Chances that brees lights the falcons up?

RussB

Reaction score
We need the saints to win. No secret here, how big a chance of that though? Drew brees is one of the best qb's and can straight up light teams up when hes hot.

They are already eliminated from the playoffs though and might not even show up. Hope fully falcons choke and gift the #2 seed to the hawks lol.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Division rival they will show up and play hard - and there is no quit in Brees.
I think they are very able to pull of a win against Atlanta.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I also think it depends on whether the Saints defense can show up too. If they can stop Matt Ryan from piling up crazy yards, then they'll have a chance to pull it off.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
5% chance.

The Falcons are the much better team and at home are beastly. If the game were in New Orleans I'd be much more confident, not so much in Atlanta.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah the Saints defense against the best offense in football, I'm not liking the chances.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Saints will play hard to close out the season on a winning note. Brees will need to put up a lot of points to keep the Saints in the game.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Brees is quietly having another monster year. It's like we are just to expect him getting 5,000 yards with 35-40 TDs a year at this point. It's too bad he has only had a somewhat decent defense maybe once or twice in his career.

I see them scoring 25-30 against the Falcons, just a matter of their defense not being garbage.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
raisethe3":iblgc1vm said:
I also think it depends on whether the Saints defense can show up too. If they can stop Matt Ryan from piling up crazy yards, then they'll have a chance to pull it off.
Saints D is the key.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Atlanta has a great D?Why wouldn't the Saints have better than a small chance ..We will see

Cyrus12

Reaction score
no way falcons lose...saints got nothing to play for...no point in trying hard to get hurt all winter.

mikeak

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3hjsu156 said:
no way falcons lose...saints got nothing to play for...no point in trying hard to get hurt all winter.

Saints vs Atlanta - Saints will play hard. The feud is strong between the two

summesm

Reaction score
RussB":dze91yya said:
We need the saints to win. No secret here, how big a chance of that though? Drew brees is one of the best qb's and can straight up light teams up when hes hot.

They are already eliminated from the playoffs though and might not even show up. Hope fully falcons choke and gift the #2 seed to the hawks lol.
will only be a gift if we can win on the road. I know its the niners but the way this season has gone who knows.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Cyrus12":wok94fqw said:

MEh, thats a losers mentality. Arizona sure didn't "try to not get hurt" last week vs us with nothing to play for.

mikeak

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1mn49bt3 said:
Cyrus12":1mn49bt3 said:

MEh, thats a losers mentality. Arizona sure didn't "try to not get hurt" last week vs us with nothing to play for.

Agreed - very few teams out of the playoffs rests players and many players are motivated to finish strong / get a new contract.

On the other hand - teams going into the playoffs are already thinking about that and gameplanning for it and players don't want to get injured before the playoffs.

In week 17 it is certainly possible it is the opposite effect vs what you expect

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3i9ktkvy said:

The Saints will show up, unfortunately so will the Falcons.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1mjozbuz said:
Cyrus12":1mjozbuz said:

The Saints will show up, unfortunately so will the Falcons.

Maybe, but they get down a couple of scores and I guarantee they start packing up for the off season before halftime. No one wants to spend their off season time off injured...especially free agents or star players. Maybe the guys fighting for jobs next year will show up.

aawolf

Reaction score
Any way we could loan them Graham for one game? Its a win/win because we can show Bevell how to use him and we could tilt the field to get a ticket to a first round bye!