Chip Kelly For OC

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I've heard he goes to NE after McDaniels gets a HC gig. Just a rumour. :smilingalien:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely not. First off, "his" offense was inherited from his predecessor and doesn't show any originality on his part. Second, the only reason it worked in college was that the constant-hurry-up would take a toll on the parts of the opponents that weren't elite. Since everyone in the NFL was the most elite person for their position at every level (Pee-Wee, Jr High, High School, College) it is destined to fail at the NFL level. Which has happened at two consecutive teams. I don't understand why people can't see what's in front of their faces.

rlkats

Reaction score
Did you guys not watch ANY Niners games? He has 0 second half adjustment ability at all. His deal is to score a ton of points and hope the D wins the second half. There were many games this year where the Niners were close or winning by the start of the second half only to get destroyed by a million 3 and outs.

Foghawk

Reaction score
RussB":xts65h64 said:
They should look at mike mccoy as well.

McCoy would be a much better choice IMO. In fact, he is probably my 1st choice if Bevell is gone after this season. I think he's a good fit all around to work under Pete.

I don't think Kelly would be a good fit, I think he goes back to college as a HC.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Kelly has too much hubris to become a coordinator under someone else. Rest assured, he'll be hired and begin stealing money from another organization soon.

sutz

Reaction score
:34853_doh:
Sorry, but not every coach can make the transition from College to Pro. I think Chip Kelly has proven that he is one of those kinds of coaches.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Here's the problem with this for me.

I'd like to give him a try @ OC

BUT.........

I would NEVER want him as a HC, and I'd be worried that he may get the job if/when PC moves on or retires.

With that said, I vote no :{)

SF49r

Reaction score
He's a great X's and O's guy but a terrible head coach. I think he'd make a great OC though.

Largent80

Reaction score
There is no sense whatsoever in bringing in a new O.C. UNLESS the O.L. coach and his ZBS goes with him.

It would be just more of the same.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Chip could be a good OC candidate I think but he's way in over his head at the NFL level to be a HC. His defense has been ATROCIOUS. He either needs to accept this and start over as just OC or head back to college where his style/vision works.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
No no..I couldn't stand watching our offense, bob up and down, look around, shake the ground, before the hike.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Largent80":34yrzxua said:
There is no sense whatsoever in bringing in a new O.C. UNLESS the O.L. coach and his ZBS goes with him.

It would be just more of the same.
My guess is that if Pete hires a new OC he'll give him leeway in selecting his own assistants.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No way Kelly and Pete could exist in the same facility.

Pete has always hired coaches and coordinators who have a VERY clear understanding of who's in charge, him. Kelly has one of the biggest ego's in sports, no way in hell he'd even accept an OC job under a coach like Pete.

My guess is he goes back to college, or accepts an OC job with a first year coach that gives him total control over running the offense.

mikeak

Reaction score
rlkats":161tqlfr said:
His deal is to score a ton of points and hope the D wins the second half. .

Our deal is to score very few points and hope the D wins the second half......

So sounds like an upgrade :)

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
On the field, I don't think it would be a terrible fit. I would still want somebody else because his offense is very limited but it would be an upgrade with what the Seahawks currently have. That, and the fact that they have a mobile quarterback shows that it could be a fit.

However, in the locker room, it seems like a disaster waiting to happen. I could never see Carroll and him getting along. Plus, he makes zero adjustments and the offense will eventually be exploited. That will lead to a bunch of 3 and outs and the best defense in football will become tired and ineffective. At that point, I could see guys like Sherman and Bennett calling him out.