Another Bruce Arians slam.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
This is dumb.

It's a totally benign statement that's being misapplied to Nmkemdiche to try to spin something out of nothing.

Arians is talking about people opting not to play, and giving reasons why they might do that.

Nmkemdiche didn't opt not to play in the Sugar Bowl, he was suspended for it. It's totally unrelated.

And if people don't think Nmkemdiche's issues raised flags then they have no understanding of how he ended up sliding into the bottom of the first where those risks got weighed against potential rewards.

By pretending this is a "gotcha" quote the author is forced to pretend that no team ever weighs upside against flags when drafting players. It's just a stupid position to even pretend to take seriously.

(To be clear I'm going after the author of the piece, not the OP)

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":al5xofr6 said:
This is dumb.

It's a totally benign statement that's being misapplied to Nmkemdiche to try to spin something out of nothing.

Arians is talking about people opting not to play, and giving reasons why they might do that.

Nmkemdiche didn't opt not to play in the Sugar Bowl, he was suspended for it. It's totally unrelated.

And if people don't think Nmkemdiche's issues raised flags then they have no understanding of how he ended up sliding into the bottom of the first where those risks got weighed against potential rewards.

By pretending this is a "gotcha" quote the author is forced to pretend that no team ever weighs upside against flags when drafting players. It's just a stupid position to even pretend to take seriously.

Hey, no worries. I just thought it was funny.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2bc8pn3j said:
This is dumb.

I agree.
A mountain is being made out of a mole hill.

rigelian

Reaction score
This is a poorly reasoned article. Now mind you, I agree with McCaffrey's decision, everyone else is making money in College football except the players so I can't complain about a player protecting his future potential to earn money, however comparing someone who is suspended with someone who is rationally protecting their own interests does not make sense.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk