Hey, playoff teams CAN fire OCs!

Josea16

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":9knf5cim said:
Made it to the second round of the playoffs, still said goodbye to their OC. See how easy it is?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -part-ways

Enough of this "playoff teams don't fire coaches" bs.
With that quarterback nobody has a chance to build a decent offense. Kind of like Bevell has no legitimate shot with what we rolled out as our offensive line. At least our offensive will probably improve immensely next year and doesn't cost 72M dollars with no way out of that contract.

OP
OP
WindCityHawk

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Josea16":160tbcf8 said:
WindCityHawk":160tbcf8 said:
Made it to the second round of the playoffs, still said goodbye to their OC. See how easy it is?

With that quarterback nobody has a chance to build a decent offense. Kind of like Bevell has no legitimate shot with what we rolled out as our offensive line.

I will totally concede that our O-line makes Bevell's job harder, but his unwillingness to adjust to anything--our O or opposing Ds--should still punch his ticket out of town. Eye em oh.

Josea16

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2rpau819 said:
Josea16":2rpau819 said:
WindCityHawk":2rpau819 said:

With that quarterback nobody has a chance to build a decent offense. Kind of like Bevell has no legitimate shot with what we rolled out as our offensive line.

I will totally concede that our O-line makes Bevell's job harder, but his unwillingness to adjust to anything--our O or opposing Ds--should still punch his ticket out of town. Eye em oh.
I agree but it's not going to happen. I'll be satisfied if Cable gets that 49er job though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Josea16":2ei610el said:
WindCityHawk":2ei610el said:

With that quarterback nobody has a chance to build a decent offense. Kind of like Bevell has no legitimate shot with what we rolled out as our offensive line. At least our offensive will probably improve immensely next year and doesn't cost 72M dollars with no way out of that contract.
Bevell's play calling tendencies were still filled with tons of stupid when our O-line was considerably better a few years ago.

Josea16

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2brcxyxu said:
Josea16":2brcxyxu said:
WindCityHawk":2brcxyxu said:

Bevell's play calling tendencies were still filled with tons of stupid when our O-line was considerably better a few years ago.
Look, in my opinion both Bevell and Cable should be fired but Bevell isn't leaving until Pete is gone. Which in my opinion should be about the middle of January 2018 given the current evidence. I hope Pete is playing possum but it sure doesn't look that way right now.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Josea16":56zmmdz5 said:
RolandDeschain":56zmmdz5 said:
Josea16":56zmmdz5 said:
WindCityHawk":56zmmdz5 said:

Look, in my opinion both Bevell and Cable should be fired but Bevell isn't leaving until Pete is gone. Which in my opinion should be about the middle of January 2018 given the current evidence. I hope Pete is playing possum but it sure doesn't look that way right now.

Just because Pete leaves doesn't me Bevell will be going anywhere. *cough* promotion *cough*.

:escape:

kobebryant

Reaction score
BS of Houston to put that on their OC.

Osweiller, O'brien, and Rick Smith are considerably more at fault than the OC. Silly.

Josea16

Reaction score
kobebryant":361zjpfx said:
BS of Houston to put that on their OC.

Osweiller, O'brien, and Rick Smith are considerably more at fault than the OC. Silly.
Exactly. Give this team an average OL and the NFCCG is in Seattle not Atlanta. That OC got screwed from multiple directions at the same time while the actual issue is getting paid big money and being coached by an idiot.

Josea16

Reaction score
[/quote]Just because Pete leaves doesn't me Bevell will be going anywhere. *cough* promotion *cough*.
:escape:[/quote]
I hope not Clint. Could you do me a solid and show him "his limitations"? 8)

silverandgold

Reaction score
Josea16":4ippqory said:
RolandDeschain":4ippqory said:
Josea16":4ippqory said:
WindCityHawk":4ippqory said:

What evidence? Tell me where?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
There is not a shred of evidence. His contract runs through 2019 when he'll be 68 if I'm not mistaken.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think he meant "trending direction" rather than "evidence," but following next season would be a little soon.

At the current extrapolated rate of decline, however, there's a good chance we don't make the playoffs next season if it continues. Winning a playoff game still this year be damned, we all know this isn't the Seahawks team of a couple years ago.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Staying healthy and improved O line play will put us back up to that level next year. I'm hoping Elliott, Thorpe or maybe even Seisay can give us a decent corner opposite Sherm as it might be a bit much to assume Shead will be ready for training camp.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Houston is NOT a playoff team. They made the playoffs by default, the fact that there wasn't anybody in the AFC who earned that spot. Then they played a team that is worse than them. So....

themunn

Reaction score
Because he was a historically bad OC.

The Texans went on to finish the regular season with the fewest touchdowns (25) by a playoff team in a non-strike season since the NFL season expanded to 16 games in 1978.

In actual fact they only had 23 on offense (1 KR and 1 pick 6). Only LA had less this season (21).

We had 36 on offense, for comparison's sake - which was distinctly league average (17th), yes, though we played through numerous injuries to our QB and RBs (and Lockett). We've finished 6th, 11th, 11th and 8th in the previous 4 years.

I don't see many OCs with that track record over the last 5 seasons being sacked but feel free to prove me wrong

Largent80

Reaction score
Really?....This is old news. Basically the guy was fired since his duties were taken away in week 4.

Sheeze. Another (this time masked) anti Bevell thread.

The O-Line IS the friggin cause of a LOT of our injuries and not just the QB but his decision making and actual throws are not as accurate as they were once before. If you can't see it, go back and watch every damned game. If after doing so, you still can't see it, then the problem is squarely between your ears.

Get used to having him back next year so you can continue your whining well into 2018.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Largent80":219l2ago said:
Really?....This is old news. Basically the guy was fired since his duties were taken away in week 4.

Sheeze. Another (this time masked) anti Bevell thread.

The O-Line IS the friggin cause of a LOT of our injuries and not just the QB but his decision making and actual throws are not as accurate as they were once before. If you can't see it, go back and watch every damned game. If after doing so, you still can't see it, then the problem is squarely between your ears.

Get used to having him back next year so you can continue your whining well into 2018.

O-Line? I watched all of the games this season... I didn't see an O-line in any of them..... Were they on strike?