Buffalo fires the Ryan Brothers.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm curious what the rationale is to fire somebody with one week left. Why not just let them play it out?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Eh....probably making a statement that there is a job opening....Yall come down hea and interview fer this....

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Look up dysfunction in the dictionary and you'll see the Bills organization of late. 18 year playoff drought going back to the day that they benched the number 1 QB Flutie for a tall guy with a headband, (may as well have been horse blinders), with the nickname "Robosack".

It was also announced today that they would bench their starting QB Tyrod Taylor for the final game of the season and instead bring in someone taller. The taller guy doesn't have a headband, but he absolutely sucks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Rex as a DC is all I think he can do..The other brother well he sucks

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rex Ryan is a genuinely good defensive coach who likes to put himself in the headlines way too much. Rob Ryan has coasted his entire career on his father's reputation. He's had a top 5 defense only once in 13 years as a DC.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":fr0azw1a said:
Eh....probably making a statement that there is a job opening....Yall come down hea and interview fer this....
I know a guy that would be perfect for that gig. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":3183snre said:
Rex Ryan is a genuinely good defensive coach who likes to put himself in the headlines way too much. Rob Ryan has coasted his entire career on his father's reputation. He's had a top 5 defense only once in 13 years as a DC.
It's funny, the Cowboys fan at work is still pissed Jerruh fired him a few years back. I just sit back and laugh.

NINEster

Reaction score
Palmegranite":1817b1q0 said:
Look up dysfunction in the dictionary and you'll see the Bills organization of late. 18 year playoff drought going back to the day that they benched the number 1 QB Flutie for a tall guy with a headband, (may as well have been horse blinders), with the nickname "Robosack".

It was also announced today that they would bench their starting QB Tyrod Taylor for the final game of the season and instead bring in someone taller. The taller guy doesn't have a headband, but he absolutely sucks.

I'm sensing some metaphors to Wilson here.... :mrgreen:

Hey, just wanted .NET to know that I'm a short dude myself.....about 6" shorter than Wilson, so hopefully ya'll can sympathize with the garbage short guys have to deal with in real life and not just for your QB with a potentially justifiable slight in the NFL. :2thumbs:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3kel1nqa said:

Agree. The various HC openings are already becoming known, so Bills probably wanted to be on the early list.

Who do we already have:

Rams
Jags

Chargers almost certainly, if not announced yet.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
ESPN had a list of potential candidates (per Shefter) for the Bills (and other) coaching vacancy. On this list: Tom Cable.

No Bevel, but Cable. All I could think was "YES PLEASE, BUFFALO, TAKE HIM!!!"

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
At least one of the Ryan brothers has emerged from a grim December in Buffalo to interview for a coaching position in 2017.

The Redskins confirmed Monday that they spoke with Rob Ryan for their defensive coordinator vacancy. Ryan, 54, last served as the assistant head coach/defense for his twin brother Rex. Both were let go a week before the season ended. Ryan last ran a defense back in 2015 with the Saints.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... sf51201537