Cut Kearse to sign Victor Cruz this offseason?

Mizak

Reaction score
Should the Seahawks do it? Cruz has made it known he is not happy playing for the Giants. Eli doesn't throw at him anymore because of that Loud Mouth getting all the Attention and the receptions. There's talks the Giants will cut him.

Should the Seahawks, this coming offseason, cut Kearse to sign another cut WR in Victor Cruz? Is he an upgrade over Kearse? Would you guys want the Seahawks to do it?

drrew

Reaction score
Cutting Kearse this offseason is highly unlikely.

He carries a $4m cap number, and if cut, the cap savings are only $333k. There would be $3.67m, in dead cap costs. It's probably worth the $333k to see if he has any sort of bounce back.

After next season, he's gone, base salary jumps from $2.2m to $5m and they'll get that $5m in cap savings when he's cut.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Cruz was an awesome LT. Back as a gap-toothed seven year old somewhere in West Virginia, deep into the Smoky Mountains, in a peewee league where they played 3 string banjos made from gas cans, 2X4's, and nylon fishing line?

I say go or it, at this point we need all the help we can get!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If he's not getting targets now with Eli, what would make anyone think he'd get more with us? We simply aren't an "air-it-out" offense like the Saints or Falcons.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him somewhere like New England.

Bobblehead

Reaction score

Ilinoiseyhawk

Reaction score
If we're going to cut Kearse, then bring in someone else than Cruz. He's just been too spotty (healthy-wise) in his prime. I haven't really looked, but there are always 4-6 FA fringe WR2/high-end WR3 available every offseason. Surely we can find that's a better option that Kearse/Cruz.

massari

Reaction score
Josh Gordon on a cheap no guaranteed money contract if reinstated.

getnasty

Reaction score
massari":1r1lk92h said:
Josh Gordon on a cheap no guaranteed money contract if reinstated.

I like this idea much better. Kearse isn't going anywhere next year, but I will say I have a feeling he's gonna bounce back to end this season. Nothing like a demotion and some good old competition to get you going.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Alshon Jeffrey is the guy I would love to go after. Poor year this year but he has tons of ability.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2xewd066 said:
I read somewhere that Cruz was an awesome LT. Back as a gap-toothed seven year old somewhere in West Virginia, deep into the Smoky Mountains, in a peewee league where they played 3 string banjos made from gas cans, 2X4's, and nylon fishing line?

I say go or it, at this point we need all the help we can get!

Are ya shure that twaint Braided fishin line? Be bettah wif braided fishin line.

To the op...naw. We would use him wrong anyway.

rlkats

Reaction score
If Gordon would get his head right that would be the deadly deal.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
rlkats":3lycikh1 said:
If Gordon would get his head right that would be the deadly deal.

Would it matter?
If he doesn't, were in no better shape than we were with Kearse.
It's a win win situation.