Detroit Lions vs. Dallas Cowboys on MNF

MrThortan

Reaction score
I don't like either of these teams. But, it should be a good game, has playoff implications and I love football. Soon I will be begging for preseason to start. Guess I will suffer through it :D

Rat

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Lions. If they win this week and then lose to Green Bay, we're likely hosting Detroit in the playoffs rather than the Giants.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Welp. Detroit finally got a stop with a sack and a false start on the Cowboys.

And it's so weird--I find myself cheering great plays by the Lions against the Cowboys even though I want the Cowboys to win the game. That deep-seeded distaste for the Cowboys dies hard.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Lions offense is legit. I think everything has finally clicked this year for Stafford.

Don't we want cowboys to win to push the lions down?

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
mistaowen":1rmtzey6 said:
Lions offense is legit. I think everything has finally clicked this year for Stafford.

Don't we want cowboys to win to push the lions down?

Yes, we really do. Otherwise we'd then need the Packers to beat the Lions down next week, thus giving them the division. Still, if that happens and we still beat the 49ers, we'd have at least the #3 seed.

So yeah, a Lions loss this week would be better than one next week, at least in my opinion. We need them to lose at least one of two, so take your poison how you will.

Rat

Reaction score
If the Lions win next week it knocks Green Bay out of the playoffs. I think Seattle would be happy about that. The Lions are good, but not "avoid playing them at all costs" good.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Rat":ap2z8jkm said:
If the Lions win next week it knocks Green Bay out of the playoffs. I think Seattle would be happy about that. The Lions are good, but not "avoid playing them at all costs" good.

Not necessarily. If Tampa Bay and Washington both lose, Green Bay will be the #6 seed, even with a loss. It'll give the division to the Lions, and the last wild card spot to Green Bay.

Green Bay and Detroit are both in the driver's seat for that last wild card spot no matter what. And one of them will win the division.

Rat

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":d0tgv6sd said:
Rat":d0tgv6sd said:

Not necessarily. If Tampa Bay and Washington both lose, Green Bay will be the #6 seed, even with a loss. It'll give the division to the Lions, and the last wild card spot to Green Bay.

Green Bay and Detroit are both in the driver's seat for that last wild card spot no matter what. And one of them will win the division.

I've been messing around with it on the ESPN playoff machine. In a situation where Detroit wins the next two weeks, Green Bay still gets the #6 if the Redskins lose. It doesn't seem to matter what the Bucs do. Skins-Giants should be a good game, although the Giants don't have much to play for.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Rat":3c2p3ycr said:
Seahawk Sailor":3c2p3ycr said:
Rat":3c2p3ycr said:

I've been messing around with it on the ESPN playoff machine. In a situation where Detroit wins the next two weeks, Green Bay still gets the #6 if the Redskins lose. It doesn't seem to matter what the Bucs do. Skins-Giants should be a good game, although the Giants don't have much to play for.

Buccaneers are still in the hunt. They have to win out and have the Packers and Redskins lose, though. Or the Lions and Redskins. I'm not sure about tie-breakers there.

Huh. On screwing around with the ESPN Playoff Machine, I can't seem to get Tampa Bay into the playoffs either. It has to do with some outrageous tie-breakers with a bunch of other games, but I can't find it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Neither defense is worth a crap. Stanford is an idiot for throwing across his body into triple coverage.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I've been playing this in the background and pretty sure I heard the announcers say something about Dallas scoring 14 TDs in their last 14 trips into the red zone. Did I hear that right? If so, it's now 16 out of 16 and that is the difference between them and us.

Maybe I heard it wrong.