:
There are a couple I don't care for ..The leap in GB is allowed but you cannot dunk a football?What the hell is that hand motion that Dallas RB does after every gain?It looks like taunting when you keep doing it..

Not being allowed to dunk over the goalposts came about after a game was delayed in order to straighten a goalpost out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ok I get that now but the other stuff no..

djb28

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham acts like he won the Super Bowl every time he catches something.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I will say, never forget this idiot, who tore his ACL on a sack celebration while his team was down 48-23 late in the 4th quarter.

lamar-houston-injury-after-celebrating-sack-against-new-england.gif

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Maulbert":3tjp1agl said:
I will say, never forget this idiot, who tore his ACL on a sack celebration while his team was down 48-23 late in the 4th quarter.

lamar-houston-injury-after-celebrating-sack-against-new-england.gif

That is completely insane

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I saw a ND player score a TD and jumped up to do a chest bump and he came down just like the Bear player.The same result happened..Insane is correct,I never saw these injuries in years of celebrations till this decade..

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1ag8zjpc said:

I agree, I don't understand why Elliott feels the need to do it after every first down. I wish he would stop but I know that the GarrettBot doesn't have the cojones to step in and make him quit. He likes to preach "doing things the right way, Cowboy way blah blah blah" until it's a star player breaking the rules. Then the character thing gets to slide a little bit (i.e. Greg Hardy/Dez being late to multiple meetings resulting in no discipline yet cutting benchwarmers for not wearing ties). This is coming from a Cowboy fan btw.

Not to sound like the "get off my lawn" type, but it is becoming more and more about self promotion than actually helping your team win ball games. Not only do we have to do some selfish, egocentric elaborate celebration after every Touchdown but even if it penalizes and hurts the team, so what? I mean it's just SOOOOOO important that we get that camera time that giving the other team a free 15 yards is worth it.

razor150

Reaction score
The only time celebrations really bother me is when the team they are on is losing. Just comes a crossed as completely narcissistic. "Who cares that we are losing, I just improved my stats. Go me!"

253hawk

Reaction score
The NFL isn't even going to fine Cereal Boy for jumping into the Salvation Army donation pot...which is clearly using a prop and against the rules. They flip-flop on the enforcement of their own rules and regulations more than a presidential candidate does with their political stances.

It's a stupid rule, but if the NFL is going to be so harsh on 'fun', then enforce the damn rule equally.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Definitely the "me" generation in the house.

But isn't part of this the fact that the league doesn't let the players celebrate hardly at all, and if they do there are a dozen rules they have to abide by?

I think this has contributed to players taking any and all legal opportunities to celebrate even the smallest of plays.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
KimboBlubbeus":12kt9em2 said:
IndyHawk":12kt9em2 said:

I agree, I don't understand why Elliott feels the need to do it after every first down. I wish he would stop but I know that the GarrettBot doesn't have the cojones to step in and make him quit. He likes to preach "doing things the right way, Cowboy way blah blah blah" until it's a star player breaking the rules. Then the character thing gets to slide a little bit (i.e. Greg Hardy/Dez being late to multiple meetings resulting in no discipline yet cutting benchwarmers for not wearing ties). This is coming from a Cowboy fan btw.

Not to sound like the "get off my lawn" type, but it is becoming more and more about self promotion than actually helping your team win ball games. Not only do we have to do some selfish, egocentric elaborate celebration after every Touchdown but even if it penalizes and hurts the team, so what? I mean it's just SOOOOOO important that we get that camera time that giving the other team a free 15 yards is worth it.
Good post..It all makes sense now since you have better insight of the Cowboys than I do..To be fair though there are other teams players doing stupid stuff too it's just the Cowboys are on tv all the time so more see.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
I say let 'em go all out on the TD celebrations - 10 seconds of whatever you want - props, pelvic thrusts, moonwalk, whatever.

Celebrating after every play - not a fan. You caught a pass or ran the ball 15 yards. Good job, hand the ball to the ref and get your ass back in the huddle.

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
IndyHawk":25ky910e said:
Good post..It all makes sense now since you have better insight of the Cowboys than I do..To be fair though there are other teams players doing stupid stuff too it's just the Cowboys are on tv all the time so more see.

Yep, I'm one of the more cynical Cowboy fans, especially regarding Jason Garrett, so every time I get a chance to dog pile on him I take advantage lol.

But I know the Saints have had their share of guys this season who have been visibly animated over not getting their touches even when winning comfortably. This whole thing is probably due to the rise of fantasy football and players being able to interact with fans over social media. In general, I think the selfishness of players has gone way up in recent years leading to some hilarious dumb plays. My favorite is the guy who gets the game winning interception and tries to take it to the house when all that's needed is a simple kneel down. We see it every week.

The rules regarding celebrations seem to be vague while becoming more strict seemingly by the week. So if you're a player, why even risk the chance at all? I've said this before but if I were a coach I'd just go full John Wooden and ban everything that's not the generic high five/jump around with the teammates. This is simply due to the fact that the other team could get a free 15 yard penalty and it should NOT be that difficult to restrain yourself from doing some wild, preplanned choreographed nonsense.

Is it really asking that much to not hit the Booty Doo, Stanky Leg, etc after each touchdown?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
gowazzu02":q3acvk0d said:
lol.gif

253hawk":q3acvk0d said:
The NFL isn't even going to fine Cereal Boy for jumping into the Salvation Army donation pot...which is clearly using a prop and against the rules. They flip-flop on the enforcement of their own rules and regulations more than a presidential candidate does with their political stances.

It's a stupid rule, but if the NFL is going to be so harsh on 'fun', then enforce the damn rule equally.
Nah, that was too glorious a celebration to be fined. Like TO with the sharpie. No fine should ever occur for something that awesome. :les:

Latest posts