Phillip Rivers to San Francisco?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1towob7v said:
Colin cowherd says rivers is trying to force a trade to 49ers. Doesn't want to play in LA.
What is he worth at this age? A 3rd round pick? Less?

Of course I'd take him in a heart beat. Would sadly be the best 49er QB since Jeff Garcia.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I remember, what, a year ago? He signed a contract and there was speculation he wouldn't because he wouldn't want to play in LA. And then he signed the contract. I'm totally on board with somebody not wanting to play in a particular city, but it's not like this was some big surprise from when he signed his contract.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Why 9ers, too? Why would he be willing to play in San Fran and not LA? Considering he's been playing in San Diego, what's the big difference? If I were him, I'd angle for the Broncos. Of course, in division I'm guessing that wouldn't happen.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Rams would seem like a better option for the 2 or 3 years he likely has left. How about Denver with McCoy back with the Broncos?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Foghawk":3dk3gsks said:
Rams would seem like a better option for the 2 or 3 years he likely has left. How about Denver with McCoy back with the Broncos?

Presumably if he's not willing to move the LA with the Chargers then the Rams would be off his list too cuz, you know, LA.

Foghawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":3w2hb91q said:
Foghawk":3w2hb91q said:

Presumably if he's not willing to move the LA with the Chargers then the Rams would be off his list too cuz, you know, LA.

That's not what Rivers said a few days ago (not from a "source"). From what I know of Rivers I don't think he'd say anything if it wasn't true? Could Spanos be looking for a trade partner behind Rivers back? Now that wouldn't surprise me one bit.

“I’m not gonna be there for 13 years but I’m gonna given ’em all I’ve got in the short time I have left,” Rivers said.

He said he will be “the same guy I’ve always been,” and that he hopes folks in San Diego will still look at him and say, “That’s our quarterback” in the same way his Alabama hometown still does.

He nevertheless admitted to being “excited” and “fired up” about playing in Los Angeles, even though it’s still not clear how excited or fired up L.A. is to have the Chargers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/13/philip-rivers-fully-embraces-l-a-chargers/

Was sent this as well from my Chargers buddy.

http://texanswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/17/could-texans-pursue-philip-rivers/

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2hgkjgyz said:
JSeahawks":2hgkjgyz said:
Colin cowherd says rivers is trying to force a trade to 49ers. Doesn't want to play in LA.
What is he worth at this age? A 3rd round pick? Less?

Of course I'd take him in a heart beat. Would sadly be the best 49er QB since Jeff Garcia.

He's as good as any QB in his draft class.

RedAlice

Reaction score
He just had a presser here in San Diego telling fans to come watch him in LA, that he's going to play his heart out for them.

Maybe he's just finally really mad at the Charger FO and so wants out, and/or has seen the hatred going towards the Chargers in both LA and San Diego now.

rlkats

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2tl5ecp2 said:
Rivers will be road kill behind that Oline, and with that WR corps.

Agreed but still, as bad as SF line is. Guess what

THE HAWKS LINE IS WORSE LOL :0190l:

2_0_6

Reaction score
rlkats":ibokzq3t said:
Hawk_Nation":ibokzq3t said:

But Russell can crawl faster on his knees than Rivers can run down hill going with the wind

Foghawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":uqsmyy3o said:
rlkats":uqsmyy3o said:
Hawk_Nation":uqsmyy3o said:

But Russell can crawl faster on his knees than Rivers can run down hill going with the wind

Rivers only needs a 12" x 12" pocket to work out of though, true story. :lol:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1yeue9wb said:
Actually the Oline was not bad. Very solid at run blocking and roughly average at pass blocking. The wrs... well they suck.

But this was apparently a false rumor. He claims to have not even heard about it.

rlkats

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":8ox1ns8b said:
rlkats":8ox1ns8b said:
Hawk_Nation":8ox1ns8b said:

Oh look it turned into a Wilson comment hahahahahaha. Um ya Wilson>Rivers in all catergories nit debatable.

Just making a friendly jab on your oline in fun.

NINEster

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2198bp19 said:

Niners actually had a decent OL this year.

WR corps, Rivers will make.

And we still haven't started the 2017 NFL offseason yet.....

NINEster

Reaction score
rlkats":suc2tlsd said:
Hawk_Nation":suc2tlsd said:
rlkats":suc2tlsd said:
Hawk_Nation":suc2tlsd said:

Oh look it turned into a Wilson comment hahahahahaha. Um ya Wilson>Rivers in all catergories nit debatable.

Just making a friendly jab on your oline in fun.

I'd love for people to actually believe "Wilson > Rivers"....

Jville

Reaction score
Apparently, It was only a bunch of noise.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sdutKevinAcee/status/821452971846213632[/tweet]

Philip Rivers fine with L.A., not pushing for trade >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775711/article/philip-rivers-fine-with-la-not-pushing-for-trade[/urltargetblank]

JimmyG

Reaction score
I don't understand these rumors. What was the basis to him demanding a trade? Why was he so upset about the team moving to LA?

I could see if it was something like, "I like San Diego. I don't want to uproot my family. If they refuse to commit to me long-term then I want to go somewhere they will." But this isn't. The entire franchise is moving to LA. If he stays with the Chargers or he goes to another team, he's uprooting and moving one way or the other.

What am I missing? What is the basis for his (alleged) anger? I'm so confused. I must be missing something.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Did the 49ers suddenly get a GM or a Coach to help facilitate a trade?

Latest posts