Help with my survivor pool

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
So, I'm still alive in my pool at work. Made it through the regular season without a loss. There are three of us that went undefeated, and eight total still going. The rules changed in the playoffs such that everyone is one and done (no mulligans issued). Also, you can not pick the same team twice. I chose Houston in the wild card weekend games.

This weeks obvious pick is New England, but I want to save them for the Superbowl. That really leaves me with some tough choices. Out of all of the games, I'm leaning towards the Stealers beating the Chiefs.

What team would you pick?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
If you want to save NE for later than the Cowboys might be a good bet. Falcons - Seahawks and Chiefs - Steelers are too close to call, while I have the Cowboys as slight favorites over the Packers. I also doubt that they beat the winner of Falcons - Seahawks due to their reliance on rookies Dak and Zeke.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Would not under any circumstances touch the Cowboys as the Packers are white hot right now.

I can see why you'd want to save NE for later, I'm sure the bulk of your league will take them this week too.

I'd take Pittsburgh or Atlanta probably.

OP
OP
Sparkchaser737

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
My thinking is a Falcons - New England superbowl, with the Falcons winning it.

Picking Pittsburgh this week, New England next week. That will leave me the Falcons . If for some miracle the Hawks make it that far, I'll have them in the superbowl.

As you said, most people will probably go with New England this week.

mikeak

Reaction score
So you are saying someone that lost during the regular season but was let back in is one-and-done just like you so could beat you?

Seems dumb

There will never be as clear cut a favorite as Patriots this weekend so it is the one I personally would use

Patriots against Pitt or KC in the next round and I don't know that they win that game.......

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sounds like a multi-strike game set-up. It's a pretty regular set-up (especially on yahoo).

The one we played here was technically two-strikes, it's just that I kept the perfect pickers in their own round, and we played a second round for the second strike. Which allowed the first place to go to someone who had picked perfect (cuz that's how I think it should be).

OP
OP
Sparkchaser737

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
It was started by a friend using "run your pool" We had done it previously on paper. No one had ever made it past week 12 until this year ( four years previous) As I said 3 of us went undefeated, but 8 total made it, hence a true survivor pool. The bad thing was that in the playoffs was that the 3 of us were not granted a mulligan as afforded in the regular season by the other 5 . Something regulated by the website, and not by the host. Lesson learned

It is what it is, and there is quite a bit of money on the hook, as there was 35 of us originally. I'll play it out and hope for the best. I have a plan, but just reached out here because some of you are ninjas in your predictions.

OP
OP
Sparkchaser737

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
mikeak":3plxk0id said:
So you are saying someone that lost during the regular season but was let back in is one-and-done just like you so could beat you?

Seems dumb

There will never be as clear cut a favorite as Patriots this weekend so it is the one I personally would use

Patriots against Pitt or KC in the next round and I don't know that they win that game.......

It is set up so you get one miss through out the season, and are afforded a mulligan. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, 3 of us made it through the season without missing a game. The rules changed in the playoffs.