Kyle Shanahan supposedly likely to be 49ers coach

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... head-coach

Of course as a 49er fan I must assume the worst, as we have been doing since George Seifert was a paranoid defensive coordinator.

link above wrote:The 49ers have offered Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan their vacant head coaching job, and Shanahan is almost certain to agree, according to sources familiar with both parties' intentions. Because of NFL rules, the two sides cannot formally agree to a deal until after the Falcons' season is over, but barring an unforeseen change of heart on either side, Shanahan will eventually be signed to a multi-year contract.

Shanahan, according to sources, will get to help pick the 49ers' next general manager, with Green Bay Packers director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst the leading candidate.

Again, I'll assume he'll decline, but should he choose to sign with them, I will be ecstatic. Say what you want about his lack of experience as a HC or his supposed personal issues with players or staff members, but in my opinion his scheme is and has been the best offense in football for more than 20 years (Just look at his dad's track record, and then his own, and even Kubiac and yes, Seattle, Minnesota and several other teams). More, I think he's probably among the best two or three play callers in the league right now.

So if he accepts I'll be pretty stoked. But the 49ers being owned by Jed, it will probably end up getting Yorked up.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775827/article/kyle-shanahan-expected-to-become-49ers-new-head-coach

Of course as a 49er fan I must assume the worst, as we have been doing since George Seifert was a paranoid defensive coordinator.

link above wrote:The 49ers have offered Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan their vacant head coaching job, and Shanahan is almost certain to agree, according to sources familiar with both parties' intentions. Because of NFL rules, the two sides cannot formally agree to a deal until after the Falcons' season is over, but barring an unforeseen change of heart on either side, Shanahan will eventually be signed to a multi-year contract.

Shanahan, according to sources, will get to help pick the 49ers' next general manager, with Green Bay Packers director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst the leading candidate.

Again, I'll assume he'll decline, but should he choose to sign with them, I will be ecstatic. Say what you want about his lack of experience as a HC or his supposed personal issues with players or staff members, but in my opinion his scheme is and has been the best offense in football for more than 20 years (Just look at his dad's track record, and then his own, and even Kubiac and yes, Seattle, Minnesota and several other teams). More, I think he's probably among the best two or three play callers in the league right now.

So if he accepts I'll be pretty stoked. But the 49ers being owned by Jed, it will probably end up getting Yorked up.

Your last sentence is why I don't fear this as an rival fan.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I can't for the life of me figure out why he would take that job and leave Atlanta. Outside of the obvious "it's a head coaching position" he has nothing in SF.

Horrible ownership
    Horrible roster

Why?
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

• The money, the power and potential to be HC of a team that has seen great success in the past....
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Starter

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:The money, the power and potential to be HC of a team that has seen great success in the past....

Or stay in Atlanta and wait for a better job next year.

He'll most definitely be at the top of the coaching candidate tree next year... this Atlanta offense isn't going anywhere.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

• Wish he was the Hawks OC.
    Hendo66
    NET Veteran

• FalconsFanNW wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:The money, the power and potential to be HC of a team that has seen great success in the past....

Or stay in Atlanta and wait for a better job next year.

He'll most definitely be at the top of the coaching candidate tree next year... this Atlanta offense isn't going anywhere.

Never know, could easily take a step back. Matt Ryan won't have the same season he had this year (sure it will be good, but MVP unlikely).

Shannahan has all of the leverage here. 49ers are putting all of the eggs in his basket. If The falcons happen to win the bowl, his value would likely never be higher. Bowl, number one offense, MVP qb. Time to cash in big time.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Yeah makes sense. ^

It's pretty much a given that he's gone... and hopefully with a Super Bowl championship on his resume.

Why not us?

:)
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

• FalconsFanNW wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why he would take that job and leave Atlanta. Outside of the obvious "it's a head coaching position" he has nothing in SF.

Horrible ownership
    Horrible roster

Why?

HC Job, money, blank slate, can pick his GM, father has history there (Mike Shanahan was the OC in SF before he became HC in Denver), top and plentiful (11) draft picks, and 80 to 100 million in cap space.

Essentially, he has a blank canvas to do whatever he wants. More appealing than you might think.

Not really all that difficult.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• FalconsFanNW wrote:Yeah makes sense. ^

It's pretty much a given that he's gone... and hopefully with a Super Bowl championship on his resume.

Why not us?

:)

To be honest, of the remaining teams I'd probably like to see Atlanta win it most even if it does mean a 2 week delay in the Niner HC announcement.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• FalconsFanNW wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why he would take that job and leave Atlanta. Outside of the obvious "it's a head coaching position" he has nothing in SF.

Horrible ownership
    Horrible roster

Why?

The ownership at this moment is at its most vulnerable......any decent high profile coach (which Shanahan certainly is judging by the patience for his season to end to hire him) will dictate the terms in SF. York has said the coach/GM combo will a collaborative hire.....something very rare in this league. How many teams have done that that you know? Seahawks?

York may be a little POS entitled prick but I do think he genuinely cares for the Niners success, unlike say his parents. He lucked out with Harbaugh but he still hired him with competitors looming.

This hire if it goes through will be more impressive to me, just on the hiring basis. We'll judge the guy accordingly as time goes on.

It's pretty fashionable to just think things will forever be good (or bad) but nothing is permanent in life except change. If Dan Snyder could finally lay his hands off the Redskins and let Scot McCloughan do his thing (so far so good), then the very least could be expected of York. My Skins fan friends tell me Snyder has meddled far worse than York ever has and at least he shows up and takes his beatings in the media.

Now about the roster......call me a homer, but I think that the roster is far closer to being 7-8 win decent than the national media and fans think. We're still not yet into the 2017 offseason with free agency, trades, and the draft.......this is not Shanahan picking up with the week 17 roster. A #2 overall with that cap space and you can start to do things quickly.

So FalconFan while I'll root for your team to win it all this year (90% to keep NE/PITT/GB out of it, 10% for my small market/never won anything sympathy)......make no mistake about it.....allow me to REMIND YOU, fellow former NFC WESTer:

The San Francisco 49ers are a top 5 prestige NFL team in the Super Bowl era, and up until only about ten to fifteen years ago, it would be #1.

So when the Steelers, Packers, Patriots inevitably suck down the road and maybe get caught up with s**** ownership (remember, the 49ers had elite ownership once upon a time).....someone can ask the same exact question, and the answer will be the same.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    FalconsFanNW wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why he would take that job and leave Atlanta. Outside of the obvious "it's a head coaching position" he has nothing in SF.

Horrible ownership
    Horrible roster

Why?

HC Job, money, blank slate, can pick his GM, father has history there (Mike Shanahan was the OC in SF before he became HC in Denver), top and plentiful (11) draft picks, and 80 to 100 million in cap space.

Essentially, he has a blank canvas to do whatever he wants. More appealing than you might think.

Not really all that difficult.

Besides Matt Ryan & Julio, what did Quinn see in the Falcons?

4-12, 6-10.....all this for merely losing the 2012 NFC Championship game?

Where were the numerous all pros lost on defense, and savvy vets on the offensive side of the ball?

Where was the turmoil in the front office?

Now they are on the cusp of winning it all.

Not exactly the same situation, but just having a great QB and WR.......*Chargers*.......isn't everything.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• NINEster wrote:
    FalconsFanNW wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why he would take that job and leave Atlanta. Outside of the obvious "it's a head coaching position" he has nothing in SF.

Horrible ownership
    Horrible roster

Why?

The ownership at this moment is at its most vulnerable......any decent high profile coach (which Shanahan certainly is judging by the patience for his season to end to hire him) will dictate the terms in SF. York has said the coach/GM combo will a collaborative hire.....something very rare in this league. How many teams have done that that you know? Seahawks?

York may be a little POS entitled prick but I do think he genuinely cares for the Niners success, unlike say his parents. He lucked out with Harbaugh but he still hired him with competitors looming.

This hire if it goes through will be more impressive to me, just on the hiring basis. We'll judge the guy accordingly as time goes on.

It's pretty fashionable to just think things will forever be good (or bad) but nothing is permanent in life except change. If Dan Snyder could finally lay his hands off the Redskins and let Scot McCloughan do his thing (so far so good), then the very least could be expected of York. My Skins fan friends tell me Snyder has meddled far worse than York ever has and at least he shows up and takes his beatings in the media.

Now about the roster......call me a homer, but I think that the roster is far closer to being 7-8 win decent than the national media and fans think. We're still not yet into the 2017 offseason with free agency, trades, and the draft.......this is not Shanahan picking up with the week 17 roster. A #2 overall with that cap space and you can start to do things quickly.

So FalconFan while I'll root for your team to win it all this year (90% to keep NE/PITT/GB out of it, 10% for my small market/never won anything sympathy)......make no mistake about it.....allow me to REMIND YOU, fellow former NFC WESTer:

The San Francisco 49ers are a top 5 prestige NFL team in the Super Bowl era, and up until only about ten to fifteen years ago, it would be #1.

So when the Steelers, Packers, Patriots inevitably suck down the road and maybe get caught up with s**** ownership (remember, the 49ers had elite ownership once upon a time).....someone can ask the same exact question, and the answer will be the same.

I think there error York has made in hiring Singletary (his dad hired Nolan), Tomsula, and Chip is that he kept trying to bandage a gushing wound. In the last two cases he kept thinking he could get back to where they were and it just made things worse.

The only time he's reset completely was with Harbaugh and thats what this is to me. Thats not to say they'll be as good because we have no ides how Shanahan will perform as a HC, but this hire reminds me of that reset in 2011.

I agree with you on the talent.

There are some players there. There isn't enough to be a winner and they are lacking at a few key positions (namely QB, WR, OLB, ILB, NT) but there are some good young players on the roster (particularly at RB, DB, and O-Line).

I also agree about the prestige. I'm sure it drives people nuts to hear this, but its true. The history of the franchise in itself draws people to it.

BTW, the Packers owners will never "suck" as the city owns the team. :)
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• It's a done deal, NFL network just said Quinn congregated the team and announced Shanny will be headcoach of the 49ers. Met with congradulatory applause
    Bob Loblaw
    NET Rookie

• Good posts 49er faithful.

:2thumbs:

P.S.

Quinn is the best thing that has ever happened to the Atlanta Falcons.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

• FalconsFanNW wrote:Good posts 49er faithful.

:2thumbs:

P.S.

Quinn is the best thing that has ever happened to the Atlanta Falcons.

...and they waited for him just as SF is doing now for Shanahan. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Horrible ownership
    Horrible roster

Why?

Because of that situation. You see, due to that situation he will have nearly unprecedented control on how the team will be set up. He's a coach who is going to be the deciding factor on the GM. That rarely happens. He's got Jed York by the balls.

EDIT-lol others beat me to it.

But it's kind of ironic: we're it not for York's continuous screw ups, he wouldn't be forced to fellate Kyle Shanahan into taking the job. In other words, he's been forced to set his ego aside, something that comes very unnaturally to him.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• The story is sounding remarkably like the 2008-2009 seasons for the Hawks. You remember, the seasons that ushered in the hiring of a coach who got to pick the GM from a list of four candidates.

I was secretly hoping that Bevell would get canned and we would lure Shanahan to take his spot, with the promise of a head coaching position when Carroll retires in 1-2 years.
    Fire Thom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• It may not be possible to fire an owner. But, 49er fans can take heart in knowing that other owners have been forced to move down the learning curve as owners.

Seems to me that 49er faithful are forcing Jed work on his learning curve.

He certainly owes them that and more.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Horrible ownership
    Horrible roster

Why?

+1

When asked why Gus Bradley did so poorly, Pete Carroll said "He didn't wait for the right position.' Took over a crap team, with a crap FO, and no QB.

Dan Quinn accepted the HC for a good to great team, with an MVP caliber QB, and voila!

If Shanahan accepts SF job, he's going to look like shit for 3 years, then get fired. Where's his QB? Where's his defense? Nothing there.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• ivotuk wrote:

Horrible ownership
    Horrible roster

Why?

+1

When asked why Gus Bradley did so poorly, Pete Carroll said "He didn't wait for the right position.' Took over a crap team, with a crap FO, and no QB.

Dan Quinn accepted the HC for a good to great team, with an MVP caliber QB, and voila!

If Shanahan accepts SF job, he's going to look like shit for 3 years, then get fired. Where's his QB? Where's his defense? Nothing there.

Speaking of Bradley, apparently SF wanted him to be their new DC but he told him he'd only be the DC if they hired Cable as head coach, he didn't want to work for anyone else.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• He should take the job and make Steve Young GM. Or if not available, his dad
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Rookie

• If Jed isn't giving him the keys to the kingdom, then probably a bad move despite the HC opportunity.

Jed will eventually learn (it might be 20 years) and start making good choices. If he has gotten to that point, it could be a golden opportunity for Shanahan. I wouldn't be sorry to see Atlanta lose their OC, lol.

That being said, I think he could be a good coach and I don't want that for the 49ers. You know what? I'm actually lying. I loved the rivalry we had for a few years with the Niners. They were so hateable, particularly with Harbaugh. It helps that we kept one-upping the 49ers whenever it mattered.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• From what I read he basically gets to hire his own GM, gets to have control of personnel, control of the draft, is going to be the highest paid first time Head Coach.

He did get the keys to the Kingdom, the only thing I didn't see is locking York out of the Facilities.

He got Pete's deal in a Nutshell.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Looks like they should have kept Harbaugh...... I'm glad they didn't though!
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Starter

• chris98251 wrote:From what I read he basically gets to hire his own GM, gets to have control of personnel, control of the draft, is going to be the highest paid first time Head Coach.

He did get the keys to the Kingdom, the only thing I didn't see is locking York out of the Facilities.

He got Pete's deal in a Nutshell.

Yes. the only thing I was worried about is Kyle making the Niners great again. But then, Kyle running the Niners will make them better, and honestly, that is good for all of us.

NFCW!!!!!

I do wonder how long little Jed likes this though. I see two scenarios with Jed handing over the keys where he secretly has his own key:

Kyle is hugely successful. Jed feels so smart.

Kyle stumbles or has issues and then has to bat heads with Jed.

Make no mistake here, Kyle gets control, but this is all about Jed.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Jud's analytics guy Paraag Marathe has equity in the team and has injected himself into high-level hires, game strategy and so forth. It would work more smoothly if Maranthe reported to the GM.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Rookie

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:Jud's analytics guy Paraag Marathe has equity in the team and has injected himself into high-level hires, game strategy and so forth. It would work more smoothly if Maranthe reported to the GM.

This is spot on. MaRAThe has been lurking like Smeagol for far too long. If he has power over Shanahan, this will end up a burning, sinking ship.

Wait... it already is one lol.

Maybe it will be the Challenger instead.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:Jud's analytics guy Paraag Marathe has equity in the team and has injected himself into high-level hires, game strategy and so forth. It would work more smoothly if Maranthe reported to the GM.

This is spot on. MaRAThe has been lurking like Smeagol for far too long. If he has power over Shanahan, this will end up a burning, sinking ship.

Wait... it already is one lol.

Maybe it will be the Challenger instead.

Wait, I don't get it. Kyle is a good hire. I was just kinda joking how long before he butts heads w Jed.

You mean there is more?

And, if so, why in the HELL would he take this job? It's his name on the line.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• I think it's quite telling that everyone else they wanted to hire has refused due to them wanting Shanahan. That should be setting a few alarm bells off.

Also LOL at the usual "why would he leave the Falcons" brigade as if they are somehow an NFL powerhouse with Superbowls coming out of their ears. Truth is they probably are next years Panthers.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:I think it's quite telling that everyone else they wanted to hire has refused due to them wanting Shanahan. That should be setting a few alarm bells off.

Also LOL at the usual "why would he leave the Falcons" brigade as if they are somehow an NFL powerhouse with Superbowls coming out of their ears. Truth is they probably are next years Panthers.

Ryan is not Cam, keep wishing.

and Kyle is good.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:Also LOL at the usual "why would he leave the Falcons" brigade as if they are somehow an NFL powerhouse with Superbowls coming out of their ears. Truth is they probably are next years Panthers.

I LOL'ed at this.

Don't hate bro. With Quinn in charge and all the young talent we have on both sides of the ball I'm confident the Falcons will be relevant for a few years.

As someone else said, Ryan is not Scam Newton.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

• FalconsFanNW wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:Also LOL at the usual "why would he leave the Falcons" brigade as if they are somehow an NFL powerhouse with Superbowls coming out of their ears. Truth is they probably are next years Panthers.

I LOL'ed at this.

Don't hate bro. With Quinn in charge and all the young talent we have on both sides of the ball I'm confident the Falcons will be relevant for a few years.

As someone else said, Ryan is not Scam Newton.

Relevant but not likely to repeat the performance from this year. History says otherwise and I mean that league wide. I remember when the 49ers were going to be good forever, and I remember when Seattle was going to be unstoppable after they won their super bowl, played GB opening night, and had Percy Harvin run a reverse. It was going to be an unstoppable offense and defense. But things happen. Free agency, big contracts, coaches leaving, salary cap, other teams improving, injuries. More is working against than for you.
    ringless
    NET Veteran

• ringless wrote:
    Relevant but not likely to repeat the performance from this year. History says otherwise and I mean that league wide. I remember when the 49ers were going to be good forever, and I remember when Seattle was going to be unstoppable after they won their super bowl, played GB opening night, and had Percy Harvin run a reverse. It was going to be an unstoppable offense and defense. But things happen. Free agency, big contracts, coaches leaving, salary cap, other teams improving, injuries. More is working against than for you.

Of course... anything can happen with injuries, free agency and the salary cap. It's difficult to keep a team together and winning unless you're the Patriots. Seattle has also had a nice 5 year run after putting that defense together.

I'm confident though after a 3 year rebuild and with Ryan in his prime and the young talent around him good things will happen. Ryan probably won't repeat his MVP season (yes, he's MVP over Brady and Rodgers) but I'm sure he'll still be an elite QB.

Our young D needs a few more pieces to be a real force. Offensively we might not break records like we did this season but should still be a very good offense.

Right now I'm not even thinking about next season... all I care about is beating Green Bay and then bringing home the Lombardi.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

• FalconsFanNW wrote: this Atlanta offense isn't going anywhere.

Which if they make it to the SB, and lose it would be more enticing to stay and try to get that done.

So, in reality, if you want him to stay, you have to hope to lose.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:
    FalconsFanNW wrote: this Atlanta offense isn't going anywhere.

Which if they make it to the SB, and lose it would be more enticing to stay and try to get that done.

So, in reality, if you want him to stay, you have to hope to lose.

That ain't happening. LOL

Good luck in SF Kyle.

Before the door hits you in the ass on the way out... help us bring home the Lombardi!
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775827/article/kyle-shanahan-expected-to-become-49ers-new-head-coach

I think he's the best HC candidate this go around.
    Rambitious
    NET Practice Squad

• I like Colin SackOrPick in in your avatar. Do you root for him every sunday? When he wins, is that the highlight of your life?
    RationalNiner
    NET Rookie

• RationalNiner wrote:I like Colin SackOrPick in in your avatar. Do you root for him every sunday? When he wins, is that the highlight of your life?

Since I'm the only one with him in my avatar, I assume you're talking to me.

Now, first, to answer your question: Do I root for Kaepernick every Sunday... the 49er fan that does not is not a 49er fan and needs to GTFO the bandwagon. The second question, when he wins is it the highlight of my life? No, but of my week? YES. Why? BECAUSE I BLEED DAT RED AND GOLD. When GABBERT wins it's the same thing. Savvy? When the 49ers QB wins, that means the 49ers win, that means I rejoice.

Now, as to the actual reason he's in my avatar. Well, you'll notice it's freaking hilarious. It's playing up Wilson's midget status and reinforcing Kaepernick's lanky airheadedness. No one denies it's hysterical. :177692:

*btw if you didn't notice Russell Wilson is in that pic too, well... :34853_doh:
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    RationalNiner wrote:I like Colin SackOrPick in in your avatar. Do you root for him every sunday? When he wins, is that the highlight of your life?

Now, first, to answer your question: Do I root for Kaepernick every Sunday... the 49er fan that does not is not a 49er fan and needs to GTFO the bandwagon. The second question, when he wins is it the highlight of my life? No, but of my week? YES. Why? BECAUSE I BLEED DAT RED AND GOLD. When GABBERT wins it's the same thing. Savvy? When the 49ers QB wins, that means the 49ers win, that means I rejoice.

Now, as to the actual reason he's in my avatar. Well, you'll notice it's freaking hilarious. It's playing up Wilson's midget status and reinforcing Kaepernick's lanky airheadedness. No one denies it's hysterical. :177692:

*btw if you didn't notice Russell Wilson is in that pic too, well... :34853_doh:

Ok so here we go. If you don't root for kapershit your a bandwagon fan. News flash super fan kapershit is crap. Take the two face political bs away and you still have a crappy QB that can't read a D at all. But the dude is stylish with his pig cop socks and 1960's Afro and the panther fist when he does something he gets paid a shit load of money for.

As a real Niners fan I want better. I want a face of the franchise that has class, has professionalism, and is a true QB. Not an athlete that can run and throw hard as hell.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• ^^^^ He said he roots for the 9ers and is happy when the team wins.

Everything else you're going on about he never said and is completely beside the point.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:^^^^ He said he roots for the 9ers and is happy when the team wins.

Everything else you're going on about he never said and is completely beside the point.

"Now, first, to answer your question: Do I root for Kaepernick every Sunday... the 49er fan that does not is not a 49er fan and needs to GTFO the bandwagon"

This quote from his post is what I'm talking about. Since you needed to come to his defense.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    RationalNiner wrote:I like Colin SackOrPick in in your avatar. Do you root for him every sunday? When he wins, is that the highlight of your life?

Ok so here we go. If you don't root for kapershit your a bandwagon fan. News flash super fan kapershit is crap. Take the two face political bs away and you still have a crappy QB that can't read a D at all. But the dude is stylish with his pig cop socks and 1960's Afro and the panther fist when he does something he gets paid a shit load of money for.

As a real Niners fan I want better. I want a face of the franchise that has class, has professionalism, and is a true QB. Not an athlete that can run and throw hard as hell.

Lol you are NOT a real Niners fan if Kap is under center wearing red and gold and you are rooting for him to screw up. Period. There is ZERO room for compromise. Either you root for the guy wearing Red and Gold or you are NOT a 49er fan. End of discussion.

Now, you can dislike him personally. I dislike him personally, and thoroughly so, or at least I did until he became more mellow. Why? He's acted like a buffoon. For example he once denied a kid an autograph and picture at the theater. His brother was trying to defend him on the 49ers.com forums, saying it was family time and he just wanted to enjoy an evening with his family, but I don't care. You're making millions. If a kid spots you, you smile at that kid and sign his autograph. So he was a jerk, whether or not his white brother tried to defend him.

His 7stormscoming comment was buffoonish.

His protest method in and of itself isn't a big deal to me (it hasn't since he started taking a knee as a sign of respect for the armed forces rather than sitting on the bench), but his Castro comments and the way he has gone about defending it has at times seemed just as myopic as people like you are when discussing that same protest.

So no, I don't like him as a person. He's full of sophomoric knowledge and thinly veiled arrogance (the kind you find in a religious zealot).

THAT SAID. When he is under center behind someone wearing RED AND GOLD, I am rooting for him to throw a touchdown pass. As 100% of every true 49er fan will be.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Cannot use that word, masked or not in the main forums
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:^^^^ He said he roots for the 9ers and is happy when the team wins.

"Now, first, to answer your question: Do I root for Kaepernick every Sunday... the 49er fan that does not is not a 49er fan and needs to GTFO the bandwagon"

This quote from his post is what I'm talking about. Since you needed to come to his defense.

If his response was TL;DR, what he's saying is that he roots for the 49ers -- if Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert, or Tim Rattay or Ken friggin Dorsey are under center he's rooting for them because they are the 9ers QB at the time.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• 49ers fans arguing with each other about being "real" 49ers fans... on a Seahawks board.

Like having a family argument at the neighbors house
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:49ers fans arguing with each other about being "real" 49ers fans... on a Seahawks board.

:snack:

(Did I do it right?)
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    RLKats..."Scott M. Made the niners good helped build the Hawks a bit (current GM is a bad ass). Quote me." So I did.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:
    rlkats wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:^^^^ He said he roots for the 9ers and is happy when the team wins.

If his response was TL;DR, what he's saying is that he roots for the 49ers -- if Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert, or Tim Rattay or Ken friggin Dorsey are under center he's rooting for them because they are the 9ers QB at the time.

Thank you. I should have wrote what you wrote. Also thanks mods for not banning me at disguised profanity
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:49ers fans arguing with each other about being "real" 49ers fans... on a Seahawks board.

At least we're doing it by the septic tank away from everyone else.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:49ers fans arguing with each other about being "real" 49ers fans... on a Seahawks board.

At least we're doing it by the septic tank away from everyone else.

There goes that bad sense of direction again, across the bay is the septic tank.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    rlkats wrote:

Thank you. I should have wrote what you wrote. Also thanks mods for not banning me at disguised profanity

Well Popeyejones that's not what was written. But if that is what he attempted to say ok sure. It doesn't matter anyways because

GOODBYE KAP.

God what a good week.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information