Gruden Fires Entire Defensive Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNjHawk

Reaction score
My god! Why cannot Pete and John see the light and get rid of Bevell. Gruden said his first call will be to Gus Bradley. If they keep Bevell after this season I truly believe he will remain until Pete quits! God Help us All!!!

StoneCold

Reaction score
I must be slipping as I didn't see this as an anti Bevell thread. My bad.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
StoneCold":2xq37e5i said:
I must be slipping as I didn't see this as an anti Bevell thread. My bad.
Nope, you weren't slipping, 'nobody would see that coming!' :D

If Richard does leave and Bradley gets taken by Gruden then.. well that would limit replacement possibilities.

OP
OP
I

IrishNjHawk

Reaction score
Just saying that coordinators get fired all of the time. I respect that Pete is loyal to his coaches, but c'mon when the guy cannot get the ball to Jimmy G there is a problem. I am not saying all of the blame is on Bevell because the OL is horrible. However, what about instead of a bubble screen we throw some slants? Plays that get the ball out of RWIII's hands quickly. He gives up on the run game after 1 or 2 negative plays. If Buddy Ryan was our D Coordinator Bevell would have been knocked halfway to Hawaii!!!

StoneCold

Reaction score
IrishNjHawk":2e1bxjv3 said:
Just saying that coordinators get fired all of the time. I respect that Pete is loyal to his coaches, but c'mon when the guy cannot get the ball to Jimmy G there is a problem. I am not saying all of the blame is on Bevell because the OL is horrible. However, what about instead of a bubble screen we throw some slants? Plays that get the ball out of RWIII's hands quickly. He gives up on the run game after 1 or 2 negative plays. If Buddy Ryan was our D Coordinator Bevell would have been knocked halfway to Hawaii!!!

Usually those coordinators are not on teams that have made the playoffs 5 years in a row. Just saying.

OP
OP
I

IrishNjHawk

Reaction score
Usually a coordinator worth anything is given a head coaching job or is wanted by another team! Does it not seem odd to you that he gets passed over or never even considered??? Ill take Wisenhut or McCoy over Bevell any day of the week!

mikeak

Reaction score
I was like "is John Gruden back to coaching???"

Then I realized that I knew but forgot that there is another Gruden working more making less......

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I dislike DB's coaching ability more than most here, but can we please not turn every topic/thread into a DB thread as there are already enough of those to post in.

Status
Not open for further replies.