2017: Super Bowl

RedAlice

Reaction score
As a Rams fan, I am entirely unhappy the AFC let the Pats in.

For our NFC, I am all in on wanting Atlanta to dissect them.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Agreed. Plus, I win $300 in a playoff bracket with a bunch of my former coworkers as the sole winner if Atlanta wins the Super Bowl. :)

2_0_6

Reaction score
Giving Billy Boy 2 weeks to spy errr I mean game plan for another opponent usually proves to be bad for the other guy.

I hope the Falcons win, it would make me vomit if the Pats got another one

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1emwfrfr said:
Giving Billy Boy 2 weeks to spy errr I mean game plan for another opponent usually proves to be bad for the other guy.

I'm confident the Falcons can keep that from happening. This is an amazing matchup. Offense vs Defense although I do think that the Pats defense and their #1 scoring ranking is a bit watered down due to all the weak offenses they played this season...

Ryan Fitzpatrick x2 Tyrod Taylor x2 Tannehill/Moore x2 Brock Osweiler x2 Trevor Siemian Andy Dalton Joe Flacco Bryce Petty Jared Goff Colin Kaepernick Carson Palmer

They lost to Russell Wilson and just beat Big Ben.

You only play the teams on your schedule.. I get it.... and my point is this Patriots D isn't the 2013 Seahawks. I'm fully confident the Falcons can score and can score often. Atlanta was in every game this season with their 5 losses by 1,2,3,7 and 9 points. Nobody shut down the Falcons this year... Philly probably did the best job in Atlanta's worst game of the season... a 24-15 road loss.

If our D can pressure Brady like they did Rodgers I really like our chances.

Give Belichick 2 weeks I'm sure he'll come up with a good gameplan... but so will Quinn and Shanahan.

If Atlanta is gonna win the Super Bowl I want to beat Brady to do it. It's not a pipedream either... Atlanta has the talent to get it done.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
It's going to be a high scoring game, I think.

Agree the Pats defense rating is inflated by playing generally bad teams, with awful quarterbacks. They don't have a great pass rush, which essentially means the Falcons should score a lot. Matt Ryan with time this year = points. But, Bellicheck is amazing at taking away a team's strength, and you know Brady is going to play very well and score when he needs/wants to.

I don't really care who wins, just want one good playoff game that isn't a blow out lol. Seems like this will actually be a good game.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would love a blow out of the Pats, the tears, Brady Tantrums, all on display, the worse he looks the better for Ryan for MVP.

Besides I'm just watching for the commercials ya know :)

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":292oyuqp said:
I would love a blow out of the Pats, the tears, Brady Tantrums, all on display, the worse he looks the better for Ryan for MVP.

Normally I would agree with this but the Twatlanta fans have been insufferable pricks. They remind me of the Panthers from last year and I hope they suffer the same fate and subsequent demise.

Have a read of their forum you can tell they have no idea what winning is all about. How bad must it be when it makes you rather shout for the Pats?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The Pats defense is hard to figure out. They have little to no star power on that defense, but they get the job done. To say it best, they are very well coached, and Belichick gets the most out of his players.

I think it's going to be pretty clear that Belichick will try to take away Julio Jones. That's what the Pats do. They take away the opposing teams #1 option. They did it yesterday to Antonio Brown. The good thing is that Ryan can distribute the ball to everyone else.

I just have to give the edge to NE. As much as I love Ryan, Brady is Brady. I give NE edge at defense as well. NE is so solid on defense, I don't see them allowing ATL to stretch the field on them. Mid way through the game yesterday, the announcer said Big Ben and Pitt were yet to have a passing play more than 20 yards down field. Both offenses are great, I just think NE has a better chance of slowing down the ATL offense than the other way around. And I definitely give Belichick the advantage of Dan Quinn. NE also gets the checkmark for experience. Whether it matters or not, a lot of these Pats players have been here before, can't say the same for Atlanta. Who knows if it matters, we went into the SB three years ago with little to no experience and beat Denver.

I have a hard time seeing NE losing, but weird stuff happens in the SB. Pretty much all of the recent SB's have been upsets, so ATL does have that going for them.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Good post Hawk-Lock.

No problems with people favoring the Pats... if I weren't an Atlanta fan I probably would too just based on their history and Belichick.

You're right about Julio... he had 5 games with less than 60 yards and 2 games he didn't play this year... and Atlanta won all of them. No longer is our offense all about Julio... Ryan spreads it around. Julio did still average 100 YPG this year though. LOL

As for experience, I'm not buying into that for exactly what you said... Seattle won with little experience in 2013... and other teams before them. (Ravens, Saints, Giants)

It's a great matchup... and if we are gonna win it all, I want to beat Brady to get there. If we lose, so be it.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":75y6123s said:

Didnt help them after the bye this year

russell-wilson.jpg

Mizak

Reaction score
This is Belichick's and Brady's 7th Super Bowl appearance. They will have 2 weeks to dissect the Falcons offense. Patriots all the way.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
He got the Hawks' game correct. I don't think I could handle the NFL Network the next 2 weeks as a Falcons fan having to listen to Heath and McGinist spouting all their Patriot and Belichick love. Of course ESPN has Tedy Brusci too

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":29aaz2z2 said:
He got the Hawks' game correct. I don't think I could handle the NFL Network the next 2 weeks as a Falcons fan having to listen to Heath and McGinist spouting all their Patriot and Belichick love. Of course ESPN has Tedy Brusci too

LOL yeah... it's ok... we're used to the media hating on us. Hahah.... I really believe if the Falcons were to win 51 the headline the next day would be "Where did the Patriots go wrong?"

It's not all bad though... Deion has given us a lot of love... as he should. :)

253hawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":130ztyvw said:
Normally I would agree with this but the Twatlanta fans have been insufferable pricks. They remind me of the Panthers from last year and I hope they suffer the same fate and subsequent demise.

Have a read of their forum you can tell they have no idea what winning is all about. How bad must it be when it makes you rather shout for the Pats?

Seriously. Literally hours before the ATL/GB game, they were chirping about Sherman having to watch the game from home. They'd won nothing and still had a game to play...and still haven't won the SB yet. But let's drag up week-old news about a player who already has a ring to Atlanta's ZERO? Why are they still looking in the rear view mirror? There was more talking about Seattle than Green Bay, who you'd think would be their main focus. If not for our success, they wouldn't have Quinn and wouldn't even be close to where they are now.

I have nothing against Atlanta whatsoever as a team, but their fanbase is truly insufferable, in true haven't-won-crap-yet-but-talk-like-they're-champions bandwagon. Exactly like the Panthers were.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Every fanbase has their pricks 253hawk.

I personally am not all that much into trash talk. I'll defend my team till the cows come home with stats and opinions but I usually let the other guy dig their own hole.

One of my friends is a Packer fan... he flooded my FB page prior to the game yesterday with the usual "Matt Ryan is a playoff choker"... "Falcons empty trophy case"... "I called the Falcons phone but there was no ring"... etc... You know... the normal trash talking.

I told him to make sure he was around after the game and we placed a simple bet.... and now he's got a Falcons RISE UP profile pic for the next 2 weeks.

Josea16

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3f5u39mn said:
chris98251":3f5u39mn said:

My thoughts are pretty similar their fans have effectively moved me from "non caring" to please lose because maybe it will hasten Tom Brady's retirement. Seriously why are Falcon fans still here? Go chat with the Patriot fans already. Our 2016 season was done 16 days ago and so was your game against us.