Awful Wild Card Round

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Unless something crazy happens in the GB game, it looks like four blowouts. Can't remember the last time the WC round was this uninteresting.

Raiders didn't even resemble an NFL team with Cook at QB.

Lions played like how the Lions usually play.

Dolphins didn't even show up.

Giants got rolled in the second half.

Home teams dominated. The next round should be better. But man that was a boring round of playoffs. You probably have to go back at least 5-10 year to find a worst WC round.

Rat

Reaction score
At least our game was still undecided heading into the fourth. The other three were terrible.

If Oakland had Carr and Penn, the game still would have been unwatchable, just for a different reason.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Carr getting injuried really ruined the AFC playoffs for me. I don't see any team challenging the Pats. Chiefs are good but Pats will scheme Tyreek HIll out and Alex Smith isn't beating Tom Brady at home. Steelers offense is awesome but Pats will drop 40 of their defense. They'll be able to sleepwalk to the SB I think.

At least NFC looks to be two good games next week.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
mistaowen":1r37t708 said:
Carr getting injuried really ruined the AFC playoffs for me. I don't see any team challenging the Pats. Chiefs are good but Pats will scheme Tyreek HIll out and Alex Smith isn't beating Tom Brady at home. Steelers offense is awesome but Pats will drop 40 of their defense. They'll be able to sleepwalk to the SB I think.

Steelers vs Pats for AFC
Cowboys/Packers vs ATL if we dont make it

That would be god awful, id have to cheer for ATL to win it all

The Pathetic thing though...from the AFC side...is since 2000

Superbowl Appearances (16)
6- Pats
3- Steelers
2- Broncos, Ravens, Colts
1- Raiders

And you can pretty much pencil in number 7 for the Pats or 4 for the Steelers this year IMO

THIS is why I hate the AFC. Brady, Big Ben, and Peyton have represented the AFC 13 times.....so annoying. Flacco twice and Gannon I think once.

Compare that to the NFC side

3- Seahawks, Giants
2- Panthers
1- Packers, 49ers, Saints, Bucs, Cards, Bears, Eagles, Rams

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: gb played lights out today. Regardless of refs Rodgers throwing four deep passes was a feat.

mikeak

Reaction score
mistaowen":2fcab8bh said:

Really? I think KC and Pittsburgh both will be tough outs. They may win but certainly won't be easy

NFC has four good teams left so will be tight.

Just the way the WC matchups worked out I think. Miami without the QB that got them there. GB playing real well and Oakland being real unlucky with injuries really late in season

Polaris

Reaction score
Rat":3g34j2i9 said:
At least our game was still undecided heading into the fourth. The other three were terrible.

If Oakland had Carr and Penn, the game still would have been unwatchable, just for a different reason.

No it wasn't. It was abundantly clear before halftime that Detroit was not going to be able to win that game regardless of the score. Given how relentlessly Seattle pounded Detroit with it's running game (with no answer from Detroit), and given the ineffectiveness of the Detroit offense in the little time they did have the ball, the game was entirely one-sided. The only question was how long it took for Detroit to get so completely worn down that the points would flood in Seattle's direction.

Don't buy the national narrative and the score. Anyone that actually watched the game knew that the Seattle game as as one-sided as all the rest. Strange as it is to say about a 20pt win, the score was closer than the game.

sutz

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3aw6iumi said:
Unpopular opinion: gb played lights out today. Regardless of refs Rodgers throwing four deep passes was a feat.
True, but if the Giants WRs hadn't stone-handed a half dozen throws, it might at least have been closer.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
All the games sucked. None were even close to being competitive.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3n80b1ac said:
All the games sucked. None were even close to being competitive.

Hey you'll never catch me saying a game in which we win by 20 sucked......

mikeak

Reaction score
Polaris":c4z5j80z said:
Rat":c4z5j80z said:

No it wasn't. It was abundantly clear before halftime that Detroit was not going to be able to win that game regardless of the score. Given how relentlessly Seattle pounded Detroit with it's running game (with no answer from Detroit), and given the ineffectiveness of the Detroit offense in the little time they did have the ball, the game was entirely one-sided. The only question was how long it took for Detroit to get so completely worn down that the points would flood in Seattle's direction.

Don't buy the national narrative and the score. Anyone that actually watched the game knew that the Seattle game as as one-sided as all the rest. Strange as it is to say about a 20pt win, the score was closer than the game.

Funny after watching Seattle come back against Carolina and Atlanta in the playoffs in games which we were dominated I have never felt that a one score game is "abundantly" clear as it relates to the outcome.

You watch the Atlanta regular season game this year and in halftime you felt like it was over. Seattle was crushing them

Then you look at the end and you would probably have changed your mind about it being over in halftime

sutz

Reaction score
mikeak":33trfpxq said:
You watch the Atlanta regular season game this year and in halftime you felt like it was over. Seattle was crushing them

Then you look at the end and you would probably have changed your mind about it being over in halftime
Or the GB playoff game a couple of years ago. We were down by two scores and Wilson threw a pick with 5 minutes left in the 4th. We still came back and won it.

It ain't over til it's over. Seattle team is used to playing tight games. It's usually what they do. They seldom lose, and hardly ever by more than one score. But they also don't necessarily win by a ton either.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2khuz09l said:
Raiders didn't even resemble an NFL team with Cook at QB.

Most teams don't when they are down to their 3rd string QB.

But yeah, the games this weekend were not very good. I mean, I certainly enjoyed the Seahawks game, but I don't imagine many non Seahawk fans thought that was a very good game either.

I fully expect the games to be much better this weekend, with the notable exception of the HOU @ NE game. Houston is gonna get curb stomped.

Polaris

Reaction score
mikeak":359zan1m said:
Polaris":359zan1m said:
Rat":359zan1m said:

Funny after watching Seattle come back against Carolina and Atlanta in the playoffs in games which we were dominated I have never felt that a one score game is "abundantly" clear as it relates to the outcome.

I get what you are trying to say but I still disagree. In the case of Carolina, I always felt (and knew) that Seattle had the octane to get back in it even down by 38 points once they woke up. As dominating as the Panthers were in most respects, they weren't physically taking over the game.

Likewise with Atlanta earlier this season, everyone knew that Atlanta had a potentially explosive offense.

None of that was true or is true for Detroit. Seattle was physically abusing the Lions all game long. Forget the score, without something really strange, the outcome of the game was never in doubt after the first quarter. IMHO those that say otherwise are trying to sell a narrative that simply isn't true.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What we saw this weekend is what most experts have been saying all year, very few great teams in 2016...........so that's what we saw, a lot of average teams like the Lions, Giants, Texans and Raiders in the wildcard round because someone had to make it.