LMAO Baalke

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
NINEster":9hdnasy6 said:
I've defended the guy out of Niner pride and got called for it here, and will have to take my lumps now....

But even people here couldn't have predicted this nonsense:

http://www.knbr.com/2017/01/02/baalkes- ... is-firing/

So hilarious.......I wish this is just the tip of the iceberg! :mrgreen:

:2thumbs:

You are correct, this is kinda funny. Can they hire him back as an offensive coordinator? :twisted:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
NINEster":11vfmjsv said:
I've defended the guy out of Niner pride and got called for it here, and will have to take my lumps now....

You're a 9ers fan though.

Instead of laughing at Baalke you should be recoiling in horror that York and Marathe are once again leaking disparaging invectives about a former employee in a case in which they absolutely don't need to do so. (Has ANYONE been clamoring for an explanation as to why Baalke was let go?)

What coach or GM is going to want to sign up for a situation in which the owner has repeatedly shown the insistence on anonymously throwing people under the bus before both before and after firing them?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Good point PopeyeJones. I suppose in this case, the resume' goes both ways.....leader/owner and Coaching staff. Who would want to work for a backstabbing prick if you dont have to?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
This clown and your owner are complete morons. First they run Harbaugh out of town. Next hire someone completely unqualified to be head coach then hire Chip Kelly (after the dumpster fire he started in Philadelphia). Its like this is their second job and do 49er stuff on their free time. Also, Baalke has been, in some form, employed with the 49ers for 11 yrs. It took this long to figure out his communication skills are lacking. What an embarrassment to the NFL. SMH.

chris98251

Reaction score
Scot is sitting in Washington laughing his ass off right now.

rlkats

Reaction score
chris98251":3rpehq54 said:

Harbaugh is in Michigan doing the same.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":3uhyb1re said:

I always took him for more of a sullen drunk than a happy drunk. ;)

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":n1xo50yc said:

I beg to differ.

Many here predicted what a trainwreck Baalke has been.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
30 million dollars.

That's what's owed to romsula, Kelly and baalke for not working now.

Thirty million. It's like that scene in Breaking Bad where Jesse throws $5 million into the streets of Albuquerque only to have it come back to him.

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
Popeyejones":35bs7dri said:
NINEster":35bs7dri said:

You're a 9ers fan though.

Instead of laughing at Baalke you should be recoiling in horror that York and Marathe are once again leaking disparaging invectives about a former employee in a case in which they absolutely don't need to do so. (Has ANYONE been clamoring for an explanation as to why Baalke was let go?)

What coach or GM is going to want to sign up for a situation in which the owner has repeatedly shown the insistence on anonymously throwing people under the bus before both before and after firing them?

You bring a good point. I am not at all glowing with excitement like I was after beating the Steelers when the lights went out in 2011 with the realization that we actually have a Super Bowl caliber team. I'm still resigned to the fact we have York and his idiot sidekick Marathe who shouldn't be putting out this garbage.

At the same time I can't imagine these comments are exaggerated that much. It feels very realistic for a Niner fan who has followed the team closely.

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
Maulbert":32v39tuk said:
NINEster":32v39tuk said:

I beg to differ.

Many here predicted what a trainwreck Baalke has been.

Did you read the link or just follow up on commentary?

It had very little to do with player acquisition ability, which is all Hawk fan haters have been talking s*** about these last few years. Hawk fans on .NET never really commented on that, and why would they.

Would be like me as a Niner fan saying we knew not only would Percy Harvin not contribute at a high value but would also be a locker room cancer. :2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":12h53r9h said:
30 million dollars.

Thirty million. It's like that scene in Breaking Bad where Jesse throws $5 million into the streets of Albuquerque only to have it come back to him.

Yep, which is further confirmation that the "Jed is cheap" meme that's so popular here has never made any sense.

He's a young, dumb, impulsive, backstabbing twit who is too easily influenced by people around him and horribly out of his depth, but he is not, and has never been cheap.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":187pnioh said:
SantaClaraHawk":187pnioh said:
30 million dollars.

Yep, which is further confirmation that the "Jed is cheap" meme that's so popular here has never made any sense.

He's a young, dumb, impulsive, backstabbing twit who is too easily influenced by people around him and horribly out of his depth, but he is not, and has never been cheap.

Hilarious Popeye,

I think there's a compliment in there somewhere.

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ttrb7ssa said:
SantaClaraHawk":ttrb7ssa said:
30 million dollars.

I never understood the concept of NFL owners being cheap as a general meme of sorts......I've heard it outside of the Niner organization and it's comical wherever it's mentioned.

Billionaire owners have money that mere mortals cannot process, in a business that has a level of glamour to it as well. Jed's dead $30 million affects his family less than a typical business owner paying his best employee $200k instead of $150k (an actual working employee mind you, not a severance). This isn't running an architecture firm or electrical contractor business.

Not paying for players because an owner is/was "cheap" didn't make much sense before the salary cap and makes even less sense since it came out.

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3m3b72dc said:
Popeyejones":3m3b72dc said:
SantaClaraHawk":3m3b72dc said:
30 million dollars.

Hilarious Popeye,

I think there's a compliment in there somewhere.

Yeah, the compliment is that York would definitely pay an elite head coach $10 million/year if he knew for a fact he was the real deal long term given how "cheap" that would be in the grand scheme of things.

xgeoff

Reaction score
NINEster":4q7d9ww4 said:

I just don't know why, as a Niners fan, you would defend this guy. He, along with York, has damaged your franchise. I am angry on your behalf and I don't even like your team. I just hate seeing people that are so entitled and so incompetent. I guess it's easier cause you can always just rest on the laurels of the distant past, or even the not-so-distant past under Harbaugh but, jeez, what a trainwreck this guy has been.

I've actually liked the last two Niners coaches, probably because they were mostly harmless. Tomfula was really good comic relief. But York and Baalke are two guys who strike me as emblematic of those who are born on third base believing they hit a triple.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
NINEster":1dxhg76k said:

What madness made you defend Baalke? I bleed red and gold and wantedhim tarred and feathered since 2013... heck maybe earlier. Whenever that trade rumor stuff started I was already disliking him. A.J. Jenkins really got it started for me.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":13b9owvq said:
NINEster":13b9owvq said:

What madness made you defend Baalke? I bleed red and gold and wantedhim tarred and feathered since 2013... heck maybe earlier. Whenever that trade rumor stuff started I was already disliking him. A.J. Jenkins really got it started for me.

There's things I'll defend Baalke for.

DEFEND:

*The draft is a crapshoot. The geniuses of a couple years become the dunces of the next couple years. It's just all random. You get fired for having a bad string but everyone everywhere has them.

*That said, amassing picks is the optimal draft strategy, and Naalke did that better than anyone. It didn't work out, but the strategy is correct.

*Sitting out the top or FA is also the optimal strategy, and under Baalke the 9ers did that save for once (Torrey Smith -- they should have sat out the top of that market too).

* red shirting injury players given the talent on the team at the time was a great strategy to gain draft value. Again, it didn't work, but strategically it was correct.

CAN'T DEFEND:

*For as much as I can give credit for Baalke behaving rationally in all those other ways, his love of DBs to the detriment of the rest of the team was irrational. He's a former DB coach, and his insistence on taking multiple DBs a year over other positions was just dumb.

*The leaks: was this Baalke, York, or Parag? It doesn't really matter, as all three of them let it go on, so Baalke gets some of the blame for that.

*The biggest thing I can't defend about him is his relational failings. Be it with coaches or the numerous players (Gore, Kap, Crabs, Davis) who he had relationships that were bad enough to make it into the media, a person who can't get along with other people just can't run a team. Belicheck is an @sshole, but he doesn't have people publicly refusing to work with him.