This Years Playoffs....blah...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that this years playoffs stunk? Besides GB and Dallas no game was worth any of the hype...not even our games. I thought the same last year excluding Bengals/Steelers and only because the Bengals were trying to literally kill the Steelers. Can't say the SB will much to watch either with Atlanta just happy to be there....

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Was the Dallas/GB game the only game that wasnt a blowout. And EVEN THAT was a blowout until the Packers D just let the cowboys have their way with them to make it tied.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah the playoffs have been horrible. The GB-DAL game was great. PIT-KC was competitive but never really that interesting. All the other games have been blowouts.

Now that I think of it, NFL playoffs are probably the least favorite of the major sports. IMO March Madness, MLB, and NBA playoffs are all more interesting. I love me a really good 7-game NBA or MLB playoff series. But there is zero doubt that NFL season is by far the best of all the sports, and the game of football is my favorite sport to watch.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Atlanta is more than just "happy to be there."

Falcons/Patriots is what a lot of people predicted... and it should be an epic game.

If we are gonna bring home the Lombardi for the first time ever... I can't think of any QB I'd rather beat than Brady.

253hawk

Reaction score
Average point diff for the whole playoffs has been 14.7 points...that's awful. This might be the worst post season ever.

irocdave

Reaction score
The SB isn't going to be much different, Atlanta is going to take NE behind the woodshed.

Josea16

Reaction score
irocdave":2gt1yf5a said:
The SB isn't going to be much different, Atlanta is going to take NE behind the woodshed.
You're going to be very wrong methinks. New England has a way of winning when it doesn't seem possible by the numbers. But yes, the playoffs have been truly awful beyond Dallas/Green Bay (only because Green Bay let them back in) and KC/Pitt though the outcome was never in doubt and the game itself was pretty uninteresting.

Like the AFCCG/NFCCG I don't really care who wins because I won't be watching. It just isn't a compelling matchup to me.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Josea16":57o4ylbk said:
irocdave":57o4ylbk said:
You're going to be very wrong methinks. New England has a way of winning when it doesn't seem possible by the numbers. But yes, the playoffs have been truly awful beyond Dallas/Green Bay (only because Green Bay let them back in) and KC/Pitt though the outcome was never in doubt and the game itself was pretty uninteresting.

Like the AFCCG/NFCCG I don't really care who wins because I won't be watching. It just isn't a compelling matchup to me.

Ok... please enlighten me on how New England is going to win this game just don't include "Pats are #1 scoring defense" without including this:

Here's the list of QBs that the Pats have faced this season:

Ryan Fitzpatrick x2

Tyrod Taylor x2

Tannehill/Moore x2

Brock Osweiler x2

Trevor Siemian

Andy Dalton

Joe Flacco

Bryce Petty

Jared Goff

Colin Kaepernick

Carson Palmer

Russel Wilson (Loss)

Big Ben

Go ahead now ... I'll wait.

Rob12

Reaction score
Come on FalconsFanNW, there's no need to get pissy just because someone opines that your team will lose. He wasn't even disrespectful. That's not a good look. At all.

I am rooting for you guys, but it's a tough road to hoe. Brady was dead accurate on 36 of 39 throws today. He's not going to lie down. It really doesn't matter who NE beat this year. It only matters that you beat who is on your schedule. And they did, winning 14 games. They just kicked the shit out of the Steelers, and Brady dominated them without Gronk. This is a franchise that knows how to win with arguably the best QB ever playing at an insanely high level. It should not surprise you at all or illicit a response like yours above when someone predicts you to lose this game.

But really, who they played means absolutely nothing right now - for you or them (and especially for them considering their past success). SB 51 will be 60 minutes of hopefully highly entertaining and competitive football. Two QB's playing at a very high level. That's it. It comes down to 60 minutes on that day, and nothing else means shit. All we heard leading up to SB 48 was how the greatest offense ever assembled was going to annihilate us, and we saw how that worked out.

Personally, this game is a toss up for me, but go Falcons.

Rob12

Reaction score
And at some point, and as much as I hate to, the Patriots D deserves credit for holding the Steelers high powered offense to 17 measly points today.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rob12":1ykbqglj said:
Come on FalconsFanNW, there's no need to get pissy just because someone opines that your team will lose. He wasn't even disrespectful. That's not a good look. At all.
Disagree; the week-old poster he's replying to is asking for it.

Rob12

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2kipyur7 said:
Rob12":2kipyur7 said:

Maybe I just haven't been around enough, but what the hell did he say that could be construed as disrespectful?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rob12":2e0olykx said:
RolandDeschain":2e0olykx said:
Rob12":2e0olykx said:

Maybe I just haven't been around enough, but what the hell did he say that could be construed as disrespectful?
I'd say his post that FalconsFanNW is very dismissive-sounding, but he's probably basing it on the way that he has been posting this week. Look at my little exchange with that same poster here (and a few replies further up from there) to see what I mean.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Rob12":2esllcmq said:

I am rooting for you guys, but it's a tough road to hoe. Brady was dead accurate on 36 of 39 throws today. He's not going to lie down. It really doesn't matter who NE beat this year. It only matters that you beat who is on your schedule. And they did, winning 14 games. They just kicked the shit out of the Steelers, and Brady dominated them without Gronk. This is a franchise that knows how to win with arguably the best QB ever playing at an insanely high level. It should not surprise you at all or illicit a response like yours above when someone predicts you to lose this game.

But really, who they played means absolutely nothing right now - for you or them (and especially for them considering their past success). SB 51 will be 60 minutes of hopefully highly entertaining and competitive football. Two QB's playing at a very high level. That's it. It comes down to 60 minutes on that day, and nothing else means shit. All we heard leading up to SB 48 was how the greatest offense ever assembled was going to annihilate us, and we saw how that worked out.

Personally, this game is a toss up for me, but go Falcons.

I'm not pissy. I'm actually smiling because we are in the Super Bowl.

The media is going to hump the Patriots leg for the next 2 weeks... just like they humped Rodgers leg this week... and the "Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs" all of the previous week. It's cool. We've been disrespected all season and it's not gonna change till we bring home the Lombardi. I get it.

As for the Patriots... I've got tons of respect for the Pats and what Brady has done. At the same time all I'm doing is pointing out the obvious here. You're right they only played the teams on their schedule... and it was a schedule full of garbage QBs other than Wilson and Ben... that's not homerism, that's the truth.

So yeah... I'd call their top ranked scoring defense a bit overrated. They most definitely aren't the 2013 Seahawks. They are the top scoring defense because they faced a schedule full of garbage QBs with weak offenses. The one good QB they faced in the regular season (Wilson) beat them. They haven't faced an offense anywhere near the caliber of Atlanta.

Not even close.

That being said, I think it's gonna be a helluva game... that the Falcons can win if they play their game.

RolandDeschain":2esllcmq said:

It's all good man... I'm just defending my team.

Saw a post over on NFL.com just now directed towards a Pats fan...

Atlanta is kicking the sh!t out of them. Not at all impressed by New England tonight, and obviously not last week. Meanwhile, Atlanta has to treat 2 playoff teams like the bottom of the NFL West and not run up the score. Mercy kills. New England is a dynasty already, but, as Atlanta proved today, QB alone isn't enough. Patriots aren't near as good at all 22 starting positions. Go ahead, talk about how good the Patriots D is. I'll tell you to look at who you've played, and then point you in the direction of the most underrated defense in the league. The one you play in 2 weeks. Falcons all day. It's our year.

#RISEUP

I think he should just give his definition of "schooled"... Considering Atlanta lost by 1,2,3,7 and 9 points this season.

What is "schooled?" Hasn't happened yet this season so I'm curious.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
One thing that does sting a bit right now is knowing that the Seahawks beat both teams playing in the Super Bowl this year.

God, I hope we get rid of Bevell. :(

Josea16

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":iv03j70s said:
Josea16":iv03j70s said:
irocdave":iv03j70s said:

Ok... please enlighten me on how New England is going to win this game just don't include "Pats are #1 scoring defense" without including this:

Here's the list of QBs that the Pats have faced this season:

Ryan Fitzpatrick x2

Tyrod Taylor x2

Tannehill/Moore x2

Brock Osweiler x2

Trevor Siemian

Andy Dalton

Joe Flacco

Bryce Petty

Jared Goff

Colin Kaepernick

Carson Palmer

Russel Wilson (Loss)

Big Ben

Go ahead now ... I'll wait.
Look I said statistics matter little when Bill and Tommy are involved when it's a Superbowl. They will do something Atlanta has never seen while taking your best and favorite options away. That isn't opinion it's fact. And with two weeks of preparation time they have a history of having special performances out unexpected players. That is being schooled so be ready to find other ways to win then your usual method. Hopefully it's a good game but Superbowl rarely are but there's always hope.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If you're so confident that the Patriots are going to smoke the Falcons, put your money (NOT freaking USD currency, mods, chill the hell out) where your mouth is, Josea16.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Josea16":2hzsjbi2 said:
Look I said statistics matter little when Bill and Tommy are involved when it's a Superbowl. They will do something Atlanta has never seen while taking your best and favorite options away. That isn't opinion it's fact. And with two weeks of preparation time they have a history of having special performances out unexpected players.

Can't wait...

I've already heard Pats fans talking about taking away Julio like they took away Brown.

The Falcons won 5 games this year when Julio had less than 60 yards and 2 games he didn't even play. That's what's great about the 2016 Falcons... in previous years our offense was all about Julio. This year not so much. We've got Sanu, Gabriel, Hooper... Freeman... Coleman...

Belichick isn't taking away all our weapons. That's what's gonna make it an amazing Super Bowl. Belichick is the GOAT and so is Brady...

... and beating them would be the crowning achievement in Atlanta sports history. Don't say it can't happen... because it most definitely can. Eli Manning did it twice.

It's gonna be a long 2 weeks...

Josea16

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":hgg85g6g said:
Josea16":hgg85g6g said:
Look I said statistics matter little when Bill and Tommy are involved when it's a Superbowl. They will do something Atlanta has never seen while taking your best and favorite options away. That isn't opinion it's fact. And with two weeks of preparation time they have a history of having special performances out unexpected players.

Can't wait...

I've already heard Pats fans talking about taking away Julio like they took away Brown.

The Falcons won 5 games this year when Julio had less than 60 yards and 2 games he didn't even play. That's what's great about the 2016 Falcons... in previous years our offense was all about Julio. This year not so much. We've got Sanu, Gabriel, Hooper... Freeman... Coleman...

Belichick isn't taking away all our weapons. That's what's gonna make it an amazing Super Bowl. Belichick is the GOAT and so is Brady...

... and beating them would be the crowning achievement in Atlanta sports history. Don't say it can't happen... because it most definitely can. Eli Manning did it twice.

It's gonna be a long 2 weeks...
Keep thinking that way. I have no dog in this hunt so why would you care what I think? I won't apologize for not drinking the Falcon koolaid so your bluster is going towards the wrong audience. I'm far more interested in seeing what the Seahawks do to fix the issues they had in 2016.

I wish they would fire a couple of coordinators and an OL coach but that isn't happening until Pete is gone it seems.

chris98251

Reaction score
Julio Jones is going to ascend to Mega Star or Goat, The Patriots cannot be dismissed, Belichek is too damn good of a coach and the Patriots are going to find a way to make this game close be it straight up or by making things ummm more even, see what happened in our game with our D line getting hurt.

Falcons have to get ahead early and pile it on and make Tommy Boy pissed so he is bitching more then playing, you DB's need to lay out the Mini Me WR's and make them have to resort to high percentage dinks and dunks.