Hey Okung

Largent80

Reaction score
Maybe you should have just stayed home.

“It’s just an instance where you have two guys who are very emotional and very competitive who really want what’s best for this team,” Okung said, refusing to divulge what he had planned to say to his teammates. “It’s not a big issue. At the end of the day we all want the same thing: We want to win games.”

Now you aren't in the playoffs and can watch your old team win it all.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, he could have stayed with the Hawks and heard a top CB blow up about the offense and save on moving expenses.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Still don't understand the need to run down former Seahawks players, much less ones that helped us win our first bowl. Okung was a total pro when with us and cast no dispersion on his way out the door. Was he injured more than we liked? Sure, but so what?

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":36bx2764 said:
Still don't understand the need to run down former Seahawks players, much less ones that helped us win our first bowl. Okung was a total pro when with us and cast no dispersion on his way out the door. Was he injured more than we liked? Sure, but so what?

Especially knowing that he is still actively involved in the Seattle area community.

Last Friday (Nov. 18), Okung was joined by the founder of Code.org, Hadi Partovi, where they worked side by side with students for an hour of coding while sharing their experiences and passion for education.

Both Okung and Partovi said they came from backgrounds that lacked in opportunity and resources.

“Imagine you’re in this neighborhood, you come from a single-parent family and everything around you is chaos. Imagine you’re stuck there, that you can’t muster up enough will or determination to get out of there,” Okung said.

http://b-townblog.com/2016/11/21/former ... gh-school/

Plus, he is currently working on a startup company in Seattle area with the help of other players.

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/te ... rtup-game/

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Is Okung going to bring us a high comp pick?

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
He basically played a one year deal for 5 mil. We could have easily matched that. I'm not ragging on the guy, just pointing out that his move cost him a spot in the playoffs (more money) and maybe another ring, but excuse me for having my opinion.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":7s6j3ycx said:
He basically played a one year deal for 5 mil. We could have easily matched that. I'm not ragging on the guy, just pointing out that his move cost him a spot in the playoffs (more money) and maybe another ring, but excuse me for having my opinion.

We offered him more.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Okung fancies himself smarter than he is. He desperately tried to win one for the players in the NFL is first and foremost a business debate but failed. He represented himself and didn't serve his best interests. Sure, his overall contract number looks high but Denver isn't bound to it. Can cut bait with him or renegotiate this off-season.

mikeak

Reaction score
Largent80":3doartng said:

Maybe he blamed Bevell for not winning a second ring so he wanted to leave? :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: