Poor Niners.

TAB420

Reaction score
Chip Kelly wanted to draft Prescott but essentially got vetoed by GM Trent Baalke.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
Would he have shined without that Dallas line?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TAB420":1fiq1261 said:
He would have been adequate IMHO, but when you have 18 seconds to throw the ball (like he does in little D) it covers up a lot of flaws.

RedAlice

Reaction score
TAB420":19rl9vw6 said:

Zeke was one of the luckiest players drafted. I love watching him play, but I am pretty sure there are many players drafted to bad o-lines that woulda been entertaining to us as fans as well if it were not for the general horrid state of most O-lines.

We have a massive lack of O-line play across many teams.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Prescott had the balls factor in college. No, he wouldn't have put up the same numbers, but he would have won the starting job, no question.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":20wqljas said:
Prescott had the balls factor in college. No, he wouldn't have put up the same numbers, but he would have won the starting job, no question.
I think so too.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/816115527395328000[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/816115862834847744[/tweet]

RedAlice

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":229pgdd5 said:

I don't in general watch college football.

I did, however, tonight watch the USC game with my client who graduated from there. He even had on USC socks! He is as adorable dorkable about them as I am re Rams, so I was all in rooting with him.

Holy Hell - that QB baby little dude is real football! I enjoyed myself, and was impressed outa my own socks at that dude - he is a QB.

The simple evil in his eyes when he was losing, the never giving up, the just that.

He better play 3 years of college ball. but whoever drafts him, good on them. Little baller child.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
There are so many RB's that'd put up similar numbers as Elliot behind Dallas' oline. Now if you put David Johnson or Bell behind that line, that's a totally different story.

rlkats

Reaction score
Not to say I don't care but there is a ton of issues with both Blake nd Chip. Blake couldn't draft to save his life and Chip seemed very unprepared every game. Ya Kelly fixed his issues from Philly ( 49ers players love him) but his offense was to easy to figure out and never changed. Hence why they are gone and deserve to be gone. Oh by the way the Niners owe him a crap ton of money. Sooooooo who really lost?

chris98251

Reaction score
rlkats":1jpub3hb said:
Not to say I don't care but there is a ton of issues with both Blake nd Chip. Blake couldn't draft to save his life and Chip seemed very unprepared every game. Ya Kelly fixed his issues from Philly ( 49ers players love him) but his offense was to easy to figure out and never changed. Hence why they are gone and deserve to be gone. Oh by the way the Niners owe him a crap ton of money. Sooooooo who really lost?

Jed will just charge those Soccer players parents, next season they will need to buy PSL for their seats, it's all good.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think Prescott was ever a real option.

With all of the alcohol related issues the team has had, the DUI during the draft process probably killed any chance the Niners had of taking him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":3fcxv8zt said:
Honestly I don't think Prescott was ever a real option.

With all of the alcohol related issues the team has had, the DUI during the draft process probably killed any chance the Niners had of taking him.

Yep. This a million times over. TBH I wouldn't be at all surprised if after the DUI he was taken off the 9ers board entirely.

And a double TBH: dollars to donuts this was a story leaked by Chip or his team to try to save any shred of reputation he has in landing another NFL gig.

TBF I don't like Kelly but think he got a very raw deal in all of this. The 9ers only chance to attract any talent at all is to give a new GM/coach team and to give them the keys and a clean slate, meaning Kelly had to go to even if he wasn't the real sinner. It sucks for him no doubt, but makes sense.

xgeoff

Reaction score
RedAlice":1u6z7tvn said:
TAB420":1u6z7tvn said:

Zeke was one of the luckiest players drafted. I love watching him play, but I am pretty sure there are many players drafted to bad o-lines that woulda been entertaining to us as fans as well if it were not for the general horrid state of most O-lines.

We have a massive lack of O-line play across many teams.

So true. Certainly Zeke and Prescott have talent, and they have maximized the opportunities that the Dallas O-line has given them. But there is a serious lack of offensive line talent around the league. There are only a few lines that look good:

1. Dallas -- They just seem physically dominating

2. Green Bay -- These guys hold on every play, but they do it smartly. Evidently holding is legal in the NFL if you do it properly:
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/9/28 ... ns-packers

3. New England -- Can't explain why they are so good year after year. I think just really good coaching.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RedAlice":wgp2cscc said:
5_Golden_Rings":wgp2cscc said:

I don't in general watch college football.

I did, however, tonight watch the USC game with my client who graduated from there. He even had on USC socks! He is as adorable dorkable about them as I am re Rams, so I was all in rooting with him.

Holy Hell - that QB baby little dude is real football! I enjoyed myself, and was impressed outa my own socks at that dude - he is a QB.

The simple evil in his eyes when he was losing, the never giving up, the just that.

He better play 3 years of college ball. but whoever drafts him, good on them. Little baller child.
Are you talking about Sam Darnold? If so that kid is the next great one, in my opinion.